Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,352 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: Maxfli

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Member Testing

Maxfli-TOUR-X-MA.jpg

We are once again offering the Maxfli Tour series golf balls for member testing. However, this time around, there is a slight twist: Maxfli has added a new feature to this series.

First, let’s recap the Maxfli Tour X golf ball and its standout performance in the 2023 MyGolfSpy Ball Test.

Both the Maxfli Tour and Maxfli Tour X performed really well in testing. But the Maxfli Tour X  was recognized for producing a higher ball flight for high-speed golfers while also cracking the top-10 fastest balls for all speed categories and topping the low swing speed driver chart.

Maxfli also earned best direct-to-consumer ball and best DTC brand quality in our recent Golf Ball Quality Awards of 2023.

Despite that high praise and results, the MyGolfSpy Ball Lab results came back varied, with previous versions performing better. The Maxfli Tour series scored 89, 82 and 73 out of 100.

With that out of the way, let’s dive into the new golf ball!

What’s Changed?

At the core, the Maxfli Tour and Tour X  remain the same, with the Tour being a three-piece ball and Tour X being a four-piece ball. However, Maxfli has added the following models with some significant claims.

Straight from Maxfli: “Center of Gravity Balanced with MAX ALIGN Technology, a patented balancing process combined with new MAX ALIGN alignment aid improves consistency and accuracy with a dynamic visual roll.

Consistent Performance, Hole After Hole: Experience consistent performance on the course with MAX ALIGN, designed to help you line up your shots perfectly.

Aim with Confidence: Gain the confidence to hit your shots with precision and accuracy, thanks to MAX ALIGN.”

MAXALIGN1.jpg

What is being tested?

We are looking for 10 golfers to test, review and keep two dozen golf balls. Five selected golfers will test either the Maxfli Tour  or the Maxfli Tour X with MAX ALIGN Technology.

Want to be one of our testers and put their claims to the test?

MAXALIGN2.jpg

*Registration closes Feb. 21.
*Testers announced on the Forum Feb. 27.
*This test is open to registered MyGolfSpy Forum Members in the U.S. only.

Maxfli-Tour-MA.jpg

133 Comments

Shame it's just for the US folk - definitely keen to see how these go though as have seen more people play Maxfli and certainly intrigued by what they come out with. Best of luck all!

14 minutes ago, SDunne said:

Shame it's just for the US folk - definitely keen to see how these go though as have seen more people play Maxfli and certainly intrigued by what they come out with. Best of luck all!

Maxfli only has distribution in the states so tough for it to be international. Plus if we made it worldwide and the tester loved them imagine how expensive they would be to get shipped overseas! My import fees here in Switzerland are a struggle!

Really excited to read more about this test. I was able to test the Maxfli golf balls last year and I will say... they surprised me a lot. Looking to see how they've changed!

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Maxfli only has distribution in the states so tough for it to be international. Plus if we made it worldwide and the tester loved them imagine how expensive they would be to get shipped overseas! My import fees here in Switzerland are a struggle!

True enough! Amazon in Australia do sell them but certainly aren't as cheap as they would be in the US I'm sure (although not much is over here...)

4 minutes ago, SDunne said:

True enough! Amazon in Australia do sell them but certainly aren't as cheap as they would be in the US I'm sure (although not much is over here...)

Fwiw looking at the calendar so far we have at minimum 10 opportunities that are worldwide. 

Lots of really cool products and great opportunities. 

We would love for all to be available to all, but it just isn't possible unfortunately. 

II always wanted to try these out!  They’re not available here but I hear so many good things.  US only!  😡

Running out of Callaway Hex Black after purchasing dozens when new model came out and didn’t like.  Tested Pro V1, X and left -, too hard feel off longer irons.   Have marked balls in past and marker dries in bag too quick in the heat, prefer arrows or other mark on ball

Been playing the Maxfli X since mid summer last year.  They are great balls.  Curious to try the Tour model, see if I can tell a difference.  I put it on Trackman against the ProV1x that I played for years.  Negligible difference. My swing is more variable than the difference in performance, 1000%!  Bought 8dz over Xmas when they put them on sale at 99$ per 4dz/box.  Should be good through 2025!

I have been using Maxfli Tour balls for several years now, based on your MyGolfSpy reviews. I would like to participate in this test

I've been using Maxfli Tour balls for the past few months.  I've also been using a ball spinner on all the balls I play for about 15 years.  Spinning balls allows you to find where the heavy side of the ball is, so you can mark where that is located and therefore putt true (along the heavy side) without concern for any off center cg in the ball causing the ball to curve unnaturally.  What Maxfli claims to do with this ball should yield the same or similar results.  I wouldn't be surprised if that is how they determine where they put their alignment aid, if it truly working as they claim.  I would love to test their alignment lines and thus their claims in my ball spinner to see if what I get matches what they have marked on the ball.

I'm a Maxfli fan boy. Great Ball at a fair price. I lamented the fact they removed the original alignment aid even though it made their balls look like range balls 😆 

I would be interested in testing them as I already use the Maxfli Tour ball as my gamer and I am very leery of having this type of marking on a ball.  My fear is that the only purpose is for lining up a shot versus a putt which could result in more slow play. (I do put a line on my ball for putting only.)

On 2/15/2024 at 4:26 AM, gualandi99 said:

I am always curious to see test results, there are so many golfers that play a ball that doesn't suit their game or skill level.  I have a hard time spending $55/ dozen on a golf ball when there are alternatives out there that perform equally as well in the $25/ dozen range.  Mayfli is slowly creating their prices higher so it will be interesting to see if they keep their performance level up or are just utilizing marketing to grab some market share.  The CG concept is a 

playing Vice Pro and TaylorMade TP5. TP5 is great, Vice Pro will be  using when weather permits Me to golf.

Hoping to test the Tour X against my last year’s play with the Tour model…and since I live in SE VA I can start testing as soon as the frost delay is lifted!

Have been using Titleist Pro v1x left dot...      would like to try the new Maxfli...      thank you   

Really liked the pre 2023 Maxfli, but not happy with the 2023 alignment aid. Since going to 2023 my putting has not been near as strong. Coincidence?? Not sure. Probably, mental. Seems not that important, but if I find another ball that performs as well with a better alignment aid, why not switch. But, I am starting to look at different balls, but with the new alignment on the new Tour’s I  hope I can keep playing it as I love its performance in the rest of my game. 

On 2/15/2024 at 10:50 AM, Hepps8 said:

Would love to compare the Maxfli to the ProV1. 

If you get the chance would you inform us on the difference if any. I have played Prov for years and would like to see if there is anything out there that performs as well. 

3 minutes ago, Helpless Golfer said:

If you get the chance would you inform us on the difference if any. I have played Prov for years and would like to see if there is anything out there that performs as well. 

Absolutely!  I've been playing the ProV1 and have tried the Vice Pro, which is darn close, and recently trying the Callaway Chromesoft and the Maxfi Tour S.  I keep coming back to the V1 or Vice.

The Maxfli Tour X has been my ball for over 4 years now, and I love it, but am I the only one who thinks that the MAX ALIGN alignment aid is just too much?!?  I just want a simple one-line mark that I can cover with a black sharpie.

This Test is now closed to further comments.