Unofficial Odyssey White Hot Versa (Double Wide)

IAGolfDad

I recently upgraded to an Odyssey White Hot Versa Double Wide. I had been playing an older Odyssey White Steel #2 Blade or a used TaylorMade Spider Tour mallet. Wasnt until recently I found myself missing putts and not feeling confident on the greens. Proceeded to research putters, balance/toe hang, putter strokes, hosels, shafts, etc (to which I have found a new found passion for clubs and specs). I found I am a straight back and straight through putt stroke which was polar opposite of the putters I had, wrong hosel wrong toe hang. Went to GG and tried a various number of putters, mallet and blade. I wasnt completely focused on getting an Ody but was leaning that direction. I tried the following:

• Odyssey Tri Hot
  • Cleveland Huntington Beach
  • Odyssey White Hot Versa
  • Odyssey Eleven
  • TaylorMade TP HydroBlast Del Monte 7
  • TaylorMade Spider GT
  • Bettinardi Queen B

I prefer a soft smooth feel off the face on my putters vs the audible feedback. Overall I that drew me to the Ody inserts in the Tri Hots and Versas. Some of the mallets felt rather large and blades too narrow. Enter the double wide, LOVED the look of it overtop and when lining up a putt. Has a small but just big enough alignment and the white stripe between the front and back of the putter is *chefs kiss* perfect. I think I sunk 14/15 from 4 ft and was sold. Feel, look, everything was great.

Practiced with it the next week on my PuttOut mat and PuttOut trainer and was dialed in. I hadnt ever felt this confident with a putter in my hand. Took it out for a quick 9 a few days later and saw a considerable difference in my putting. First hole I was left with a long 15-20 ft birdie putt, missed it just short by about 6 inches for a tap in. Already was feeling good as normally Id either leave it considerably short or way left. Hole 2 I had a terrible shot off the tee and a terrible second shot. My third at least got me on the green but again was left with a 15 ft par putt, but this time I drained it. Throughout the rest of the round I really felt like putting is now where I can shave a few strokes off. I went on to tie my best ever 9 hole score of 39.

I like the weight of the putter a lot, I left the 30g (2 15g) inserts in. Not sure if I want to go heavier or not but definitely dont want to take away weight. I like the change they introduced in the stroke lab multi material shaft, shortening the steel section to make it lighter and emphasizing the weight in the head. Overall very happy and very impressed so far with the Versa. Gives me great control on the greens. Best purchase for my golf game.

Edited by IAGolfDad
Additional thought

:Ogio: 2020 Convoy SE Cart Bag
:callaway-small: Mavrik Driver, 3W, 4H
:PXG: 0311 P Gen 2 5-PW
:callaway-small: MD3 S Grind 54, 58
:odyssey-small: White Hot Versa Double Wide
Maxfli Tour X Ball

• 4 weeks later...