Testers Wanted: L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,555 signups
Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B.

TESTERS WANTED!

1.jpg

It is no secret that L.A.B. Golf has taken off because of multiple wins on the PGA Tour and a greater professional presence overall. Its success in MyGolfSpy testing and the hype around the newly released L.A.B. DF3 has only increased its notoriety. 

What Is L.A.B.? 

L.A.B. stands for Lie Angle Balance. These putters, unlike other putters, are not toe-hang or face balanced. They are balanced to point at the target, meaning no twisting, no struggling to keep the face directed at the target—the putter does this naturally. 

As each golfer is unique in their putting stance and stroke, the fitting process for L.A.B. is crucial. L.A.B. has made this easy by way of their online submission. A simple step-by-step process is sent to L.A.B. and they use this video to dial in your specifications. 

L.A.B. is best known for their big and unique-looking DF 2.1, a putter that has many nicknames and certainly does not appeal to all golfers. This is where the DF3 comes in. 

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested 

The DF3 is the toned-down version of the bigger DF 2.1. This is what L.A.B. has to say about it: “We took a chisel to the original Lie Angle Balanced putter to make DF3 smaller and sleeker while honoring the shape of the putter that started it all for us. DF3 still does everything golfers love about the original. It stays square by itself. It’s still irrationally forgiving on mishits. But there’s a lot less to think about.” 

We are looking for six non-L.A.B. Golf users to test, review and keep the new DF3. We want to know how the DF3 performs, how/if the L.A.B. method works for you and get cold hard data on how these putters compare to your gamers! 

Think you are up for the challenge? 

2.jpg

* Registration closes April 9. 

* Testers to be announced on the Forum April 16.. 

* Open to golfers worldwide but you must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

519 Comments

My biggest "annoyance" with my Mezz Max is not being able to scoop a ball with the wings. The DF3 looks so much better than the 1 and 2 and The weight feels really nice. Would love to be included in the test and see if it can supplant my current LAB.

I would love to review the DF3!

I'm a huge putting nerd and have recently been fit for both the Mezz 1 and a Ping Oslo. I loved the Mezz 1 and hit it well, but really prefer a three line aid with a long line down the middle, just like the DF3/Oslo. I'm a 35/67* and have read every single LAB golf review the internet (and Ping Oslo review). I haven't pulled the trigger on either putter because I liked the Mezz 1 more, but really wanted something with my preferred alignment aid and ability to pickup a ball. I'm a long-time reader of technical reviews and have always wanted to combine my nerd/tech side and professional writing abilities. I'm a proficient technical writer (practicing transactional/contracts attorney) and am pre-fitted for the DF3! I would love to stretch my professional writing ability into a parallel field, specifically golf equipment review. I'm currently hitting a Ping Anser 2i with a 35 shaft at 70 degrees. 

I'm particularly interested in the DF3's new ball-picker function. I'd like to see if it causes any denting, disfigurement, scuffing or, scratching across ball types and in real world use. I know that a scuffed ball can cause ~40 yard loss in distance (https://clubhouse.swingu.com/lifestyle/how-much-does-a-scuff-damag-to-golf-ball-affect-performance-mygolfspy-golf-ball-test/), and would like to do a some testing to see if consistent use of the ball picker would eventually cause scuffing, premature ball wear, and resultant distance/accuracy loss. 

This is going to be awesome - Love the look of the DF3 (gotta go green) and would love to chance to test it, report/share!

Excited to try this new putter. Difficult to pull trigger on the old DF 2.1 but this DF 3 is more inviting as far as looks

Welcome to all the new members - really enjoy seeing an influx of new faces / voices during these incredible testing opportunities.  As many have previously said, this is a welcoming community of like-minded golfers, so feel free to poke around the rest of the site and engage!  Also, please get a profile picture - thats a GREAT start!

On a side note, I'd like to revise my initial estimate of sign-ups 😉- I'm guessing we get closer to north of 7K by close, which is INCREDIBLE!  Speaks volumes to the popularity of the LAB brand & products!

1 hour ago, Goingonatrip said:

My biggest "annoyance" with my Mezz Max is not being able to scoop a ball with the wings. The DF3 looks so much better than the 1 and 2 and The weight feels really nice. Would love to be included in the test and see if it can supplant my current LAB.

I watch a good amount of Youtube golf and some of my favorite guys BustaJack Golf are hyped that the DF3 can pick up the ball with the hole in the back, it's nice so you don't have to "scoop" the ball. 

Looking for a new putter, have heard great things about Lab putters!  Would love to test out this model!

I recently took a few practice swings with a L.A.B. putter and was thoroughly impressed by the balance. Would love to see the comparison between my mallet and the L.A.B.

Going on the record that this test is the MOST interested I’ve been in one for as long as I’ve been a member of the forum. My putting is a big part of why I haven’t broke into the “scratch” family yet. Averaging 1.8-2 putts per hole is not cutting it and I know I need help! Would love to test and give honest feedback. 

Very very excited for this one. Been seeing more and more of L.A.B. Everywhere. Can’t wait!!

I've been so excited to get my hands on a DF3 since they were released. Ive only ever tested a Mezz once, but the feeling was unreal. It would be incredible to be selected as a tester.

It would be awesome to be able to review this putter that I am very curious about....

2 hours ago, Adam W said:

I watch a good amount of Youtube golf and some of my favorite guys BustaJack Golf are hyped that the DF3 can pick up the ball with the hole in the back, it's nice so you don't have to "scoop" the ball. 

I tried it yesterday at the PGATSS (inspired by this thread) and I pushed a little too hard and thought I got the ball stuck at first! It's impressive how well it works once you're not trying to press too hard on the ball. 

Oh id love this test. I'm 21.9hcp, losing 7.5 strokes on putting compared to scratch  and I'm almost certain it's due to not squaring the putter. Distance control and green reading pretty good. Let's bring it on and get an aussie beginner testing it as well! 

Play about 2-3 full rounds a week so plenty of strokes to test. And track everything on Arccos.

This Test is now closed to further comments.