Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,515 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Clubs
Vendor: Takomo

Testers Wanted!

1.jpg

Many direct-to-consumer brands are praised for their irons and the value they can bring to those looking to spend a little less while still getting a high-performance product. The long game clubs, on the other hand, are often overlooked. Still aiming to provide superior performance but for a lesser price, this is where we want to see where the Takomo golf clubs stack up.

About Takomo

A Finnish company, Takomo, has made splashes by signing various golf influencers recently, significantly boosting their profile. They are a direct-to-consumer brand that offers a variety of golf clubs at competitive prices. In 2023, our Forum Members reviewed their iron series with high praise for their performance, adding that their simplistic but generally pleasing aesthetic appeals to many golfers. Since then, Takomo has ventured into the long game clubs, releasing UDIs, hybrids, fairways, and drivers, all with similar claims of being able to compete with the best of the best.

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep their choice of two Takomo long game clubs. The included golf clubs for this test will be the UDI and fairways offered from Takomo. We want to know how these golf clubs perform and how they stack up against others with significantly higher retail prices. We want the selected testers to review the on-course performance, get data on how they compare to the clubs currently in their bag, and ultimately tell us if these will make their bag long term.

4.jpg

Do you want to be a tester for the Takomo long game clubs?

*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum Members worldwide.
*Registration closes May 7
*Testers announced on the Forum May 14
*RH Only

227 Comments

Another great testing opportunity!  MGS are rocking them out!

I follow the Bryan Bros on instagram which has generated some interest from me.  Also particularly interested in the 5 wood or 7 wood or any of the UDI's as my Hogan hybrids are the next ones in the bag to be replaced.  My plan has been to take my 3 wood and my 1 hybrid and 3 hybrid and 4 iron into a bay and get distances on them.  See if I can take 4 clubs into 3 with proper gapping.  So this could be an avenue into that.  I played a 5 wood through college and it was one of my favorite clubs until I got my 3 hybrid and the hybrid just seemed easier to hit, until recently.  Could be that these hybrids are almost 20 years old now...

Good luck to all who apply.  Should be a great and fun testing opportunity.

5 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Good luck to those that apply. No LH UDI or FW.  Love the look of their clubs. Will be following along. 

Love to test them against my TSR fairways and hybrids.  I use to play the long irons when I was much younger.  Even played the old faithful one iron when I was a single digit.  Longest iron I use now is the five iron and fill in with hybrids.  

Perfect timing.  Just tested clubs to swap out my 3 hybrid and buy a FW.  Trying to properly fill the gaps in the upper end of the bag 

I would love to be selected for this, the Takomo 2 iron/utility has been on my short list of future buys and the Takomo fairway woods have been getting some great press on YouTube. Good luck to whoever is chosen, another great opportunity for the community!

Would love to test these. Been playing Takomo 101T's since December and I love the feel!

I currently play a Taylormade M3 3 wood and a Callaway hybrid.  I've been toying with the idea of changing the hybrid for a five wood. Would love the chance to test out the Takomo woods to see. what benefit if any I might get

Love the look of these clubs. Never had the chance to hit one to see how they feel and perform. Good luck to all testers and applicants!

This is a fascinating club maker, producing what appears to be top-quality clubs at accessible prices. Look out Titleist, Callaway, Taylormade, Ping! Would dearly love to see how these clubs feel.

Good luck all!  Takomo is a great golf manufacturer.  I’ve seen a lot of content with excellent reviews on these clubs.  I am hoping to give them a shot also.

I’ve heard about this company and have always wanted to test their product. I have also been interested in trying a driving iron so this test checks both those boxes…fingers crossed! 

Thanks for the opportunity. Have been looking into their clubs and would love to try them out at the top of the bag!

Have been debating getting these clubs online from takomo. Good luck to everybody

Cool. I already use a Sub 70 driver, so would be interesting to compare another direct to consumer. 

Great opportunity. Been really intrigued about Takomo since hearing about them through RGC and Wesley Bryan. I bought new irons just before finding out about Takomo, but I wish I'd had the opportunity to try them out. 

Could be a fun review to see. I have a Titleist U505 3 iron, and a Ping Icrossover 2 iron that I use instead of fairway woods. I’ve loved the long irons from companies. Cool to see how these stack up 

I was fortunate to be chosen to test the Takomo 301 MB's, I received them July 2023, tested them and started gaming them September 2023. If their long irons, Hybrids, etc, are anything like their irons the testers are in for a real treat. Sign up, it is worth a try and if you get picked you will love them...oh, I am still gaming them and coming out of winter the turf interaction is great... 

With Wes Bryan taking second in a pga event with takomos irons. I’m interested in this test to see how their other products are coming. 

Would be great to test out a brand that has been talked about a lot over the past few years. They look nice and would be interesting to see how they compare to other brands. 

I’ve been looking at the irons for a while but haven’t pulled the trigger. To test these might help make that decision. Good luck all.

Very interesting. Especially with the brand getting into the sponsorship game.

I definitely want to see how there driver and woods feel , I hear nothing but positive feedback on the irons so I definitely want the opportunity to hit there clubs. 

So excited for this one. The SkyForger 52* Wedge has quickly become my favorite club in the bag. Been so curious about the rest of their clubs!

This Test is now closed to further comments.