Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,948 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: Callaway

OpusTWAll.jpg

Callaway has launched the Opus and Opus Platinum wedges with advanced SPIN-GEN face technology and refined designs. We are searching for four golfers to test, review and keep these innovative wedges.

About the Callaway Opus line

Callaway says the new Opus and Opus Platinum wedges feature SPIN-GEN face technology, a refined groove package and enhanced surface roughness for improved control and spin. The Opus Platinum model includes MIM construction and bonded tungsten weighting, offering optimized trajectory and consistency. These wedges come in multiple grinds to cater to diverse playing styles and promise significant performance enhancements.

OpusFTW.jpg

Opus and Opus Platinum options

Opus

Available in W, S, C and T grinds

Loft options from 46*-60*

Three finish options: Brushed Chrome, Black Shadow, Raw

Opus Platinum

Available in S and Z grinds

Loft options from 54*-60*

Platinum Chrome and Platinum Blue finishes

Dynamic Gold MID Gunmetal Shaft as stock

Both feature an offset groove-in-groove technology for 54*-60* options.

The testing opportunity

We are looking for four golfers to test and review the Opus wedges. Testers will receive two wedges with different lofts but in the same model. Both Opus and Opus Platinum will be made available for this opportunity. 

Callaway claims significant performance enhancements with these new wedges and we want to see how they perform in the hands of our members and everyday golfers.

OpusTW3.jpg

• Must be a registered Forum member to be selected. 
  • Only open to members in North America. 
  • Registration closes Aug 14.
  • Testers will be announced on the Forum Aug 20.

397 Comments

Can't seem to find a place that I can pre-configure the Opus Platinum, so no screenshot for me.  But I'd go with the:

Opus Platinum Blue
54-10, Z grind
58-10, Z grind

While I've liked my Edison 1.0 wedges, I don't think I'm getting the most consistency out of hitting them.  So would love to replace them with these beauties and report on the differences!

Wow! I really like the look of that Opus Platinum Blue color scheme, not to mention the overall look of the club coupled with a lower launch provided by the tungsten weight. Dream set posted. 

Screenshot_20240809-113502.png

Screenshot_20240809-113433.png

If I were to truly build my "dream" set, it would be around a set I am already familiar with in the CBX wedges. I absolutely LOVE my 46-degree CBX but would love to upgrade the rest of my wedges with the CBX2 full face line in a 53 and 58 degree with SteelFiber shafts and the ol' reliable Winn Dri-Tac's. One of the deterrents for me and the Opus wedges would be not having the full-face grooves, but if it does what I would need them to do with that now offset pattern with the more aggressive grooving, then all could be forgiven. The Platinum Blue line also seems interesting as I would love something to help me keep the ball flight down a bit more since I tend to hit the ball hella high on approaches. That platinum blue IS pretty slick, and would fit my wild aesthetic 🤪

Wedges.jpg.d9842ca2ef6394ed6d4ab4436b1e98cf.jpg

Would love to try these out. I'm still able to get a surprising amount of spin on my SM6 wedges but they desperately need a refresh. I'd be adding in a 50° to finish out the set but these are the two I'd like to test out. 

20240808_090449.jpg

I would love the chance to test these. Currently use a cheap set and very interested if a high quality wedge would improve my game. Just can’t afford to buy them. Would love a 50,54,58. 

I've always been a Vokey user, but I am open to trying something different. Callaway hasn't been on my list of wedges to try, but after looking at the specs they are something that I would definitely try.

Couldn't figure out Callaway's website to get these added to cart ahead of 8/9 presale, but 2nd swing had me covered!  Love those dark finishes, just a little disappointed the lower lofts aren't offered for Platinum...(that blue finish is SEXY)

image.png.4625ffe1597da7100cc4a09fdc99aede.png

image.png.95aeb6e9948f04f5318033419d774ec0.png

image.png.c2167178b52d295c834d6dcc44ebce4c.png

These wedges look great and would love to try them.  My wedge play is one of my strengths and I'm always trying out new wedges.  Love the spin on the TM MG4 wedge that came out last year.  

Here is what I'd like to try:

image.png.ae7ac994473e518c7311841f9c48e44c.png

Wow!  Another great test opportunity.  My 56-10S Vokey SM6 has been my absolute workhorse around the greens.  I have a very old Lob wedge in the bag that basically goes along for the ride.  It'd be great to have more versatility and options with my shots when I need to get up-and-down.

image.png.13fe1b9e6972a2f5b86e1eda69d8857f.png

Very few things in the golfing world excite me more than "blue satin" wedges. 

I would take them in any combination (50-24-58 or 52-56-60) in this AWESOME new color.

image.png.8ac85274e1880ab7270e7318da08f463.png

What a great testing opportunity!  I know most of us by now are ready to replace our wedges.

Dream set:

Opus Black Shadow w/ gunmetal steel shafts; golfpride tour velvet 360

52*-10*b S

56*-12*b S

60*-12*b W

image.png.19388d0dfe2b4fcbb89dc643b69eeca2.png

This Test is now closed to further comments.