Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,515 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Clubs
Vendor: Takomo

Testers Wanted!

1.jpg

Many direct-to-consumer brands are praised for their irons and the value they can bring to those looking to spend a little less while still getting a high-performance product. The long game clubs, on the other hand, are often overlooked. Still aiming to provide superior performance but for a lesser price, this is where we want to see where the Takomo golf clubs stack up.

About Takomo

A Finnish company, Takomo, has made splashes by signing various golf influencers recently, significantly boosting their profile. They are a direct-to-consumer brand that offers a variety of golf clubs at competitive prices. In 2023, our Forum Members reviewed their iron series with high praise for their performance, adding that their simplistic but generally pleasing aesthetic appeals to many golfers. Since then, Takomo has ventured into the long game clubs, releasing UDIs, hybrids, fairways, and drivers, all with similar claims of being able to compete with the best of the best.

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep their choice of two Takomo long game clubs. The included golf clubs for this test will be the UDI and fairways offered from Takomo. We want to know how these golf clubs perform and how they stack up against others with significantly higher retail prices. We want the selected testers to review the on-course performance, get data on how they compare to the clubs currently in their bag, and ultimately tell us if these will make their bag long term.

4.jpg

Do you want to be a tester for the Takomo long game clubs?

*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum Members worldwide.
*Registration closes May 7
*Testers announced on the Forum May 14
*RH Only

227 Comments

Looking forward to seeing what comes out of this test. As a few people have said, alot of Youtube Golfers and even a few Pros are starting to game Takomo. I am most intrigued about the UDI and how that stacks up.

I actually spent the last few days thinking about getting either the Takomo 101T or the 201 irons as well as their wedges. I still haven't decided yet, but now this popped up while browsing the forum 😵. I'm definitely interested in trying those long distance clubs!

The long game part of my bag is a big kerfuffle at the moment so a chance to test some of their long game options in the weekly league i'm in!

I would love to test the UDI clubs. I have Titleist TSR2 4 hybrid and a Ping 410 3 hybrid that I would love to test against. Good luck to everyone.

Started a new league this year and the course is short and tight. Have been considering a driving iron to help manage my game on this track and would LOVE to test these out under tough conditions weekly!!

AHHHH... I have been wanting Takomo golf clubs since the Bryan Bros made the switch. I have actually reached out to purchasing them, but they havent started selling the super combo sets yet. Being chosen for this give away and test is something I want really really bad. Takomo has really launched themselves into the golf industry. They have become a name most know. It would be an honor to test these out.

Always loved their style of the irons - look extremely well made.  Has anyone hit their driver before?  I'm very interested in how the style matches/compares with the function.

Very interested in the fairway woods.. Currently swinging the gen 6/ 3 wood and the TaylorMade burner 5 wood. I think the gen 6 is irreplaceable, but have wiggle room with the TM burner

Very interested in the UDI game. I used to have a Ping 2 iron in my bag and loved it. Hybrids were easier to hit though. Good luck testers. 

I’ve had my eye on a driving iron for a while. I would love to see what it could do for my game. I have significantly high swing speed, so I could use these to help me stay in the fairway where most people would use a driver. I’ve heard great things from Takomo, and they’re making great headway by sponsoring big names such as the Bryan Brothers. Wesley recently shot -9 on tour with these in his bag, so it’s hard to argue with quality.

Not very often do we get long clubs to test, other than drivers.  Would be interesting to test and compare with my Ping fairway clubs.

I’ve seen so much about Takomo, and have definitely considered them for replacing my irons. I’d love to get my hands on their long iron to test. Was going to consider it for my next purchase anyways!

This Test is now closed to further comments.