Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,967 signups
Equipment Type: Fitting App
Vendor: Vokey

TestersWantedWFA.jpg

Can 15 minutes and 15 swings make for better wedge play? This is what the Vokey Wedge Fitting app aims to do. Traditionally, wedge fittings are best made outside on grass, in the rough, and especially out of bunkers to see what wedges best fit your game. Between loft and grind options, wedges are one of the more complicated areas of golf, and getting it wrong can make the game a whole lot harder than it already is.

How Does This Work? 

The Vokey Wedge Fitting app, unlike other online apps, is an in-person fitting where a fitter can match you into the ideal loft, bounce, and grind combinations in a matter of 15 minutes. This starts with a player interview to go over your game and tendencies, followed by the hitting portion of the fitting session. Here, you will take a series of shots where the app will calculate the best options for you based on the launch monitor data provided.

Key areas that are focused on are a player’s angle of attack and shaft lean at impact. Combining these data points with the various shots they hit (roughly 15 in total) is enough for the Vokey Wedge Fitting app to provide a full assessment of what wedges the golfer should be using.

TVWFA-studio.jpg

The Testing Opportunity 

Don’t worry; there is more to this test than just the app and fitting experience. We want four testers to go through the Vokey Wedge Fitting app with a certified Titleist fitter and share their experience, including what it was like and how accurate they feel the results were. The testers will then receive the wedges chosen by the app to put them through on-course testing to see how the results match up.

We want to know if this could really replace a full wedge fitting. Can an indoor wedge fitting on a mat with only 15 swings really be just as good as an outdoor fitting? Let’s find out.

VWFAComputer.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum members.

*Registration closes July 17.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on July 23.

141 Comments

This is a great opportunity to see how new technology can help improve club selection! Not everyone has time for a full fitting and this can be more cost effective. 

I have been fitted for all my clubs except my wedges as I didn’t think it would make a difference initially. As I have started to play more I question if I have the right bounce, etc. My wedge game is very strong but I question if I could be improved more with some properly fitted wedges in my bag. Goodluck to all! 

A few months ago I got new irons, and then got hurt, so I did not return (yet) to do the wedge portion of the fitting. I now have gapping issues that need to be addressed. Plus, now that I can play again, I've got massive pent up demand!

I would love to be part of this one as I just got fit for a 52 and 58-degree sm10's at a club champion and as a high handicapper, I saw the difference in my short game that this fitting provided (finally being able to stick balls on the green and making shots count inside 60 yards has been a blessing).  If I had had a tool like this at that time it would have made that experience so much easier and less intimidating and I think I can give some great insight to see how well this and a very recent higher-end fitting lineup

AWESOME! I've been a Vokey player for decades. Have recently upgraded my 60deg to an SM9 and my 52 to an SM10 but my 56deg is still a 200 series. Things change a ton so I'd love to try this and see what it shows for what would work best for a new 56deg!

Now see, this would be a perfect testing opportunity for someone like me.  I just bought Vokey SM10 wedges 52, 56, 60, using the online fitting tool only.  Played my first round with them yesterday.  Would be interesting to see how far off the tool and app  are in their recommendations and I could actually compare real world performance if different grinds are recommended!  

Would love this opportunity. My wedge selection currently looks like you’d think it would if I only purchased from garage sales. 

Old hand-me-down 50degree RBladez

GroupGolfer Daily Deal Cleveland CBX

Bought out of a guys trunk in a parking lot Vokey SM9 62 Degree

Crazy to think that my wedges are the only non-fitted element of my bag yet it’s only part of my game I’m confidant with. Would love to see what a proper fitting experience might do for me. 

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, nvizble1 said:

This is another instance where my "sign up here" link doesn't work! Am I the only one? Is this a tech issue that can be resolved?

I definitely had to press the button three times. The first two were times it jus reloaded the forum page again. 

Can pretty much travel anywhere, anytime for a fitting--Rely on my short game to bail me out of craziness that happens with the full swing, so I'd love to know that my wedges are properly fit and give me the best chance of getting out of jail! Good luck everyone

I’ve never been fitted and have just used the wedges that I have found on sale in the lofts I wanted and grinds I thought I needed based on descriptions. Have had Vokeys in the past but found as super deal on the current Cleveland’s at the start of last season so switched. Would love to see if a fitting really helps 

This is such a great opportunity. Thanks Titleist and MGS! 

I have self fitted my wedges, and they have been very good, but of course I would love the chance to optimize my short game. I’m happy to be a guinea pig for the app!

I have been wanting to do a fitting. So this would be a great test for myself. 

Happy Golfing!!

I'm in for this one. I have my main sand wedge grooves about worn out and have a Cleveland zipcore that I can get spin on the ball with but it is a disaster if I take a full swing with it.

Thanks for another great testing opportunity MGS and Titleist!

This is the one thing I have never been fit for and think my game is severely lacking in this area. i haven’t had a lesson that gave me a full appreciation of a good wedge game 

This Test is now closed to further comments.