Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,296 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Callaway

AI200.jpg

Testers Wanted: Callaway Apex Ai200 and Ai300 Irons

We’re are bringing another newly launch product by way of the latest additions to Callaway's renowned Apex line of irons—the Apex Ai200 and Ai300 to member testing.

The Apex line has a rich history, originally stemming from the legendary Ben Hogan brand, and has been a go-to for serious golfers since Callaway adopted it. Known for combining the feel of a forged iron with cutting-edge performance, the Apex irons have continually evolved to meet the needs of today’s players.

These new models claim to represent a significant leap forward in golf club technology, blending Callaway's advanced artificial intelligence design with premium forged construction. The Ai200 is designed for players seeking a balance of distance and precision, featuring a sleek, fully forged hollow-body construction. On the other hand, the Ai300 caters to those needing a more forgiving, game-improvement iron without sacrificing the feel and control that better players demand. Both models are designed to deliver superior consistency, performance, and a modernized look and feel, which is where you come in.

Ai200TW.jpg

About the Testing Opportunity

We are seeking three Forum members to test, review, and keep a set of the new Callaway Apex Ai200 or Ai300 irons.

This is your chance to put Callaway's latest innovations to the test and provide honest feedback on how these clubs perform in various playing conditions. We’re looking for golfers who are eager to evaluate the distance, forgiveness, and precision claims made by Callaway and share their experiences with these new irons.

If you’re passionate about golf and ready to explore the claimed advancements in the Apex Ai200 or Ai300 irons, we encourage you to apply for this exciting testing opportunity.

Ai300.jpg

Callaway Golf! - GO HERE TO GET YOUR SPECS!

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected for testing. 
*Open to all Forum members in the U.S.
*Registrations ends Aug 19.
*Testers to be announced on the Forum Aug 20.

479 Comments

Would love to see how these AI300 true temper stiff feel compared to my current titleist ap2 712! Look sharp!image.png.02823a4c02f6bdffb5f647bbbed79aad.png

Have been waiting for this drop for years! So pumped to see what Callaway delivers. Loved my old Apex irons, and would like to return. Time to put these to the test 

IMG_3741.jpeg

Looks like a great set of irons claiming some interesting benefits.

I would go with the Ai300s with +1inch length, 3up lie, with the True Temper Stiff shafts

Apex.png

Awesome job getting Callaway for another test this year. Forum is on fire. I won’t apply as I find it strange to play a set with a 43° pw. Regardless though good luck to those who apply! Hope you reach your apex in golf!

I just dream of this opportunity to try these next-generation irons. Good luck to all.

I'm looking forward to trying some new irons.  The new Calliway ai300 with the graphite shaft would fit me just right.  After getting fitted I plan to lower my scores to a consistent mid 70 round. 

apex.jpg

Apex Ai300, 5-PW, UST Mamiya Regular Flex, Std Length, Std Lie.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Screenshot_20240813_082443_DuckDuckGo.jpg

image.jpeg.a77c70a5c394c88a1406d6e797650fda.jpegTheee Apex irons would be a great way to build a new set.  5 thru pw. I would then in a dream upgrade to the opus wedges and AI smoke driver, woods/hybrids. All irons in stiff shaft and driver in xstiff. 

Slowly getting new clubs, and love the few callaway I have now. Testing these would be awesome. I’d like to try either the stiff graphite or the stiff steel. Haven’t had new irons for a very long time haha

IMG_0559.png

IMG_0560.jpeg

This might just be the next step- looking to find that middle ground iron set between game improvement and you got this,  so the Ai200’s intrigue me! Could be a grail set for occasional players looking for a new blend of performance and forgiveness

I've always been jealous of my brother's set of Apex irons, where he lacks control off the tee, it's easily made up with his iron play. I've hit them a few times and can see how Callaway could help my GIR accuracy and potentially pushing me to play smarter with long irons off the tee vs driver. I'm currently in a set of Ping i20s that are in desperate need of upgrading. I've started to notice how my accuracy into greens is hurting my game. I'm currently a 12.2 hcp but feel like I can easily get to single digits with more distance control. My GIR is currently 34% but I miss a combined 34% short (22%) or long (12%) so accuracy isn't a issue but distance control is. I feel like an upgraded set would help me dial in distance to start hitting the greens in regulation more. I even struggled with this yesterday as I would miss slightly long or short on 30% of the approaches. I've worked a lot on the Trackman in our office during the winter months on accuracy but getting consistent distances with my current set is what is pushing me to explore an update. 

The Ai200 irons look like a great fit for my current game as I'll keep distance and forgiveness but also have the ability to slowly continue to improve my workability with shot shaping. I love the look of the new forged 455 Face Cup as it seems to promote confidence standing over the ball. Especially since the Ai Smart Face will help with obtaining more consistent speed and spin into greens while keeping a tight dispersions. 

Callaway also recommended the Ai200 irons. I was recently fitted by a professional and would look to test the following:

Ai200: 4-AW. 1" Long, 1 degree upright, X-Stiff Shafts (110-120 gram) and extra wrap on standard grip. 

Currently game Paradym Triple Diamond Driver and 3W.  Never tried Callaway irons lately since been playing Mizuno forged irons and haven't moved away do to the feel.

Would be honored to try and review the AI200s and see if just as good as Mizunos.  My brother games Apex pros but regular shaft vs stiff so never hit his clubs.

Would love to get the chance to test these out! I perform well with my irons, but haven't been able to upgrade them yet. These would definitely look great in my bag and I would love to see how much improvement I get upgrading from my starter Callaway Strata irons to irons like this.

Picsart_24-08-13_09-27-12-958.png

I would love to test the Apex Ai300 Iron set and match them against the Ping G425s that I have.  Gap wedge - 4 irons - Regular.  Thanks for the opportunity.

image.jpeg.d64ec81cb923d5895c9baeda4f200aae.jpeg

Would love to try the Callaway Ai300.  My current irons are a used set of used Srixon z355, that a friend gave me, after she saw me using my first set of garage sale irons.  She thought they needed to be tossed in the trash, they were that bad. 

Apex Ai200 Irons with True Temper Dynamic Gold MID 100 Steel shafts. Cut down -.50" shaft length. My current Irons: Ai Smoke This would be a great opportunity to compare my current Ai gamers to the new Apex Ai200.

Good luck everyone! Thank you!

Would love to see these up against my JPX 923’s.  Really don’t think the 923’s can be beaten for me.

Would go 4-AW.  Didn’t see x stiff shaft option, so that’s concerning….  3* upright.  1.25 inches extended.  

image.png.ff89a69059a42e7c82c73b26e81ba0e5.png

The online fitting didn't suggest one of the two offerings, but based on the club details the 200 series may be more suited for me. Odd that there doesn't appear to be images of the 300 series, only the 200, unless they are identical, and none of the images have the model information. 

And another plug for manufacturers to go away from the traditional iron labeling and just put the lofts on the clubs. A 42 and 43 degree PW isn't really a PW, it's a 9 iron.

CallGolf.jpg

This Test is now closed to further comments.