Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,002 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: PXG

TW_PXGAllan.jpg

Introduction
PXG’s Allan Putter introduces innovative technology aimed at helping golfers achieve greater stability and control on the greens. Featuring Zero Torque Balance Technology, the putter is designed to minimize face twisting during the stroke, helping to keep the putter face square at impact. This technology is beneficial for all stroke types, making it versatile for golfers of varying skill levels. The putter also boasts an S-hosel design for enhanced balance, a Pyramid Face Pattern to improve roll consistency, and a convenient Pick Up Pocket for easy ball retrieval on the green.

Key Features:

• Zero Torque Balance Technology: Reduces the twisting of the putter face during the stroke, promoting more consistent, square impacts.
  • S-hosel Design: Aligns the shaft above the center of gravity, further enhancing stability and reducing the tendency for the putter face to open or close during the stroke.
  • Pyramid Face Pattern: A uniquely milled face pattern designed to improve the interaction between the putter and the ball, providing better distance control and a smoother roll.
  • Pick Up Pocket: A thoughtful design feature that allows golfers to pick up the ball easily without bending over.

PXGAllan1.jpg

What You’ll Be Testing
We’re looking for golfers to test and review the PXG Allan Putter, focusing on its performance and the effectiveness of its key technologies. Does the Zero Torque Balance Technology really help keep the face square? How does the S-hosel design influence your putting stroke? Testers will put these claims to the test, providing detailed feedback on everything from the feel of the putter to the ease of use of the Pick Up Pocket. Your insights will be crucial in helping the MyGolfSpy community understand whether this putter can make a real difference on the green.

Apply Today!

PXGAllan2.jpg

• Open to all registered forum members worldwide.
  • Registration opens Aug. 31 and closes Sept. 6.
  • Selected testers will be announced on the Forum on Sept. 10.

This is your chance to see if the PXG Allan Putter truly elevates your putting game, delivering on its promises of increased stability, control, and convenience on the greens!

287 Comments

I have been using blade putters primarily but I would like to try a mallet style. I recently got the odyssey tri hot 5k 22 three putter because it was a blade that performed more like a mallet, Id like to see how this PXG stacks against it. 

I'd love the opportunity to test this! I currently have PXG's battle ready blackbird putter which I adore and I'd be curious to see if this putter could really out perform it!

Would love to be part of the testing group. Owned my Ping putter for over 15 years, but I'm definitely ready for a change.  Women golfers are always looking for a way to improve our short game and putting skills.  I know I would be able to offer a perspective that would help achieve that goal! 

LOL, I need this putter.  Plus, I've tried every putter out and I'm still a horrible putter!! If this putter works for me, then it will work for every golfer in the world. lol

Always found PXG clubs to be very sharp looking. I've used some of my buddies clubs in the past and have been impressed by their quality. Being a retired Marine, I'm a big fan of how they support the military. I've always wanted to try out this putter though. Would be awesome to be a tester for this and compare it to some of the big boys in the milled putter market today.

On 8/31/2024 at 3:58 PM, Rbgreene04 said:

I did their online fitting and was very surprised that they suggested a 65° lie angle. I felt that was very flat but never purchase or tried to confirm in person. What do you think the reason was for the difference online vs in person?

I would say a combination of my own and their issues. I admittedly was using a putter in the video that I know was not specd properly, and originally tried to compensate for that in my submission . I got a response asking for a second video and adjusting my setup. The setup they requested also is not what I would call natural, so I’m sure that played a part as well. I know of several people who have had no issues with the online fit. I just was unfortunately one of the ones that was not ideal, and like anything else in the world, that happens sometimes. 

I am going to try one next Thursday, Sept. 12 at the PXG store in S Diego.  I also just viewed the LAB video where he compares his Revealer to the PXG tool. And to the Allan.   While I saw some spin of the PXG Allan,  I wonder:  1.  if any "Revealer" of different length will yield different results.  2.  how much spin is insignificant,  The amount of spin of the Allan was a lot less on the LAB revealer than other putters he demos on his Revealer.  And since a human arm length varies, our shoulder width varies, etc etc  it is hard even when fitted to deliver zero torque when we swing a club.  Our forearm muscles are made to turn the wrist with very slight movement.  Then I do plan to try a LAB in person fit with a fitter here, in October probably. 

As a former fitter for PXG.. who has been unable to replace only his putter from his sets of clubs he received during employment.. I would give it a go for sure.

This Test is now closed to further comments.