Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,669 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: Titleist

🚨 Testers Wanted! 🚨

TWSM10-Feature.jpg

The new Titleist Vokey SM10 wedges were released in March of this year and have been a popular addition to many golfers' bags since. We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a set of Titleist Vokey SM10 wedges.

About The Vokey SM10 Wedges 

MyGolfSpy Staff member Tony Covey has a complete breakdown of the new SM10 wedges here , which is a must-read, but the shorter version is Vokey SM10 is focused on three key elements: versatility, distance control, and trajectory, and maximizing spin. The Vokey SM10 lineup has six different grind options for a total of 25 different loft, bounce, and grind options. 

This includes the M Grind that had previously only been available through WedgeWorks and T Grind that has also made its way to the retail market. The other options that a golfer must choose from are the finish, and the SM10 has three of them: Tour Chrome, Jet Black, and the new addition Nickel. 

There’s more though; the Vokey SM10 has refined the shape and CG placement to help optimize distance control and trajectory. This works in tandem with their spin-milled grooves that have groove geometry that varies depending on the loft to maximize spin for each loft.

TWSM10-2.jpg

Titleist Wedge Selector Tool 

Of course, all of this can be a lot to take in, so Titleist offers an online Wedge Selector Tool to help simplify things. It is a series of eight questions which gather various information about your current setup and game to help make the best recommendation on what setup would be best for you. To try it yourself, go here!

What Is Being Tested? 

As previously mentioned, we are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a set of Titleist Vokey SM10 wedges. We want you to tell us how they perform in real-world conditions and play. Importantly, we also want to know how the Wedge Selector Tool works and if the recommendations are what you would normally expect. 

The selected testers will go through a Titleist Fitting for their wedge set and see how it compares to the results from the Wedge Selector Tool.

Think you are the right golfer to participate in this test? 

TWSM10-3.jpg

*Must be a registered Forum member to be selected.
*Registration ends May 2, with testers being announced May 7.
*Applicants must post a screenshot of their Titleist Wedge Selection Tool results on the Forum thread here.
*Expense for in-person fitting not covered as part of the testing opportunity.

1,035 Comments

Hands down the best wedges in the game. I love my SM8 but it’s time for an upgrade 

IMG_6315.png

I literally just got fit into these and bought the  54 and 58 😂 excited to follow along with the testers on this one!

Love Vokeys. Really need to consider new wedges. I consider them to be the best wedges, although some other companies seem to be on par with what they’re doing more recently. Been using my current Vokeys for 4 seasons. 

IMG_2893.png

Below is what was recommended via the wedge selector tool. Currently I have been using a 48 degree Gap wedge as part of my PXG 0211 set, but I feel like a true wedge would be more beneficial with personalized bounce metrics. In my 54 and 58 degree wedges, I use Cleveland CBX wedges to match the cavity backs I have in my irons, but I am hoping to upgrade irons to more of a player's forged, such as Mizuno Pro 245s, to increase speed and workability as I feel like I have outgrown the game improvement irons. I also think a 60 degree would benefit so I don't have to open up the 58 degree as much, and have more appropriate gapping in my wedges. I had an off the rack Vokey and couldn't hit it well, but I have moved to graphite shafts and hit the CBX much better, so I would like to try wedges fit for my game and course conditions I play with lighter shafts--I would expect an improvement in my approach and short game with the current recommendations for sure! Good luck to all who entered!

Screenshot 2024-04-25 104950.png

This could not come at a better time!  I'm struggling mightily with my wedges these days and have lost a lot of trust in my feel around the greens!  Looking at something new would be awesome, and this would incentivize me to practice....A LOT!  Been swapping my vokeys and taylormade wedges back and forth this year, so it's time to settle on something...why not a fresh set of SM10s!

image.png.442f41d3d08a56eeaf843bf73eb31cf9.png

I currently use Volkey SM8’s, 50/54/58.  Wedge selection tool pretty much put me in the same models. 

