Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,012 signups
Equipment Type: irons
Vendor: PXG

Testers Wanted

TWFeature.jpg

MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to announce a new release testing opportunity from PXG. This is the first time PXG has ever participated in member testing, and there couldn't be a better product than their newly announced Gen 7 irons and Black Ops irons.

About PXG

It’s no surprise that PXG is a polarizing brand. Since their inception in 2013, they have been bold and, for some, brash. The evolution of PXG has been fascinating to follow as they transitioned from a boutique, high-priced, exclusive brand to a company offering a range of options with price points that will suit most, if not all, golfers.

PXG places significant focus on fitting, ensuring customers have the proper products to get the best performance from their game. This is evident with their various in-store fitting options (at PXG-specific or partner stores) and the option of over-the-phone fittings.

PXG also offers their PXG for Heroes program, which provides first looks, discounts, and more for active duty, veterans, first responders, and law enforcement personnel. It is a “Thank You” to all those who have served and is a core pillar of the brand.

0311P.jpg

The PXG Perception

As mentioned earlier, PXG is a polarizing brand. This was evident in the 2022 Brand Perception Survey done by MyGolfSpy, where results were varied. PXG ranked high with related words such as Modern, Premium, Engineering, and Innovation, while also ranking high with less positive keywords such as Hype, Follower, and Gimmick.

When brands are louder, there will be more people on each side of the fence, compared to those straddling it, which is why these results are not surprising.

This brings us to a key point: does it matter? If a product performs or outperforms what is in your bag, will it, or can it, change your perception? Could it make some of those negative associations fade away?

BlackOps.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are looking for six golfers to test, review, and keep a set of PXG Gen 7 irons or PXG Black Ops irons. We will be selecting three for each, and while we have no specifications or further details to share with you (those will be released soon), we are thrilled to provide this early opportunity to our members.

What is your brand bias towards PXG? Do you think it will make you the perfect tester?

Let us know!

0311XP.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to registered forum members in North America.
*Registration closes August 4.
*Testers will be announced August 6.

393 Comments

At First their Irons seemed a bit too industrial for my taste , Im a player that has confidence based on club looks . Over the Years look like they're making more modern style clubs heads . Everyone I've asked on the course seems to really enjoy them , I like like to try them again see if they out perform my mizunos . 

Good Luck Everyone , Great to see PXG in the Testing. 

Excited to see this one. Never meet anyone that plays PXG and I’ve always heard they aren’t worth the price. It’ll be interesting to see the results. 

PXG has played a large role in my Golf Outings the past 5 years. They have great outreach with the community and the people I have met there have always been great to me.

I got the pxg gen 5 irons last year and they are great. It would be an amazing opportunity to test the gen 7s or black ops irons and give the community feedback. 

I absolutely love my PXG 0411 driver and my 0211 irons, would like to compare with newer technology like, the gen 7 irons.

10 words or less was hard to do. My take is PXG is evolving. They went from super premium (way overhyped), status type brand, to a very gimmicky matketing (boom baby). However, recently, I really like their approach. It seems they are focusing on being different, innovative, and offering something for everyone. Their $100 dollar driver challenge was bold. Their tech makes sense, and not just buzzwords. I wouldnt have considered PXG anywhere in my bag 3 years ago and absolutely would now. My only negative I can say is just access. Its still hard to try them. Yes you can make appointments or fittings, but there is alot of pressure to buy, when honestly I just want to try and compare without a salesman’s influence.

This is a great opportunity for someone. I am glad that PXG is participating. I’ve used’s and still use PXG woods and hybrids. Getting to the point where I’m ready to get new irons so this will be a great chance to see how these perform no matter who gets the chance.

People who play them seem to love them.  I really appreciate what they do for us vets.  Especially for those of us that left the service with less than than when we entered.  Can they get me down to a single digit?  I'd love to find out. 

My interest in PXG is that they are constantly evolving their product. I.have never swung one, and was unsure if I would as no place near me has them as a demo.  I think this newest iteration brings a dynamic core into play, as they have removed the multiple weights from the bottom, and went to a single center weight. This can only mean they changed the inner core material used to balance the head.  I would choose Blackops, graphite shafts with the XP head, and finish wouldn't matter.  My thought process would be to compare them against the moderate entry level Stix perform series, which do not have any weights, and are a uniform head.

No way I get picked for this but might as well sign up. Would love to see how the new versions compare to my current ones. 

Man this is awesome! I’ve always been interested in PXG irons and would love to give them the rundown. I play a Black Ops driver and 3 Hybrid and have been happy thus far!

If I ever wanted to test a product this one I am really excited about. I have a pxg driver, 0811, that I love and I am now thinking of replacing my mizuno JPX 919 forged irons. To be fit for them is also good as I (at 70+yrs) am getting down to the age old average of “7i-150” stats. Forgiving is always good but I also need a low kick point shaft as my ball flight as my irons get longer is lower than days gone by. Great opportunity for pxg also because as you can see in my stats . Driver is my strong point, approach is my weak point. Let’s do it PXG!

This is an interesting opportunity. I have no experience to draw from with PXG clubs and would love to give them a try.

Look, I'm no golf expert and my handicap will attest to that, but I don't need TV commercials to scream at me and remind me how much I suck at this game. Are they beautiful clubs? Yes! Do I agree with their Marketing plan? Not really. But hey, prove us wrong!

My Google-Foo probably stinks, but can anyone enlighten me on the general characteristics of the clubs?  Are they players distance or game improvement, etc.?  I can’t find anything out about them.

thanks

Happy to throw my hat in the ring as a tester. I bought a Gen4 driver and 3 wood a few years ago, my first big golf purchases after starting to play more for the first time in 15 years or so. They served me well but have since been replaced after more time spent on my game yielded some swing changes. Also I think I tinkered the driver to death, likely to my own detriment. I currently game a set of JPX 923 hotmetals. I really like them after going through a golf galaxy fitting, but would love to test them against PXG's latest.

Regarding PXG as a brand, I've never had a problem with them, but have certainly come across others that do. I think some of the irons they've produced over the last few years are among the best looking out there. Having said that, looks and brand perception both take a back seat to performance. If it looks funny but makes the ball do what it's supposed to, it's in the bag. Similarly, the brand would have to be responsible for some truly gross behavior for that to keep a great performing piece of equipment out of my bag. As far as I know PXG's big crime is annoying people who leave their TV volume too loud, so bring 'em on!

I'm waiting for a Black Ops tour 1  9⁰ driver with a Ventus black 7x. These would have been so good, but I am not North American! C'est la vie.

I got fitted for a Ping G430lst 8⁰, but wasn't convinced of the strike. So I went to PXG fitting in Harrogate,  UK, and hit bomb after bomb! Can't wait to get it!

I have to admit I checked their pro endorsements first, I figure Gary Player doesn't mess about with clubs he's not sure of! I think the Driver and its cover look awesome! 

This Test is now closed to further comments.