Question About Exchanging Shafts Recently Purchased at Dick's

Hello all.  Been reading this forum for a long while, first time posting though.  A question...

I recently invested in some nice clubs for my son, who took a huge liking to golf.  Went to Dick's and got him Pyramid driver, 3 wood and 5 hybrid and also a set of Taylor Made Stealth irons.   He hit in their simulator with a Dick's employee and they messed around with the launch angles of the woods and stuff a little bit before settling on what they said was right.

Bought em sometime between 4-6 weeks ago and he's played a few rounds with them and hit a time or two at the range with them.

Anyway, my son had a golf lesson (his first) with a teacher today, and apparently he did great.  So much so, in fact that it turns out his swing speed is entirely too fast for the shafts on the clubs we bought.. It was the most important thing for his golf game right now, per the instructor.  His iron shafts are only like 85g and the coach said they should be at least 115-125g.

So, I guess my question is this--- spent really good money on these clubs at Dick's and I THINK per the website  you can return items up to 90 days, however these are golf clubs and have no been used a hand full of times..  Do  you know if there's anything I can do to exchange the shafts on his woods and irons (said the wedges were fine) in exchange for higher weighted shafts?  Can anyone tell me how that works?  Sorry, new to golf gear beyond the basics.    Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Posted (edited)

Unless there is a dicks employee on here your only going to get guesses. Just call dicks and ask them. You will get the answer directly from them, but the chances you get a full refund is probably slim.

Probably and unfortunately expensive lesson in not getting fit at a store like dicks

Edited by RickyBobby_PR