Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,515 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Clubs
Vendor: Takomo

Testers Wanted!

1.jpg

Many direct-to-consumer brands are praised for their irons and the value they can bring to those looking to spend a little less while still getting a high-performance product. The long game clubs, on the other hand, are often overlooked. Still aiming to provide superior performance but for a lesser price, this is where we want to see where the Takomo golf clubs stack up.

About Takomo

A Finnish company, Takomo, has made splashes by signing various golf influencers recently, significantly boosting their profile. They are a direct-to-consumer brand that offers a variety of golf clubs at competitive prices. In 2023, our Forum Members reviewed their iron series with high praise for their performance, adding that their simplistic but generally pleasing aesthetic appeals to many golfers. Since then, Takomo has ventured into the long game clubs, releasing UDIs, hybrids, fairways, and drivers, all with similar claims of being able to compete with the best of the best.

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep their choice of two Takomo long game clubs. The included golf clubs for this test will be the UDI and fairways offered from Takomo. We want to know how these golf clubs perform and how they stack up against others with significantly higher retail prices. We want the selected testers to review the on-course performance, get data on how they compare to the clubs currently in their bag, and ultimately tell us if these will make their bag long term.

4.jpg

Do you want to be a tester for the Takomo long game clubs?

*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum Members worldwide.
*Registration closes May 7
*Testers announced on the Forum May 14
*RH Only

227 Comments

As someone who loves my 5 iron (used to have a 4 iron I loved) and my 3 wood this sounds like a very fun test. Looking forward to seeing who gets picked and the results! 

Wanting new irons and haven't found any worth buying (price vs improvement over current ). If these perform well could be a serious consideration. Good luck to all!!

Love this! Another great pickup from those in charge - big fan of what Takomo are doing and came close to getting their wedges recently. Will be very interested in this one and best of luck to all!

Good luck everyone! Very interested to see how these perform compared to big box brands. I’ve heard fantastic things about their standard irons.

I’ve been in the market for a driving iron and different long distance clubs (hybrids, woods) and would love to test out these clubs! I have access to almost any club to compare along with access to a trackman. As a former college golfer and gearhead I love comparing and analyzing numbers without the bias of brand name.

I decided to try the Takomo 101T irons last year and have been really impressed. Just changed the grips on the irons and was looking at the Driving / Utility Iron and Fairway woods. My long clubs are Callaway 3, 5 and Driver (Mavrik line). Very curious about the adjustability of these fairway woods and practical / ease of use for the driving (utility) iron. Looking forward to reading this review for guidance on an upgrade.

Once again, another reason to support MGS and help the community. Great opportunities to really test equipment we are all wanting to know about.

Thanks! ⛳

I used to love 1986 Ben Hogan Apex square groove 2 iron. Now my bag starts with 4 iron. I would love to see if I can still hit 2 iron at age 70.

Game On.. Cheers!

As a Takomo Tester from last year, these perform. Period. Don’t turn your nose up at Takomo for their lack of name recognition. They make a quality product. 

chosen testers will not be disappointed!

This sounds great especially since i only use a 5 and 7 wood from the fairway for distance!

I've been following Takoma for the past 6+ months or so.  I almost pulled the trigger on their irons.

I have an extended length 4-iron I often use off the tee, I call it "Magic" because it's a fairway finder that's long and accurate for me.

Would love to see how the Takoma irons stack up!  Haven't seen much info on their driver, but would love a crack at it!

-- Peejer

I just signed up, I am not super long off the tee anymore, auto accident shoulder injury. I make up all my ground with my irons and putter. Hope I get picked!

I would love to test their irons, Driver and fairway woods. I currently use a Callaway Big Bertha 8.5 deg loft and a Cobra as drivers, a ping 3 wood and a Ping 1 iron and 3 iron down to 9 iron. I love these clubs but would also like to try something different to put it up against them. I also have Callaway irons but do prefer the ping as to me they have more feel and I feel I am more consistent with them. Will watch and read with great anticipation to the comments. Good luck to everyone who enters. 

Looking forward to the results of this test. This is my second year with the Takomo 101t irons and I am digging them. Since the longer club options came out after I purchased the irons, I am really curious to see their real world results. I am also not a great fan of hybrids, though I have tried to like them. Long irons and fairways suit my eye and my feels better so as long as I have the swing speed to hit a longer iron, I am going to find a utility iron for my bag. 

This would be awesome been looking into these clubs for awhile and would love to test some of them out before making a purchase! Good luck to everyone who entered!

Would love to test a couple of the clubs. Ive been looking for a new driver and fairway wood to test. Would love to check these out! 

I'm already rocking their irons, would love the opportunity to test out their other sticks too! 

Thank you, I appreciate the consideration! 

Fantastic opportunity!! Have been wanting to put a driving iron/utility iron back in the bag for a while to complement my hybrids on drier days. 

I have been looking at a utility iron so I would love to test these. I'm impressed with what the brand has been doing as a whole. Seems like a very forward looking company.

I've talked myself into and out of buying Takomo's all of last year. It's so hard to spend money when you can't try it out. My buddy ordered the 101's and loves them. He gets the ball up really well. 

These clubs look great and every thing I’ve checked out about the clubs is that they perform outstanding! Would love to take them for a test drive!

I would love to test these clubs.  I have already tons of other club data from over 6 years of having tags on my clubs wit Shot Scope.  I have used Callaway XR15Pro, Taylor Made Slider, PXG 341XF and PXG 341X+P.  I have 3 woods, 5wood, hybrids 

also Callaway Irons XR15,PXG 0211 and PXG Gen4 0341.

i love to improve my came and always looking for what could be better out there.  I am presently a 17 Handicap, was a 14 very recently, but had back problem that is resolved .  I am very honest in my reviews of clubs I play at.  Also testing can be done in Florida and New England as I split my time with the houses.   I past all my games on GHIN and all my games are tagged with Shot Scope.  I have the V3, X5 and also the new V5 watch,also use a range finder.  Thank you for considering me in this test.

This Test is now closed to further comments.