Below are the recommended wedges from the Titleist tool versus what my fitting for my SM8’s were

YOUR RESULTS

Below are your recommended wedges

Personalize My Wedges

46.10 F

Learn More

50.08 F

Learn More

54.10 S

Learn more

58.14 K

Below are my current SM8 wedges

SM8 fitting selections 

50.12F

54. 14F

58.12D

Very similar.  

I have been playing titlest for almost 20 years. I would love to test the new SM10.  I have played Sm5, Sm8 and I have 56 as SM 9.  I was playing titlest wedges way before the SM's.  I would love to do a true honet test and provide very good feedback compared to previous versions.  Thanks for the opportunity.  

Rich

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Join our community call tonight at 4pm EST with Aaron Luttrell of Titleist Vokey! 

Have questions about Vokey wedges? Want to get an inside look about what goes on with Vokey and how they continue to push wedge technology?

Join us here: https://meet.google.com/zat-zbnx-kno at 4pm EST to find out more and have your questions answered!

50° Gap Wedge
F Grind - Bounce 12
The F grind is an all-purpose grind that is particularly suited for full shots and shots hit with a square face. Ideal for players who prefer a traditional wedge sole. The F grind is the most played sand wedge on the PGA Tour.

54° Sand Wedge
D Grind - Bounce 12
The D Grind is the player?s high bounce wedge. High measured bounce with the crescent shape of the M grind is ideal players with a steeper angle of attack who play with a variety of clubface positions.

58° Lob Wedge
D Grind - Bounce 12
The D Grind is the player?s high bounce wedge. High measured bounce with the crescent shape of the M grind is ideal players with a steeper angle of attack who play with a variety of clubface positions.

Having a hard time sharing off my computer my fitting results online, hopefully this works. Would love to try some fitted Vokeys for once. Good luck to everyone. 

I have been playing titlest for almost 20 years. I would love to test the new SM10.  I have played Sm5, Sm8 and I have 56 as SM 9.  I was playing titlest wedges way before the SM's.  I would love to do a true honet test and provide very good feedback compared to previous versions.  Thanks for the opportunity.  

Rich

Enable Accessibility

MENUTOGGLE NAVIGATION

WEDGE SELECTOR TOOL

GET CUSTOM FIT

YOUR RESULTS

Below are your recommended wedges

Personalize My Wedges

50.08 F

Learn More

54.10 S

Learn More

60.10 S

Learn More

Bob Vokey recommends 4°-6° of loft separation between wedges in order to create proper distance gaps, reducing the need to hit half wedge shots. This along with the information you have provided has combined to provide the recommendations above.

Share Your Results

THE LATEST FROM VOKEY, NOW DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX.

WEDGES

SM10 Wedges

Wedge Selector Tool

Groove Wear & Spin Performance

Hand Ground

Wedge Grinds

Wedge Bounce

Pitching Wedge

Gap Wedge

Sand Wedge

Lob Wedge

VOKEY SHOP

WedgeWorks

Customize Your Wedge

WedgeWorks Archive

Gear

Hats

Clothes

Accessories

VOKEY DESIGN

Who is Bob Vokey?

Who is Aaron Dill?

Bob Vokey Tour Experience

Canadian Golf Hall of Fame

Vokey Vocabulary

LEGAL

Accessibility Statement

Privacy Policy

CA: Your Privacy Rights

CA: Do Not Sell My Info

Terms And Contitions Of Use

Cookie Policy

Customer Service

Unsolicited Submissions

Supplier Citizenship

Corporate Social Responsibility

Terms And Conditions Of Sales

TAKE ME TO THE TOP

Although I currently have TM MG wedges, these are almost exactly the same grinds as I'm already using. I just ordered new irons (Ping i530), and I included the set matching gap wedge. I have avoided that in the past, but since I got much heavier shafts this time I want to see if it works. I would be interested to do a head-to-head with the Titleist.

Screenshot (28).png

I have a wedge fitting scheduled for May 6th, however this would be a such a crazy test selection. I have been desperate for new wedges.

Vokey.jpeg

This Test is now closed to further comments.