Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,002 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: PXG

TW_PXGAllan.jpg

Introduction
PXG’s Allan Putter introduces innovative technology aimed at helping golfers achieve greater stability and control on the greens. Featuring Zero Torque Balance Technology, the putter is designed to minimize face twisting during the stroke, helping to keep the putter face square at impact. This technology is beneficial for all stroke types, making it versatile for golfers of varying skill levels. The putter also boasts an S-hosel design for enhanced balance, a Pyramid Face Pattern to improve roll consistency, and a convenient Pick Up Pocket for easy ball retrieval on the green.

Key Features:

• Zero Torque Balance Technology: Reduces the twisting of the putter face during the stroke, promoting more consistent, square impacts.
  • S-hosel Design: Aligns the shaft above the center of gravity, further enhancing stability and reducing the tendency for the putter face to open or close during the stroke.
  • Pyramid Face Pattern: A uniquely milled face pattern designed to improve the interaction between the putter and the ball, providing better distance control and a smoother roll.
  • Pick Up Pocket: A thoughtful design feature that allows golfers to pick up the ball easily without bending over.

PXGAllan1.jpg

What You’ll Be Testing
We’re looking for golfers to test and review the PXG Allan Putter, focusing on its performance and the effectiveness of its key technologies. Does the Zero Torque Balance Technology really help keep the face square? How does the S-hosel design influence your putting stroke? Testers will put these claims to the test, providing detailed feedback on everything from the feel of the putter to the ease of use of the Pick Up Pocket. Your insights will be crucial in helping the MyGolfSpy community understand whether this putter can make a real difference on the green.

Apply Today!

PXGAllan2.jpg

• Open to all registered forum members worldwide.
  • Registration opens Aug. 31 and closes Sept. 6.
  • Selected testers will be announced on the Forum on Sept. 10.

This is your chance to see if the PXG Allan Putter truly elevates your putting game, delivering on its promises of increased stability, control, and convenience on the greens!

287 Comments

Although my putting's been getting better as of late, it would be great to find a point-and-shoot kind of putter.  My current blade isn't super user friendly as far as setup goes, but it feels and rolls great.

My PXG Mustang was one of the best putters for feel and love the look. Unfortunately just didn’t work for my stroke. Love the center shaft look of the Allan. Will be very cool to see how the testers like the hosel set-up! Interesting innovations PXG!

1 hour ago, Jon727 said:

Whoa!  Competition for LAB Golf!!?!  As much as I have been interested in LAB putters, I just don’t like the look of them.  That said, this looks like a normal putter will all the same technology!  So excited for this trial!  Would love to be a tester as putting is one of my favorite parts of the game! 

It’s not the same technology.  It’s a third-cousin twice removed.

I would love to be a tester for the PXG Allan Putter. I recently got fitted for the first time and replaced my nearly 20-year-old set of clubs. I replaced everything except my putter with the latest PXG clubs (Gen 7 irons). I was fitted about a month before the Allan putter was released. Less than two years ago I bought the Tommy Armour Impact Putter after seeing it won the MGS Most Wanted in 2022. I am generally very happy with it. I decided to stick to my blade putter and save some money.

I luckily live a few minutes from a PXG store. When I heard about the Allan Putter, my curiosity was peaked, and I had to go check it out. While not an official fitting, the fitter let me test out multiple configurations with the Allan putter and test it against my Tommy Armour Impact Putter. Going back and forth after a few shots, the forces (or lack thereof) during the putting stroke were very noticeable. However, I was still rolling the 10-foot putts almost or just as well with my Tommy Armour putter as the Allan putter. Maybe the Tommy Armour Impact Putter suits my putting stroke or maybe 10 feet isn't the distance the Allan putter shines over the competition. Anyway, even though I was blown away by the putting stroke sensation, I couldn't justify the price. So, I walked out without purchasing.

Given this opportunity, I would love to test the Allan putter on course and real-world putting scenarios. It would look great in the bag with the rest of my PXG clubs. I also have a Perfect Practice Mat that I could use to test consistency from various lengths with both putters.

20240820_132502(Medium).jpg

Would be great to test this and see how it might help with a more consistent stroke as I’m not always as stable with my stroke using my blade putter (TaylorMade TP Black Juno 2).

I’ve been a lurker here for several years. I’m hoping to be chosen to test this putter. I became an official member today. 

I’ve got a Scotty Phantom X 5.5 putter now that I’m not 100% happy with. I want more help in lining up putts and an easier time picking up the ball from the green:)

I’m a competitive golfer with a high and shrinking handicap. Last year I won our club’s season long match play, this year I got my first hole in one, plus won the club championship. Both competitions were in the super senior net division. 

I spend much of my practice time on the short game, 75 yards and in. I’ve seen good improvement here and I want to extend this to my putting. 

Fingers are crossed!

I would love to be a tester of the Allen putter.  I was a good friend of Allen Parsons the person this putter is named for, Allen help me with my golf game.  Also, the design looks interesting.

1 hour ago, Hoyt White said:

I would love to be a tester of the Allen putter.  I was a good friend of Allen Parsons the person this putter is named for, Allen help me with my golf game.  Also, the design looks interesting.

Wow that is a very interesting story!

Last year I went to PXG and was fitted for the Bat Attack. As a higher handicap golfer, I dropped for strokes per round on putting alone. I would love to do a side-by-side comparison with the butter, and (hopefully) drop more one putts. I’d be happy to compare the two from 510 and 20 feet, MYGOLFSPY style, complete with spreadsheets!

Would love to be a tester here in Northern Ireland. Would take some pics with it at Royal Portrush. Very keen to try the technology and love the innovation that PXG are bringing to the table.

All the reviews I've seen of this putter have been stellar. I'm very interested in this one. The zero torque balance seems very interesting and another step in the quest to make the ball start on line. We don't always pick the right line, but at least start on the line we pick...

Having struggled with a square putter face for as long as I can remember, would love to test this and give honest feedback for everyone with the same problem. 

I love the idea of zero Torque! Absolutely Dying to test this putter and not only give feedback but being an Engineer also some ideas for any improvement for future models.

about the only thing I can do well on the course is put. my motto in scrambles is "just get me on the green and ill do the rest, lol" would love to find out how this putter compares to my beloved scotty Cameron.

Wow, after reading the putter key features all one has to do is make sure you give it the right speed. Hope "auto speed" will be a future enhancement!

This Test is now closed to further comments.