Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Anyone interested in peer coaching?

I used to be very into poker in my younger days, and loved to post hands to forums and get feedback on how I could have played them better (and likewise to give the same feedback to others). The idea of a "poker coach" was pretty foreign to me and most others, so this is how folks learned and improved their game.

One of the things I would do is swap screen recordings with someone else of, say, a 30-minute online poker session. Then we'd voiceover the other person's recording with our observations and feedback and send it back to them.

I was thinking that this could be useful for golf as well. Swing videos are one opportunity, as it's easier to see faults in others than yourself, and most people here, even those of us who aren't very good, understand the basic elements of a good swing and can identify common issues. The other thing (which is actually what I was primarily thinking of today) has to do with course management and the mental game. For those of us who use a shot tracking system (Arccos, Shotscope, Garmin, an app, etc.), we could record a video where we pull up the problematic holes from our round and walk through them to get feedback on how we could have strategized or executed them better.

Anyway, if anyone wants to give this a shot, please reply or DM me!  

PXG 0211 driver, 5w, 6i-PW, GW, SW; Titleist H1 4h; Odyssey White Hot mallet.