Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,625 signups
Equipment Type: Launch Monitor
Vendor: SkyTrak

7.jpg

Introduction
Skytrak+ is an advanced golf launch monitor that combines photometric and Doppler radar technologies to deliver comprehensive shot data. It provides accurate measurements of key metrics such as ball speed, launch angle, and spin rates, making it a valuable tool for golfers who are serious about improving their game. The device includes features like the Shot Optimizer, which offers instant feedback on shot quality, and a multi-camera system that allows for detailed shot analysis from various angles. Designed for both indoor and outdoor use, Skytrak+ is versatile and portable, catering to golfers at all levels.

8.jpg

Key Features:

Comprehensive Data Tracking: Measures ball speed, launch angle, and spin with high accuracy using dual tracking technology.

Instant Feedback: The Shot Optimizer provides real-time insights into shot consistency and performance.

Detailed Analysis: Multi-camera functionality captures shots from multiple angles for a thorough analysis.

Practice Versatility: Suitable for use both indoors and outdoors, offering various practice modes, including virtual simulations.

Subscription-Based Enhancements: Access to advanced features and simulations through different subscription tiers.

About the Testing Opportunity
We are looking for two forum members to test, review, and keep the Skytrak+ launch monitor. Selected testers will assess the device’s accuracy, ease of use, and overall effectiveness in improving their game. This is an opportunity to see how well the Skytrak+ performs in real-world settings and to provide feedback that will help other golfers make informed decisions.

*Open to Forum members in the U.S.A. only. 
*Must be able to provide indoor and outdoor data. 
*Registration closes Aug 20. 
*Testers to be announced on the Forum Aug 27.

258 Comments

I'd be please and fortunate to play the 0311gen7, 5 forged milled black in left hand with my specs for lenght and grips, they look vert to my eyes,.I see myself compressing the ball with them for sure... 

Anyways I'm in for this testing opportunity, 

I have the original Skytrak and have loved it so it’d be awesome to get to try out the new one and see how they’ve improved it. Regardless good luck to everyone! 

This would be pretty cool. I’ve used a mevo and own a garmin r10 that I use almost every day. Can’t wait to see if this should be my next step. 

OK. Yeah. I'm starting to set up an at home practice area because the driving range is starting to get pricey. And this would make it a huge upgrade. Would love to be able to try this thing out. Get the pga 2019 game as well to go with it. 

I am really looking forward to this , i am getting ready to build a whole new building in yard just for this i was gonna put up driving nets for this but this would really be a huge addition and make these long cold winters a little more tolerable in this our top 5 snowiest places in the north east.

TY

Super excited for this opportunity. I’d love to see how this compares to my Rapsodo. Good luck everyone!

logged many hours on my buddy’s skytrak…would love my own setup and see how it compares…

Good luck everyone.  I’ve had the OG model skytrac that is now showing its age.  Battery is dead but power cord still works with the cameras to give me data on “almost” every swing.  Love this opportunity. 

IMG_2242.jpeg

This would be awesome! I have the Garmin Approach R10 and original Rapsodo. I’ve found the Rapsodo to be more accurate, but it doesn’t have virtual golf like the Garmin.

This would be a good testing opportunity for me and my daughter you plays high school golf

Being a complete nerd I’d love to test this and compare it to my R10. Only seen good things about SkyTrak. Good luck to everyone!

I have an r10 at home that I was using daily with my setup. My club got a Trackman earlier this year and after using it once it made it hard to get the r10 back out, so I mostly just use it to for distances. I’m interested to see if the SkyTrack+ could get me excited about practicing and playing on the sim again. 

I converted my garage into a golf simulator this past May and I chose the Skytrak+ as my launch monitor. Definitely a bonus to have the ability to practice anytime or to play a quick round of golf, especially when the weather isn’t cooperating. 

I’ve been out of the forum game for a while but this test would bring me back in especially considering I just had to have my Launch Pro repair for an exorbitant amount of money. Be nice to compare monitors to see what works better.

I own the skytrak OG and would love to test the skytrak+. I had a garmin R10 and  switch due to space needed for it. I miss the club data and have been wondering on the accuracy of the skytak+ club data. 

This would awesome to win. I would love to have the opportunity to practice daily!

The home sim market must be an interesting crowd to cater to for these manufacturers given they have to keep multiple user types in mind. I do wonder what percentage of average consumers actually utilize a tool of this caliber (and cost) to get better by means of data feedback and not just as a game console that allows the freedom of sheer repetition to play golf at home with hopes of improvement. I'm sure the sim part itself is good fun, and I'd guess the larger audience purchases for that purpose solely, albeit at an impressive price tag.

Digging into how the numbers translate for thoughtful shot analysis and then implementing meaningful mechanics adjustments would seem to be a longterm journey for most home users and probably the minority of the consumer audience. Sharing results with a coach would seemingly be of more benefit to maximize its use for most. With online teaching becoming more prevalent, this could be a very valuable tool in that respect alone.

I suppose mileage may vary depending on the user. A good opportunity, nonetheless. I'll be interested in the participants take on this one.

Would love to try this one out.  I bought the Mevo plus and have been wondering if it was the right choice.

Had an MLM2Pro which sadly I had to get rid of. Would love to give this a go and even moreso with the added courses!

On 8/15/2024 at 4:02 AM, Wolfstrum said:

Good luck to those who sign up for this one. 

Thanks I’ll need it. Been looking for a launch monitor so this may be the way in!

Very excited for this one. In the two years I’ve had my Garmin R10 I haven’t been too happy with its tracking so this would be an incredible upgrade and exciting to try out. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.