Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,588 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: TaylorMade

Testers Wanted!

TMTP5Feature.jpg

It seems to be the year of new golf balls! We are certainly not complaining, though. With a few other major brands already putting up their new golf balls for member testing, we now have the opportunity to get the new TaylorMade TP5 and TP5X in the hands of our testers to see how they really perform.

What’s changed?

TaylorMade has completely revamped both their TP5  and TP5X models with a significant investment to the tune of $100 million for golf ball-related business. This investment went into several key areas, which included buying the Nassau ball plant in South Korea and huge investments in their golf ball R&D. Over the last three years, TaylorMade has built a new state-of-the-art indoor test range and completely remade its outdoor test area with Trackman units to capture performance data for every stage of ball flight.

As for the golf balls themselves, the TP5  and TP5X now have what TaylorMade calls “Speed-Wrap.” This is a new technology that TaylorMade claims produces “significantly faster with a better feel and a softer feel.” This is done by allowing the material to control the sound without affecting speed. As sound often directly relates to feel, the new TP5 and TP5X can be firmer golf balls without feeling or sounding firm.

Finally, the initial three layers are now progressively firmer, allowing them to “truly perform like completely different products.”

The bottom line is TaylorMade feels they have really upped their standards with their new golf ball lineup and want to make significant gains in the ever-competitive golf ball market. Being a distant third in market share to Callaway and the far-and-away leader Titleist, TaylorMade hopes the new TP5 and TPX will be their launchpad to further success.

TM-TP5-LINE.jpg

Want To Be A Tester?

We need six testers to test, review, and keep the new TP5 or TP5X golf ball. Each selected tester will receive two dozen golf balls for their review.

*This test is open to all golfers worldwide.

*Registration closes March. 1

*Testers will be announced on the Forum March. 5

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected!

TM-TP5-CUT.jpg

179 Comments

Already wanting to thoroughly test the TP5 out this just gives me the opportunity to be able to give my opinion to others as well. Can't wait to see if I can have the opportunity to become one of the testers for these TaylorMade balls.

17 hours ago, Clayton said:

Bor du i Sverige? Jag spelar nära Umeå på sommaren. Sorry my Swedish is so terrible. We were in Norway for a long time but our family lives in Umea and Stockholm. I'll be there for a few weeks July/August this summer. Sad I never made it to Falsterbo or Vestby when we lived over there.

Hej! Yes I live in sweden! but long way from Umeå haha, it´s a long country! Never played anything up north or in Norway yet! hopefully can try it out in the future! Have you played alot in Umeå? Stockholm have some really nice courses tho! Drottningholm is really nice and Riksten is for me a golden gem in stockholm!

Anxious to play these.  I see good reviews so far and big changes, but someone i follow on INstagram cut open a box of the new TP5x's and they had core issues...COuld be a one off, but not what you want to see after Taylormade touts their 100MM improvements.

Thoughts?

Now that my handicap has dropped to 12 I am looking for a better ball to play and continue to improve my game. This is one of the balls in consideration for the season so it would be awesome to be selected as a tester. 

Good luck to everyone. Have been seeing some post on certain sports entertainment companies social media saying they picked up 17 yards from the previous version (I believe they are partnered with TM). Seems wild to me but can't want to see what the testers say. 

1 minute ago, 88ShadesofGray said:

Received a 4 pack from Golf Galaxy / Dicks and just from using on my practice putting mat, excited to try them out on the course! The softness compared to my Vice pro zeros blows my mind off the putter!

Are they a soft ball?  that's what I like. And if they can also give me more yardage then they are a home run.  Oftentimes I see a harder ball gives more distance, but not keen on that.

19 minutes ago, GolferDad66 said:

Are they a soft ball?  that's what I like. And if they can also give me more yardage then they are a home run.  Oftentimes I see a harder ball gives more distance, but not keen on that.

I would say so. I just got fitted earlier this month for my new irons through Taylormade and the recommendation was for the regular TP5. That’s why I grabbed them from the Golf Galaxy offer. It’s marketed as the softest five layer tour ball. Looking forward to getting them on a course to see if I notice the softness with clubs other than my putter. 

3 hours ago, Hampus Anderberg said:

Hej! Yes I live in sweden! but long way from Umeå haha, it´s a long country! Never played anything up north or in Norway yet! hopefully can try it out in the future! Have you played alot in Umeå? Stockholm have some really nice courses tho! Drottningholm is really nice and Riksten is for me a golden gem in stockholm!

I've played mostly in Norway but also Öland links (one of only 2 true links courses in Sweden) and that was so much fun. But yes, mostly up north at Sörfors and also one called Norrmjöle. I much prefer Sörfors which funny story is north of town while the north one is south of town. Since this is a ball testing thread - I was fortunate enough to do a Titleist ball test 3-4 years ago and did most of it there in Umeå. I would like to play Stockholm but the guest fees are very high near to the big city so I have skipped it for now. There was a No Laying Up episode where they played this small club there with hickory clubs. I'd like to do that.

51 minutes ago, GolferDad66 said:

Being a 5 layer ball they do have a more clicky sound does that pertain to being a firmer ball I don't know what's soft to one may be hard to another. I guess what ball is currently being played and then it could probably be determined yes or no on whether it is more firm or soft.

Well they say they’ve increased distance with the new model, it’s always interesting to see whether any of that translates to your personal golf game and whether there’s any noticeable feel difference from previous models.

Very interested in the new TP5/TP5x as my current gamer has hit a brick wall of sorts for me. It performs well but find it balloons too much. 

Looking to get into the "Tour Level" balls and hoping this line is the right one for me after trying a few of it's counterparts. 

Back in my younger days(single digit capper) I fell in love with the TM Lethal - that ball was perfect, hoping to find the same love in the new offerings by TM.

Interesting to see potential development from previous versions. I am not well-versed with the tp5 range and don't think I would be a suitable tester but looking forward to seeing if the testers manage to notice any significant changes.

So good luck to all candidates and I am looking forward to reading the review!

On 2/24/2024 at 12:36 AM, Dan P said:

Incredible! Super excited to see if the big claims from Taylormade hold up under scrutiny.

I also can't believe how many testing opportunities there have been so far in 2024. Keep it 

This Test is now closed to further comments.