Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,233 signups
Equipment Type: Tech
Vendor: Garmin

Testers Wanted: Garmin Approach S70

image.png

It is commonplace now for golfers to have some sort of GPS or Shot tracking system while on the course. There are a lot of options available as well. From apps to enhanced rangefinders to clips and of course watches. 

All have their own unique potential benefits and potential drawbacks, but the Garmin Approach S70 aims to narrow that being a premium GPS Golf Smartwatch which you can use not only on the course, but in your day to day life as well. 

The Garmin Approach S70 has a variety of features including: Bright 1.4-inch amoled touch display, pre-installed with 43,000 golf courses worldwide, optimized playslike distance, an improved virtual caddie including green contour data as well as a variety of health and fitness features. 

Available in two sizes and three different colors there is an option that should suit any golfer. Claiming to have an impressive battery life that lasts up to 14 days in smartwatch mode and up to 15 hours in GPS mode. It also claims to be waterproof for those who like to play in the rain and has a 5 ATM water resistance rating. 

On the surface there is a lot to like about the Garmin Approach S70 as it will seemingly do it all both on and off the course, which is where you come in. MyGolfSpy is looking for 4 golfers who will test, review and keep the Garmin Approach S70. 

MCE-7760_20230329_Support_ROD_1868_RGB.jpg

This testing opportunity is open to golfers in the US & Canada! It also works for both left and right handed golfers!

Interested in testing and telling us what you think about all the features of the Garmin Approach S70? Sign up before it is too late! 

This testing opportunity will close August 2nd and we will announce the selected testers August 8th on the MyGolfSpy Forum.

343 Comments

I would be thrilled to test it out. I have been strongly considering a Garmin for this reason. I know they provide a ton of value but want to give a fair and unbiased opinion 

I am currently daily wearing a 41mm Series 5 Nike Apple Watch and consistently use 18Birdies, Grint, Hole19 or the GHIN app for GPS and shot tracking. My challenge is the battery is dying more times than not before I even finish a round. I am at a point where I'd like to upgrade either to a new Apple Watch or a Garmin watch. I am dialed completely into the Apple Ecosystem and have used it for many years, since the first Apple Watch came out at least. Living in Kansas City, Garmin's products have heavily appealed to me, but I have never made the jump. Getting to test a product for my specific use cases and to be able to relay my experience to others would be a really unique experience.

I use GPS by the way of the Garmin Epix Gen 2 and rangefinder by Nikon Coolshot 50i. I have previously used Arccos and Shot Scope but moved to Garmin to have one watch to do it all. The S70 looks to have more features and a better screen than I, and would love to be selected as a tester to provide you and all your followers including myself real-world feedback. My home course is the Medal of Honor Golf Course on the Marine Corps Base Quantico, VA. Thanks mygolfspy for all y'all do for the golf community! ⛳

I would definitely want to test and give a review on this. I have tried several and returned them (Not This Brand) one was a gift and one I purchased from Costco. Both were not worth the trouble and the function was not user friendly. After taking some time off to heal from major surgery I have been walking several rounds a week to get back in shape. Retired now I have plenty of time and play in afternoon rains as well. Lets see how it hold up.

I was one of the applicant's that put other as current shot tracking. I use Arccos on my phone to track my club use and distances, but I much prefer to wear a Garmin watch for yardages, and score tracking. I've had two Garmin watches over the years: an Approach S6 and a Vivoactive 4S. I didn't think I needed a dedicated golf watch, so went to the lifestyle watch that had the majority of golf features I used. Pros and cons to both approaches, but would certainly like to test out a modern Garmin Approach to see if the value proposition is now there.   

I've never used one of these but would be interested in testing one. I am in my 60's and a 9 handicap and play 130+ rounds per year. It would make it easier than carrying a range finder out to my ball when it's cart path only. Also, it would eliminate the possibilty of forgetting it in the fairway or around the green or losing it.

I have only used a rangefinder so far. A few of my friends like using a GPS cause it can be faster than shooting distance, so I am interested in possibly getting a GPS.

On 7/27/2023 at 6:42 AM, Coulter said:

I would LOVE the opportunity to give this a try! I currently have a garmin s10 and can’t convince the wife to let me spend the money for a more advanced device. Good luck to the ones selected and I’m very interested to see you reviews.

Disregard my last post. I currently use a GPS & A range finder (Mostly for approach shots). I would love to try the dedicated golf watch to compare.

Thanks, Steve

Currently use the Garmin S20 GPS, which needs a new wristband, in conjuction with GolfLogix or Igolf golf apps.  It appears the S70 combines the two.  That would be very helpful.  It's been a tough year, so far.  I can't hold the lazers still and would be pleased to be able to test the S70.  I play league and tournaments 3 times a week plus additional pre-plays.  I play by USGA rules so my scores are a little higher than most.  Thank you for considering me to complete this test.

New tech is awesome! I currently wear a Samsung 44mm galaxy watch. I used to wear Garmin Vivoactive 4 loyally, but the Samsung had upgraded features not available(at the time). I use the Golfshot app on my watch currently. I would love to test a watch from Garmin that is comparable to my Galaxy with the color AMOLED screen, and Garmin's AWESOME GPS software. The new "playslike" distance option sounds exciting!!! 

Can't wait to try it out(even if I'm not chosen to test it)!!!

As someone who has only ever used an app on a smartphone, a dedicated device would be pretty rad. I'd love to test one and see how much better it is over apps like 18 Birdies or Golfshot.

Love the chance to test, heavily invested in the Garmin ecosystem.

Currently using vivoactive 4 paired with a full set of the Garmin ct 10 sensors on my clubs, and use the Garmin truswing while on the range. 

Really enjoy the combo of sensors and watch.

Currently using Garmin Vivo Active3+music, Bushnell Range Finder and Arccos. Like the Garmin & can listen to music at the same time but would love a few more golf specific features. Would like to test it. Cheers

It would be interesting to see how helpful and accurate all the different features would be on my home course as well as the other local courses I play routinely.  Hopefully my wife wouldn't mind me playing more - all in the name of research of course. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.