Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,515 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Clubs
Vendor: Takomo

Testers Wanted!

1.jpg

Many direct-to-consumer brands are praised for their irons and the value they can bring to those looking to spend a little less while still getting a high-performance product. The long game clubs, on the other hand, are often overlooked. Still aiming to provide superior performance but for a lesser price, this is where we want to see where the Takomo golf clubs stack up.

About Takomo

A Finnish company, Takomo, has made splashes by signing various golf influencers recently, significantly boosting their profile. They are a direct-to-consumer brand that offers a variety of golf clubs at competitive prices. In 2023, our Forum Members reviewed their iron series with high praise for their performance, adding that their simplistic but generally pleasing aesthetic appeals to many golfers. Since then, Takomo has ventured into the long game clubs, releasing UDIs, hybrids, fairways, and drivers, all with similar claims of being able to compete with the best of the best.

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep their choice of two Takomo long game clubs. The included golf clubs for this test will be the UDI and fairways offered from Takomo. We want to know how these golf clubs perform and how they stack up against others with significantly higher retail prices. We want the selected testers to review the on-course performance, get data on how they compare to the clubs currently in their bag, and ultimately tell us if these will make their bag long term.

4.jpg

Do you want to be a tester for the Takomo long game clubs?

*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum Members worldwide.
*Registration closes May 7
*Testers announced on the Forum May 14
*RH Only

227 Comments

The upper end of my bag is a black hole.  I have tried and failed to replace my 15-year-old Mizuno 3w, and nothing has filled the gap between that and my 4iron for me.  I have tried many utility woods but just can not seem to find one that fills the role.  From 250-210ish yards, there is a huge gap.  Usually, I will lay up, or or attempt to fade my 3w (end in disaster most times).  Having something fill that gap off the tee or when I need to stretch a second shot out would be great.  

Interested in Takomo, especially after seeing George and Wesley Bryan playing them. Been thinking about switching my 3 Hybrid to a driving iron, so looking forward to seeing how these perform!

Been demo’ing driving irons recently for an upcoming purchase. Would love to give these a spin

Am highly interested in this brand hear good things from friends from other places they really like consistency of these would love to try.

Ty

I play a mixed iron set of Titleist CB P-7 and Titleist T-MB 6-3 (3 iron has a tour Ad x-stiff driving shaft on it). I would love to try some clubs up against my T-MB!!!!!

22 hours ago, NotScratchYet said:

The upper end of my bag is a black hole.  I have tried and failed to replace my 15-year-old Mizuno 3w, and nothing has filled the gap between that and my 4iron for me.  I have tried many utility woods but just can not seem to find one that fills the role.  From 250-210ish yards, there is a huge gap.  Usually, I will lay up, or or attempt to fade my 3w (end in disaster most times).  Having something fill that gap off the tee or when I need to stretch a second shot out would be great.  

PXG gen6 2wood!

I just switched my irons from Mizuno Pro 225 to Takomo 301MB/CB combo and I am thrilled with my decision. I played a set of blades a couple of seasons ago (PXG 0211ST), but wanted a little more forgiveness and easier distance. I got what I wanted with the Mizuno player's distance line, but felt that I sacrificed precision. They are a tad too hot on pure strikes. One month in with my Takomo irons and I'm loving the best of both worlds. The 301 combo set offers consistent distance, surprising forgiveness, and a buttery soft feel that rivals Mizuno. I'd love the opportunity to try more of Takomo's gear. 

Another brand more people should try, Inc myself. 

I'm interested in seeing what countries the chosen testers are from. 

Heard fantastic things about their irons so I'd love to see how their venture into UDI and woods goes. 

I owned a set of Takoma 101 irons, loved the 4 iron.  I had ordered these early in Takoma sales and it took so long for the set to arrive I decided to get fit for a set of irons.  I selected my current set of Ping i525 with Regular Flex UST 780 shafts.  I also chose the power loft.  The Takoma's arrived months later.  I played those for a while and liked them.  The 101 set performed very similar to the Ping i525, the feel was slightly better with the Ping and the distance was close but Ping also prevailed.  I don't have a 4 iron in my Ping set, but I loved the Takoma 101 4 iron.  I hit it numerous times for distances equal to my 3 Wood.  I chose to sell the Takoma set which I was tempted to keep the 4 iron but didn't.  I do have some Tour Edge Exotic 723 Hybrids that outperform the Takoma 4 iron. 

I would love to test Takoma Long clubs especially after my experience with the 101 4 iron.  I think Takoma is an excellent company, customer service was exceptional.  I review it's website and new offerings regularly and in fact thought about purchasing other clubs like these long irons, wedges and the new woods. 

I've been following Takomo brand for a bit now through their website and social media's. Tim (🎂 Happy Birthday Tim!!) there spokes person does a great job at providing a lot of information about the Takomo product. Go check them out. Their product looks great and would love not only to test but also to game these irons full time.

p.s. I don't know Tim personally and am not affiliated with Takomo in any way. I know it's Tim's Birthday because he posted a video on their YouTube channel about giving a set of irons away for his birthday. 😁

Played back to back rounds with random golfers that had Takomos in their bag. Both were decent players (5-10 hdcps) and each had the 101T irons and hit them well. One guy was all in and Takomo and loved the concept and the other guy had a Scotty putter and all other Major OEM stuff in his bag and seemed skeptical of the irons (he had bought them on a whim and seemed to be looking for reasons to kick them out of the bag) but he kept hitting good shots with them. At the end of the round I asked him why he was down on his irons and it seemed like it was entirely due to the fact that Takomo is a DTC with very little history. I hope for his sake he can continue to resist the allure of major OEM irons because he was playing great. 

This is the part of my bag I’m focusing on now. Just got a Callaway AI Smoke 3 wood. Would be interested in seeing how their fairway woods compare.

Been an avid follower of the Tacomo brand, since it was 1st launched.  The 101T's are of particular interest, being similar hollow bodied build to my current irons.  Testing these would be a great way to test out my own irons against them.  Compare and contrast.  The longer clubs also appeal, and well worth testing.  3-4 times a week will put them to the test from the off, playing links golf.

20 hours ago, Bubba1985 said:

PXG gen6 2wood!

I have never tried PXG.  Mostly budget reasons keep me from even picking one up.  I may have to try one next time I'm near one.  Preciate it

Have been following this brand and would love to give them a shot in my bag! Thanks for the opportunity!

This brand is really getting a strong foothold in the market. Beautiful clubs that are performing very well from everything I've seen. 

4 hours ago, NotScratchYet said:

I have never tried PXG.  Mostly budget reasons keep me from even picking one up.  I may have to try one next time I'm near one.  Preciate it

Yes sir..I will give u a warning though, I just rode around and watched my buddies playing today.. Had a 110 yard shot 6" off the fairway in the rough to a bottom green playing off two hills.. Easy shot right, play the front hill long or the back hill short with spin and pull it back.. as soon as I hit the ball something felt wrong and it fell 20ft short, dropped another and played this shot with the club head at a stronger angle and went over by 15ft.. Once u play and get use to those PXG, nothing feels the same.. he was playing a new set of Callaway rouge btw

This Test is now closed to further comments.