Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,296 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Callaway

AI200.jpg

Testers Wanted: Callaway Apex Ai200 and Ai300 Irons

We’re are bringing another newly launch product by way of the latest additions to Callaway's renowned Apex line of irons—the Apex Ai200 and Ai300 to member testing.

The Apex line has a rich history, originally stemming from the legendary Ben Hogan brand, and has been a go-to for serious golfers since Callaway adopted it. Known for combining the feel of a forged iron with cutting-edge performance, the Apex irons have continually evolved to meet the needs of today’s players.

These new models claim to represent a significant leap forward in golf club technology, blending Callaway's advanced artificial intelligence design with premium forged construction. The Ai200 is designed for players seeking a balance of distance and precision, featuring a sleek, fully forged hollow-body construction. On the other hand, the Ai300 caters to those needing a more forgiving, game-improvement iron without sacrificing the feel and control that better players demand. Both models are designed to deliver superior consistency, performance, and a modernized look and feel, which is where you come in.

Ai200TW.jpg

About the Testing Opportunity

We are seeking three Forum members to test, review, and keep a set of the new Callaway Apex Ai200 or Ai300 irons.

This is your chance to put Callaway's latest innovations to the test and provide honest feedback on how these clubs perform in various playing conditions. We’re looking for golfers who are eager to evaluate the distance, forgiveness, and precision claims made by Callaway and share their experiences with these new irons.

If you’re passionate about golf and ready to explore the claimed advancements in the Apex Ai200 or Ai300 irons, we encourage you to apply for this exciting testing opportunity.

Ai300.jpg

Callaway Golf! - GO HERE TO GET YOUR SPECS!

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected for testing. 
*Open to all Forum members in the U.S.
*Registrations ends Aug 19.
*Testers to be announced on the Forum Aug 20.

479 Comments

Wow MGS is going crazy with all of the great test opportunities!! Thank You! I can’t wait try these clubs the look absolutely stunning! I will be testing the Ai300’s. Hope to get the chance to test these clubs. Thanks MGS!
image.png.67f15cfa5b740ff1557c78e0956ae319.png

Boy oh boy, what an opportunity. I don't usually sign up for most of these testing opportunities but this is just awesome. To test one of the classic designs by one of the best companies is just perfect. My iron set is pretty simple, 6-PW, 1* flat, RH, graphite regular flex. My gamers are fine but this is a chance not to be missed.

So stoked for this test! I've been rocking the same irons since high school. My Nike NDS irons need to retire and these would be the greatest replacement. Whenever I go golfing with the boys they always joke about how old my clubs are. I keep telling them, "in due time" that time I hope is now. 

the Callaway Apex AI200 would be the perfect addition to my bag as I'be reached the end of my development because of equipment restraints. 

Thank you for the opportunity!

IMG_6865.jpeg

My dream set is the APEX 200s with TRUE TEMPER shafts in STIFF with 100 weight, MID launch and MID spin. 🙂

image.png.8c293f78d4724823cf80de080e0975ec.png

9 hours ago, MLRTYME said:

Admittedly, this sounds like a great option to compare to my current Ping gamers. Would love the opportunity to be considered for this. But, I do require a 1" longer than stock shaft at my height. Is this a concern for consideration? Would I be allowed to alter the shaft with a 1" extension to get an apples to apples comparison to my current setup?

Would be looking at the Ai300 option in a 4-PW with a 90g S shaft

Thank you.

Most of our testing opportunities allow for custom fit options as long as they are not upcharge shafts.  +1 inch would not be a problem provided it's a no-upcharge shaft you were looking at.

Welcome to the forum, I'd give a look around and find the "how to become a tester" thread and enjoy the forum!

The ai300s would be for me. Forgiveness for a “decent” player. Dream nah would be ping top end. Callaway irons , my mg4 wedges ( just bought them ) and my classic odyssey 2 ball white hot center shaft. 

This looks like it'll help my game a lot. I played last Saturday and could tell I needed new irons. I currently use a Callaway  Epic driver and fairway wood, so it'd be nice to stay in the family as it were.  image.png.31495a24cb7ffc631b0317842ab131cc.png

Would love these.  I really like my ZX5 srixon’s.  I find myself gravitating to more callaway recently.  Have paradygm ai driver and opus wedges.  Would love this opportunity.

IMG_3995.png

This is a phenomenal test with a great set of irons.  My set would be the Apex Ai 300, regular flex 5-PW.

image.png.a1ecd4dfc3475f200e9dac2ff024abee.png

I played the Ben Hogan Apex Plus for some time, which was great.  Currently playing Mizuno.  It would be nice to see how these perform on the course.

Good Luck all!

My fave brand is Callaway! I would love a chance to test these out! My dream set so far is the Paradym AI smoke but these will climb there. 

IMG_4802.jpeg

Y'all on fiyah with these testing opportunities!!! Bravo!! Apex Ai300 seems the most appealing for me. If I were to grab a set, this would be the build for meeee:

Apex 300.jpg

Good luck to everybody! This will be exciting to see how they test. 

image.jpeg.34b8962b7fd3b0b68a5c5f27fe80d381.jpeg
4-P, stiff flex would be awesome!

The irons look nice in the pictures, I can't wait to see how they hit and compare to my Mizuno jpx 923's. The ai300's are almost identical in loft, would be a great comparison. 

Have never really tested irons in this category; very interested to see if I can hit the ball flight windows I like to hit.

Screen Shot 2024-08-13 at 9.07.55 AM.png

I played forged Ben Hogan Apex PC butter-knife blade irons from high school through college and into my early 30’s!  They were amazing irons - demanding, with a tiny sweet spot, but gave me so much feedback and control, great turf interaction and workability.  I would love to test the newest generation of that line!!  I’ve always been curious about the Callaway Apex line - I tried a few sets over the years but in fittings they never came out on top for me (though last year the Paradigm X irons were second best for me - I just wasn’t in the market to switch irons).  I’m looking for a player’s distance iron to help me gain a few yards against the coming of my years in competitions, but I want to maintain feel, accuracy, and workability.  I’ve always felt it was kind of a unicorn until I tried the Mizuno Pro 225 distance players irons.  Would love to see how these stack up!  Good luck to everyone!

Another incredible opportunity for The Forum! Shoutout to the MGS Staff for continuing to secure these tests for us (especially right after an embargo gets lifted - impressive stuff!). Best of luck to everyone applying!

This Test is now closed to further comments.