Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,794 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: Sub 70

Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Putters

Screenshot 2023-08-29 10.31.38 AM.png

Just because the seasons are changing doesn’t mean there isn’t still ample time to test and review golf clubs. 

In MyGolfSpy Most Wanted Testing Sub 70 has performed well year over year and claimed third overall in 2023 Most Wanted Blade with the Sycamore 005 Wide Blade.  Bolstering an impressive lineup of 16 putters they have an option that will surely appeal to any golfer. 

Sub 70 says “Every Sub 70 putter is milled from a billet of 1045 carbon steel which leaves no welds, castings or inconsistencies in the head. This is the best way to make a putter head and you will not find a more solid, great feeling putter. Aesthetically each of the Sub 70 putters offers a clean, classic black and white color scheme with traditional alignment lines. We have purposefully made the heads slightly heavier than the industry standard as we feel it allows a more natural pendulum like putting stroke. “

Sub 70 also introduced a new graphite/steel putter shaft this year that offers more technology, feel and stability.

image.png

Add in these Sub 70 putters will often cost half of what major brands sell for and there would seem to be perfect balance of value and performance. 

This is where we need you!

We will be selecting four golfers to test, review and keep any putter from Sub 70’s lineup with the shaft preference of their choosing. 

What do you think? Up for testing what could be the best underrated putter you haven’t tried and providing your feedback along the way?

IMPORTANT! - Screenshot and/or share the Sub 70 Putter you want to test along with shaft and grip combo to be eligible for test! 

*Test is open to US only
*Available for Left and Right handed golfers. 
*Registration closes Sept 13 2023 and selections announced Sept 19 2023.

548 Comments

I’d like to try the sycamore 008 center shaft with the sub 70 graphite/steel straight shaft 35” and the super stroke oversize 5.0 grip please 

IMG_0671.png

I would love to test the Sub 70 008 center shaft putter.

008cs_face.webp.fde87096d903a359eebfb335038a48c8.webp

or the Sub 70 005 Wide Blade center shaft putter.

005cs_face_1.webp.412cbd7bc51238f21d8a49af04993ea0.webp

Right hand, 35", Super Stroke Zenergy Tour 1.0, Sub 70 Graphite/Steel straight shaft.

I would love to get the opportunity to try one of these beauties out. My preference is a Sub 70 Sycamore 009 Mallet Putter with an oversized Winn 2020 VSN Jumbo Pistol black grip, double bend/offset putter steel shaft 34”. 

Another awesome test opportunity !

Thanks MGS.  Good luck to all that enter.

Checked out all the different available models, holy cow, plethora of choices.

Think I know which one I would choose, but I better wait until I'm selected before making the final call, LOL !

Shot my first ever even round today, 72% GIR but 31 putts. Would love to test one of these to see if I can get that number a little lower. I’ve always been a blade guy but maybe it’s time to try a mallet. 

IMG_2169.png

IMG_2170.png

This is my choice!!! Love Sub 70 as a smaller golf equipment company although I have never used any of their equipment personally, I have a couple buddies who do play some of their equipment. I have hit one guys 7 iron and it felt great!!! Thinking of getting into a set myself this winter. Let's go!!!!Screenshot_20230907-202132.png.780a122f2acce795d8b48e6c420f6fbb.png

I really like the idea of Sub70. I own their 5 wood and love it. I demo’d the 699 pro irons, and didn’t find much improvement to my current set. I would like to try their Sycamore 001 Blade putter. My current putter is the cheapest, ugliest thing I could find at Play It Again Sports (an old Titleist dead center). That one replaced my odyssey two ball after the two ball had to go on a very long time out. Good luck to all!

9DD52824-D73C-4809-9EB8-598285F07182.jpeg

Interested in testing the Sub 70 Sycamore 002 mid-mallet since I tend to switch between a mallet and a blade. Might as well try the best of both worlds. 

B757DAF0-3A51-4188-B8E7-4B1925E01F36.png

This Test is now closed to further comments.