Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,012 signups
Equipment Type: irons
Vendor: PXG

Testers Wanted

TWFeature.jpg

MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to announce a new release testing opportunity from PXG. This is the first time PXG has ever participated in member testing, and there couldn't be a better product than their newly announced Gen 7 irons and Black Ops irons.

About PXG

It’s no surprise that PXG is a polarizing brand. Since their inception in 2013, they have been bold and, for some, brash. The evolution of PXG has been fascinating to follow as they transitioned from a boutique, high-priced, exclusive brand to a company offering a range of options with price points that will suit most, if not all, golfers.

PXG places significant focus on fitting, ensuring customers have the proper products to get the best performance from their game. This is evident with their various in-store fitting options (at PXG-specific or partner stores) and the option of over-the-phone fittings.

PXG also offers their PXG for Heroes program, which provides first looks, discounts, and more for active duty, veterans, first responders, and law enforcement personnel. It is a “Thank You” to all those who have served and is a core pillar of the brand.

0311P.jpg

The PXG Perception

As mentioned earlier, PXG is a polarizing brand. This was evident in the 2022 Brand Perception Survey done by MyGolfSpy, where results were varied. PXG ranked high with related words such as Modern, Premium, Engineering, and Innovation, while also ranking high with less positive keywords such as Hype, Follower, and Gimmick.

When brands are louder, there will be more people on each side of the fence, compared to those straddling it, which is why these results are not surprising.

This brings us to a key point: does it matter? If a product performs or outperforms what is in your bag, will it, or can it, change your perception? Could it make some of those negative associations fade away?

BlackOps.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are looking for six golfers to test, review, and keep a set of PXG Gen 7 irons or PXG Black Ops irons. We will be selecting three for each, and while we have no specifications or further details to share with you (those will be released soon), we are thrilled to provide this early opportunity to our members.

What is your brand bias towards PXG? Do you think it will make you the perfect tester?

Let us know!

0311XP.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to registered forum members in North America.
*Registration closes August 4.
*Testers will be announced August 6.

393 Comments

Never played PXG but always wanted to snag a driver when they were on sale, just never pulled the trigger. Would be excited to test these as a somewhat OG in the DTC market. Thanks for the opportunity and good luck to everyone!

Love my PXG driver!

I've never hit their irons because the price point was always a bit higher than others. I'm so glad they've come down on all of that. I felt like I was stealing the driver at the price I paid versus other OEMs.

Their fitting experience was also one of my favorites. 

Very curious to see how these irons compare against testers current gamers.

PXG man to PXG brand: thank you for the opportunity to let 6 spies test! This is an amazing opportunity for a few spies.. Everytime I go to the course ppl always ask "why PXG?".. Bc I want the best! Appreciate Admin for making this happen and good luck to 6 very blessed ppl!

PXG store is 45 minutes away and they charge to test their clubs and or hard to get a time slot when they have a promotion to test! I'm lefthanded and the 2 places I called to get fitted for clubs only had one brand of clubs for me to try, the others cost $500 or more ( they would put that toward the purchase if you bought thru them) so I was stuck if went there!!

A few friends and I went to PXG to get fitted and buy new clubs all 3 of us after we were done put a set on order . Out of the 3 one of us ended up with the set with no issues my buddy’s set after dropping over 4k on them they couldn’t get the shafts or it was a long back order for them and mine well they never told us when we were ordering them that there was any shafts on back order my Shafts were the MMT 125 x stiff so that was a problem in my book if when we were ordering them there were problems we should have been notified then but we were not. After numerous calls with customer service and telling me my shafts would be in in a week but couldn’t guarantee them I finally just canceled my order with them and ordered a set of Mizuno’s that I hate as well . Spoke with there regional manager and he tried to make everything right so that’s a major plus in my book

would like to give them another chance at gaining me as a customer.

Although I once thought of PXG as tricked out game improvement irons. I have since changed and appreciate many of the designs and innovations. I’ve seen many tour players and solid players out on the course gaming PXG clubs and I’m intrigued and eager to see for myself. 

PXG just opened a store in Hunting Beach, just down the street from me and I’ve been tempted to go check them out. 

Was literally looking into pxg as my long term investment upgrade last night. Good luck all excited to see how this turns out. 

As I stated before on the last iron set offering, I am seriously searching for a new set of irons! I would love to give these irons a try! I love the look of the black irons. I have played chrome all of my golfing life. Thanks again for this opportunity!! Good luck fellow spies!

Good luck, everyone!

I have really enjoyed my Gen 6 0311 P for the past year, so I am sure those of you lucky enough to be chosen will love Gen 7! (I am not signing up for this test.)

This is awesome. The blackops driver is currently in the bag and I love it. I have played a set of PXG irons in the past and they are definitely legit. 

Ive been a PXG skeptic mostly for aesthetic reasons. Was not a big fan of the looks. These look markedly different, and would love to be able to give a review from a skeptics perspective. I have no doubt these clubs perform. This is a great opportunity!

Glad to see PXG here! Would be great to compare them on the simulator and course against the 0311P Gen 6 currently ITB!

This is SUPER exciting to me. I currently play Gen 6 irons which I love, so I have a bias towards PXG. I'd understand if I'm not the target here, but I'd love to be able to play a round where I can compare the two on similar shots and give feedback. High handicap, but the Gen 6s have helped me bring it down some. I had Gen 4s previously, did a fitting, and have noticed a modest distance gain (anywhere from 2-7 yards on average depending on club) but a MUCH better dispersion. 

Good luck to everyone - I hope those who are chosen have GREAT rounds and enjoy this opportunity!

I have a PXG driver, a PXG 4-wood and a PXG driver. I would be glad to serve as a tester for PXG irons. 

Love to see if the performance matches the hype. The Black ops look very sleek and interested to see them when lined up against the ball

I have never used PXG anything before! i know some of the tour players use them but I haven't had the opportunity to swing them! 

Big excited to see what they are all about. 

I bought PXG hybrids when searching to get a new set two years ago. Their fitting process was great and their clubs were cheaper than all other offerings from TM or Callaway etc. With Hero discount, I think they came out to $129 each with a fitting and custom shaft etc 

The comments in this thread will be more entertaining than the actual reviews.  Personally, having just been to a PXG fitting studio to try out the GEN 6 irons, I'd love a shot at trying GEN 7 or Black Ops!

I admit it, I was never very fond of the PXG brand. But lately several of my golf companions have played PXG equipment and are very complimentary of it. Wish I could say that I was ex-military or first responder as PXG provides nice bennies to them, but I can only claim to be an old guy (65 yo) with a 7 handicap who has lifelong love affair with the sport. Would very much like the opportunity to be a tester of the Gen7 clubs and possibly convert from a long relationship with Srixon clubs. Because you know what they say, "don't knock 'em until you try 'em." Thanks MGS and PXG.

Currently playing GEN 3 0311p. To date I haven't noticed a large enough performance jump to move up to newer models. Perhaps the Gen 7? 

This Test is now closed to further comments.