Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,515 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Clubs
Vendor: Takomo

Testers Wanted!

1.jpg

Many direct-to-consumer brands are praised for their irons and the value they can bring to those looking to spend a little less while still getting a high-performance product. The long game clubs, on the other hand, are often overlooked. Still aiming to provide superior performance but for a lesser price, this is where we want to see where the Takomo golf clubs stack up.

About Takomo

A Finnish company, Takomo, has made splashes by signing various golf influencers recently, significantly boosting their profile. They are a direct-to-consumer brand that offers a variety of golf clubs at competitive prices. In 2023, our Forum Members reviewed their iron series with high praise for their performance, adding that their simplistic but generally pleasing aesthetic appeals to many golfers. Since then, Takomo has ventured into the long game clubs, releasing UDIs, hybrids, fairways, and drivers, all with similar claims of being able to compete with the best of the best.

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep their choice of two Takomo long game clubs. The included golf clubs for this test will be the UDI and fairways offered from Takomo. We want to know how these golf clubs perform and how they stack up against others with significantly higher retail prices. We want the selected testers to review the on-course performance, get data on how they compare to the clubs currently in their bag, and ultimately tell us if these will make their bag long term.

4.jpg

Do you want to be a tester for the Takomo long game clubs?

*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum Members worldwide.
*Registration closes May 7
*Testers announced on the Forum May 14
*RH Only

227 Comments

Have been looking at getting a driving iron for a few months, been looking at the 101u.  Would love to test it out! 

Heard a lot about this brand and would love to test.  I have played Sub 70 and currently game New Level irons.  Big fan of the dtc companies.  Thanks for considering,

Phil

I always see this on Instagram whether it’s a sponsored ad that comes up in my feed or someone playing with them saying how underrated they are. They look like they have a very nice finish to look down at. 

3 hours ago, Redizz said:

Isn't Wesley Bryan playing Takomo clubs now? I'm in the market for a new UDI. I'd love to see how it compares to my old Mizuno UDI

Yes, I believe he is

I'd love to see how these stack up against my current UDI and fairway wood. Titliest TSR2+ and ping icrossover are two pretty popular ones so I think that would be pretty useful. 

Very interested in this… so many quality DTC brands out there putting pressure on large brands to be priced more competitively. Hope it continues!

It'd be nice to get my hands on a driver that could give me a few extra yards without sacrificing the fairway.  

7 minutes ago, Casual_Golf said:

Is it possible for a lefty to become a tester?

Not for this test unfortunately but we do have plenty of upcoming opportunities for lefties so stay tuned. 

Would love to test these out. I have been looking at Takomo for a while now and maybe the next set I buy when I complete my bachelor's degree. I will say if selected I would let my group try them out during our next round of league play. We are always looking at the next thing to elevate our game. 

I am very interested in the udi love my 3 iron but would like to fine a 2 iron with great feel. Alway up for testing new drivers I have a ts3 and love the feel, be interesting to compare the two of them

Great looking clubs. Have heard about Takomo for a while and haven’t bit the bullet yet. I want to put a UDI in the bag, specifically a 2 or 3 iron. Also interested in comparing the fairway woods to my existing Rogue ST 3 wood.

Playing to a 16 HC right now and anything that could consistently get me close on Par 5s or long Par 3s would be a welcome addition. 

Pretty cool test.  Early adopter of Sub70 irons and currently us the 18 degree utility.  Also have a Rapsodo ml2pro launch monitor for range testing. 

Thanks

The utility irons look great!  I have been looking to replace my hybrid and can’t decide on the 3 or 4 for appropriate gapping plus they are on back order.

Very curious to see how these compare to big brand clubs?  Love the look of them, would love to try them, but not crazy impressed with their shaft selections?  

13 minutes ago, MGS-Forum-Mod said:

Hello Funkygolfworld,

Welcome to MyGolfSpy Forum. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others.

We would recommend a quick glance at the FAQ to get familiar with the site and then check out the most recent content to see where the activity might be right now.

Interested in testing? Find out how we select our testers HERE!! You can also find any current test opportunities HERE.

I will give you a few quick tips to get you started if you want to be a tester!

• - Make sure you have a Profile Photo! (FAQ has a guide)
  • - Get involved in the community! Make a WIYB, find a thread that interests you and make a post or two to get started. 
  • - Complete your profile (75% is considered complete, as anything left blank or skipped results in 25% missing - to avoid this put NA or NONE in the spaces you not completed)
  • - Stay involved! We work very hard to select new testers for each test, so if you miss out on the first one, keep up the activity and maybe the next time you will be!

*Added bonus if you follow us on Instagram & Twitter, but not required!

If you want to make your first post there are two excellent threads for this - One is The Good Morning Thread with good vibes, coffee talk and general discussion. Second is The First Post Thread - created just for you so you can get started on your posting journey! Welcome to all the first time posters in our community!

Finally if you have a question that isn't in the FAQ or elsewhere go to the MGS Forum Staff Page and send us any of us a private message there!

We're glad to have you!

MyGolfSpy Forum

I'd love to test the driving irons with my launch monitor and simulator vs my current Ping G410 4I and 2019 Callaway Big Bertha 3H. I'm working on my long iron game and working to consistently break 90. 

I have been wanting to pull the trigger on the #2 101U to put a stinger option of the tee in the bag, but they're always backordered. The 5 wood could also be an option. I bought the 201's shortly after they became available and they have not left my bag. Would love to see how their woods and utility irons perform.

I am looking to test the takomo Driving iron vs my stealth plus 5 wood, tee shots, fairways and rough. I've been following the takomo clubs for awhile and would love to be selected

My bag needs the Takomo UDI! I've been searching for the right fit and I believe this is it! 

This Test is now closed to further comments.