Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Testers Wanted: Galway Bay Rain Gear

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
993 signups
Equipment Type: Rain Gear
Vendor: Galway Bay

image.png

Galway Bay is known for producing high-quality, all-weather golf apparel, and we’re looking for four golfers to test their latest products. You’ll be testing the Corrib Golf Rain Jacket, Claddagh Chino Rain Pant, and either the Cappagh Performance Hybrid Vest or the Foyle Performance Hybrid Midlayer. These products are designed to protect golfers from the elements while ensuring comfort and performance on the course. The Corrib Jacket in particular includes changes that were direct results from feedback given in our previous Forum member review. So can these products live up to their claims of weather resistance, comfort, and mobility?

Key Products:

• Corrib Golf Rain Jacket: Promises waterproof protection with breathability and stretch for easy movement. How does it hold up in heavy rain, and does it allow for a full range of motion during a swing?
  • Claddagh Chino Rain Pant: Designed to keep you dry without sacrificing style or comfort. Does it really provide the mobility needed for a full round of golf in wet conditions?
  • Cappagh Performance Hybrid Vest or Foyle Performance Hybrid Midlayer: Testers can choose between these two versatile layering pieces, both aimed at adding warmth without compromising flexibility. Do they offer the right balance of warmth, breathability, and mobility on the course?

The Testing Opportunity
We’re selecting four golfers to test these products, assessing everything from comfort to how well they hold up in tough weather conditions. Your feedback will be shared with the MyGolfSpy community to help golfers understand if Galway Bay’s rain gear is worth the investment.

Apply Today!

Open to all registered forum members worldwide.

Registration opens Sept. 12 and closes Sept. 18.

Selected testers will be announced on the Forum on Sept. 24.

This is your opportunity to test Galway Bay’s latest rain gear and see if it can withstand the elements and improve your game!

102 Comments

I would love to test these out. As others have mentioned, I have been caught in the rain mid round only to be soaked... but it didn't stop me! Good luck to everyone

Perfect timing, just about to head into the rainy fall season.  I currently have Galway Bay gear and I'm very interested to see what improvements they've made.

Rain gear is so different from product to product, compared to say… a range finder or a club. There will be tiny differences in range finder features or a club’s performance but generally they will all provide a similar result. 

Rain gear, on the other hand, runs a huge gamut from plastic hefty-bag like clothing to really quality gear that breaths. I’ve only ever owned the hefty bags so it would be enlightening to compare to Galway Bay. 

When I lived and played in Alaska if you did not play in the rain, you did not play. So that would be great gear for there. 

Mesa Arizona? Not so much. The rain spit at us for about 3 holes last month. Left some pock marks in the dust on my cart. I haven't seen rain on the course since February or early March. As much as I would love to try the rain gear it would be wasted on me. 

Would love to test this out as my rain gear is not great, and I’ve really wanted to try something different as I coach HS golf and it’s been so wet in Florida. Would love to get a chance to test out something especially to possibly look into purchasing for my team in the future.

Hi all,

I would love to test the rain gear out and it's raining here in western Montana as I type this.

Thanks for the opportunity to test.....goldie

Would love to test this one, but I’m going to have to decline… we don’t get enough rain here during the fall (Alabama), without thunderstorms that shut the course down, for me to be able to test consistently. I’ll love reading the reviews and seeing the feedback because I’m in the market for new rain gear next season!

best of luck to the testers!

I would have loved to sign up with the winter wet coming up, but I’m in the middle of a test and those pieces aren’t for women anyway. 

In the market for wet weather wear so will be watching this one for sure!

Bravo MGS and previous spies that made recommendations to help Galway create better rain gear for us golfers. 👏 👏. Living in Colorado allows me to golf year round BUT requires the gear to do so.  The most import part of Colorado fall/winter/spring golf is the comfort of the gear.  This set looks perfect for our climate.  The rain is hit or miss in the fall/winter and usually is showers or short storms so having a rain jacket in the bag is a must.  The Cappaugh Hybrid Vest will be a must starting in a few weeks due to the wind and lower temps and looks great.  The pants look comfortable and need to protect again the cold wind as well as the rain her.  I would love to check out this set and compare with my current TM set and see how changes the previous reviewers recommended were incorporated.  I will be keeping my eye on the reviews from my fellow spies on this test due to the need I have in Colorado.