Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,773 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: Titleist

image.png

Want to contribute to the data MyGolfSpy collects?

Welcome to Testers Wanted where we recruit readers like you for objective feedback on products that roll into HQ throughout the year!

Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x are known as class leading, and maybe even class defining golf balls, and in 2023 we're going to get a new revision to the Pro V1 lineup.  As is typical for this phase of the game, Titleist is providing little in the way of details, but short game and wind performance are expected to be a point of emphasis with the new balls.  Because data-driven objective testing is what we do, we need some of you to assess and report back to us at MyGolfSpy.

We are looking for TEN (10) US based testers to help us look for improvements from the prior models and performance differences between these two white box models.  Each tester will receive one dozen Pro V1 and one dozen Pro V1x (two dozen total) for testing.

New to the forum? Want to increase your chances of being selected for testing? Here is a link to a guide which lays it all out for you and will allow you to know exactly how, why and who we select for testing here: How to Become a Tester

Find the Member Test Progress and Review: HERE

116 Comments

I play year round, just came off a golf trip and have another slated in Vegas in a little over a month.

Add to that I have a golf sim at home, so would be able to do not only the feel aspect,  but some real numbers comparison. 

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play!!

-- Peejer

I buy TP5x's. Like the feel and the PIX design, but the ProV1 is the ball I find the most when I'm on course (don't pull them from water or keep if they look old or damaged or marked refurbed). When it's slow, I'll hit two shots from each position, one TP5 and one ProV just to test them out.  TP5 feels softer, but when I hit it good, ProV is longer and has more spin and I like the trajectory. But when I hit it bad, feels like it exacerbates miss hits.  I give away all the balls I find when I'm walking along, except the ProVs, AVXs and of course TP5s 🙂 

Just signed up. I play at least twice a week on Bainbridge Island regardless of weather…while also playing most days in my garage based sim setup. #Shamelessplug

I had the pleasure of being in last years blind Titleist ball test.  I loved the number 3 ball which was the left dot.  We only had three of each ball.  A friend tried one of my #3 balls and lost it in a pond.  I short game tested one for a hundred shots and left the cover shredded.  The last #3 ball I played 27 holes with and documented everything to the thread.  The #4 ball was the AVX we were told and I was not a big fan.  I put it through the same paces and I lost one of them on the 27 holes of play.  (same pond)  I play the Pro V1 for all my golf, I only play new balls.  I would love to be a tester.

I'm just wondering at what point can there be nothing else you can do to the ball?  You've got CORE value for club heads ... what is in place for golf balls?  Smash factor? 

It would be great to test out the new ProV1's.  I have gotten to a point where I have stopped purchasing DTC balls and they are the top of the market so would be interested to see the difference compared to what I have been playing over the years.

Looking forward to this test. We have near year round golf here and I'll be getting the sim out soon for those odd 30* days. I've never really invested in "premium" golf balls but I do notice a difference between the good balls I find and play vs the lower end brands. Chromesofts and Pro V1s are very popular at my course - I find them everywhere.

This Test is now closed to further comments.