Testers Wanted: Vortex Rangefinders ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,233 signups
Equipment Type: Tech
Vendor: Garmin

Testers Wanted: Garmin Approach S70

image.png

It is commonplace now for golfers to have some sort of GPS or Shot tracking system while on the course. There are a lot of options available as well. From apps to enhanced rangefinders to clips and of course watches. 

All have their own unique potential benefits and potential drawbacks, but the Garmin Approach S70 aims to narrow that being a premium GPS Golf Smartwatch which you can use not only on the course, but in your day to day life as well. 

The Garmin Approach S70 has a variety of features including: Bright 1.4-inch amoled touch display, pre-installed with 43,000 golf courses worldwide, optimized playslike distance, an improved virtual caddie including green contour data as well as a variety of health and fitness features. 

Available in two sizes and three different colors there is an option that should suit any golfer. Claiming to have an impressive battery life that lasts up to 14 days in smartwatch mode and up to 15 hours in GPS mode. It also claims to be waterproof for those who like to play in the rain and has a 5 ATM water resistance rating. 

On the surface there is a lot to like about the Garmin Approach S70 as it will seemingly do it all both on and off the course, which is where you come in. MyGolfSpy is looking for 4 golfers who will test, review and keep the Garmin Approach S70. 

MCE-7760_20230329_Support_ROD_1868_RGB.jpg

This testing opportunity is open to golfers in the US & Canada! It also works for both left and right handed golfers!

Interested in testing and telling us what you think about all the features of the Garmin Approach S70? Sign up before it is too late! 

This testing opportunity will close August 2nd and we will announce the selected testers August 8th on the MyGolfSpy Forum.

343 Comments

I have been using Garmin S60 watch since 2020 and love all the features, tracking, accuracy, etc.  I've been wanting to upgrade to a new one in the market because my S60 started losing tracking ability.
So, I'm very interested in testing S70, finding out what the new features are, and the improvements they made.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Thank you all for signing up!

Great turn out for this one... Now we get to go through all of it and find out 4 testers.

Watch for them to be announced Tuesday August 8th!

Admission rate to Harvard: 5%

Admission rate to Standford: 6%

FBI Special Agent applicants whobare accepted: 5%

Goldman Sachs internship acceptance rate: 1.27%

MyGolfSpy tester acceptance rate for the Garmin S70: 0.000944%

It's significantly harder to become a MGS tester than getting into any Ivy League school, becoming an FBI Special Agent, or obtaining highly coveted internship.

5 minutes ago, FallenSaber said:

Admission rate to Harvard: 5%

Admission rate to Standford: 6%

FBI Special Agent applicants whobare accepted: 5%

Goldman Sachs internship acceptance rate: 1.27%

MyGolfSpy tester acceptance rate for the Garmin S70: 0.000944%

It's significantly harder to become a MGS tester than getting into any Ivy League school, becoming an FBI Special Agent, or obtaining highly coveted internship.

I would have to break it down, but about 90% of the applications are one off applications and not really considered. Then so far this season about 3% of applicants have 50 or more posts (not a requirement for testing but a benchmark).

So while it looks crazy it really isn't and then if you compound we try to do what we can to make sure each member only does one test per season (gloves and golf balls or smaller tests are exceptions) you can take away another bunch and the field continue to narrow.

I can guarantee it is easier to become s MGS tester than either of those! 

However thanks for the post as I have my new thing I learned today completed and it's only 8am!

26 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I would have to break it down, but about 90% of the applications are one off applications and not really considered. Then so far this season about 3% of applicants have 50 or more posts (not a requirement for testing but a benchmark).

So while it looks crazy it really isn't and then if you compound we try to do what we can to make sure each member only does one test per season (gloves and golf balls or smaller tests are exceptions) you can take away another bunch and the field continue to narrow.

However thanks for the post as I have my new thing I learned today completed and it's only 8am!

Thank you for the information. That is very good to know what.

As far as comparison to the other institutions, I'm sure they do not exclude those who apply who are under qualified so no need for you to discount it. A bit of a badge of honor to be selected as a MGS tester!

36 minutes ago, FallenSaber said:

As far as comparison to the other institutions, I'm sure they do not exclude those who apply who are under qualified so no need for you to discount it. A bit of a badge of honor to be selected as a MGS tester!

For your own reference I go much more indepth in the "want to be a tester thread"

Within the last year I switched from primarily using a range finder to using the Bushnell Wingman system. Simplifying my thought process for where I wanted to hit the ball has lowered my scores and increased my GIR this year. It would be very interesting to see how the Garmin system would help simplify the approach to the game. I am excited to see what the results show!

I am not familiar with the Wingman, but have been using the Pro XE for 4 years.  As a laser, I like the accuracy but at times it is tough to lock in on the target due to limbs, doglegs, etc.  When it locks in…it vibrates but when it doesn’t, a fellow player with the GPS, assures my numbers as close.  I further agree that it has helped me hit more greens, etc.  A friend of mine, consistently comments that I always hit the correct distances to pins, obviously a result of truly knowing the distance, selecting the right club/shot and executing but, it has definitely led to more birdies.

I like the laser but, having a watch w/ GPS must be an additional advantage.  I hope to be able to compare and as you say “simply the approach”.  Best, to you.

10 hours ago, FallenSaber said:

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I appreciate the clarification GolfSpy,  at least we know that some point down the road, we may have a chance to test.  

I think I missed the deadline.

That's unfortunate because this has been the watch I've been waiting for. Currently gaming the S10 but looking to upgrade to a more lifestyle watch

Congratulations to the testers. Really looking forward to learning about the screen and battery life. I am extremely happy with the S62, and I replaced my Apple Watch as a traveling watch by the Garmin. You cannot beat 10-15 days battery life and also being able to play golf. Also interested to know how the screen performs under bright sunlight!

15 hours ago, Bluetrumpet said:

Where are the testers posted? I know it says the forum but I’m new to the forums and couldn’t find it 😬 TIA! 

Here is the announcement thread, welcome to the forum!

This Test is now closed to further comments.