Testers Wanted: 2023 MGS Forum Test: Ship Sticks Travel!

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
170 signups
Equipment Type: Travel Service
Vendor: Ship Sticks

Testers Wanted: Ship Sticks Travel Service!

image.png

Are you going on a flying trip soon and taking your clubs with you? We may have the perfect testing opportunity for you!

Straight from Ship Sticks - 

At Ship Sticks, our mission is to make golf travel simpler, easier, and more affordable. In 2014, U.S. airlines collected $2.6 billion in baggage fees and mishandled 24 million bags. Our goal is to provide golfers with a hassle-free alternative to lugging their clubs to and from the airport – so as to improve the golf travel experience, increase the number of rounds played annually, and grow the game

image.png

We are looking for 4 MyGolfSpy Members who have an upcoming trip planned to report, review, compare and share their Ship Sticks experience with the Forum Community!

This Member Testing Opportunity is open to Right and Left Handed golfers in the US. 

Ship Sticks does offer worldwide service, however for this current opportunity it is for US only Members. 

The selected testers will receive the standard service one way with Ship Sticks, while the other would be using the airline as normal. Selected testers will be required to compare, review and report the differences, benefits, ease of use and everything else that comes along with both experiences!

Selected testers will be required to post and use their social media platforms (reels, videos, photos and such) as part of the review.
Testers will be announced prior to their trip and therefore can be rolled out over the course of the season. 
Finally as this is a unique test unlike any other we have done before we will leave registration open for a little longer to ensure everyone with an upcoming to trip or newly planned trip can apply!

What do you think? Going on a trip soon and want to get an opportunity to test a service which could make travel infinitely simpler? Apply in the link top right!
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Want to learn more about Ship Sticks and their offerings? Go to their website to learn more: https://www.shipsticks.com/

33 Comments

11 hours ago, Divescribe said:

I don’t have any upcoming trips but have been using Sip Sticks for a few years. I started using them when my bag didn’t fit in the rental car with the family luggage. Here are my thoughts:

1. Their underlying carrier is Fedex and  there is a markup.

2. I always arrange for my bag to get to the destination at least one day before me.

3. I usually go to Hawaii and the cost is higher than shipping to the mainland.

4. Winter travel is “interesting”. On occasion, my bag is late. Ship Sticks always lets me know beforehand and provides reimbursement to rent clubs, buy balls, glove, etc. up to $150. They also refunded the outbound cost.

5. You may also purchase extra insurance for lost clubs.

The good:

for a small extra fee , they arrange a pickup at your home/office and at the resort/golf course for return - I would check with the resort/golf course before traveling.

Ship Sticks follows your bag for you. Hint: I also put an AirTag in the bag.

Very convenient not to schlep a large bag.

Cons:

It ain’t cheap but look for their 20% off coupons.

Fedex will be a little less money 

I REALLY hope not to jinx myself by jumping back in on this, but thus far my experience has been early arrival of my bag, never late 🙏

That being said, I also have always planned/scheduled my delivery for at least a day before I need my bag. I've seen the costs rise, but what costs haven't these last couple of years? So, good...

1. so far always on time or early

2. Don't have to lug baggage thru airports and shove them in rental cars or whatever the ride is.

3. They will do a local pickup

4. Can have clubs dropped at a course, hotel or residence.

5. Can do other luggage along with clubs.

The bad...

1. $$ going up

2. Sometines having to find a local UPS or Fedex at the "away" location, and get there when they are open to meet a schedule can be a challenge.

Am currently on an Ireland golf trip.  Sent my bag via Shipsticks days in advance, since I had a week or more of non-golfing travel in Europe before heading to Dublin.  Overseas, they use DHL.  My experience was great.  Everything on time.  Clubs picked up at my home and delivered to hotel in Dublin.  Won’t use them on the way back, since I plan on playing shortly after getting home (and clubs fly for free as my second bag on flight home).   Definitely DO look for their frequent coupons for 20% off or more.

I have never used them to ship my clubs. I wish I had a trip planned I would love to try them out. Good luck everyone! Looking forward to your feedback.

I used ShipSticks last July for my 14-day golf marathon in Ireland. First time using them, but after reading about/seeing the ungodly mountain of golf travel bags piled up at Heathrow and Dublin airports, figured it was worth a try. It definitely paid off! My clubs were at my hotel room in Killarney when I arrived, in perfect condition. Shipped them from the K Club to back home; a slight delay when DHL went to the wrong clubhouse for pickup, but they reached out to me and got it sorted within 4 hours. As others have mentioned, they frequently have 20 percent off coupons for first time users. Cost was very reasonable, and saved me much effort and potential aggravation! 

Great opportunity here for some Spys! I'm not putting in on this one because I don't have any trips planned. Good luck to everyone that is entered!

I used them to ship to Hawaii from DC. Bag arrived 4 days late to Hawaii, but just in time for my rounds. It took over a week to get them back and we’re delivered to the wrong address. They said I’d be refunded but that never occurred