Callaway Edge Clubs

That set has had some pretty decent reviews. Here's a fairly in-depth video about the whole package. You could do a lot worse for $550.

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Halo XL 5i-DW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:EVNROLL: ER5 
:maxfli: Tour S

• 7 months later...

Requesting input. I'm buying women's clubs and narrowed my choices down to Callaway Edge and Reva.  While I golfed before kids, it's been years since I was on the course regularly so I'm more of a beginner. As such, I'm looking for input from seasoned golfers to help with my decision..

Edge: $600 from Costco - 10 clubs no bag  https://www.costco.com/callaway-edge-10-piece-golf-club-set%2C-right-handed---regular-flex.product.4000230276.html

Reva: $1000 from Amazon - 11 clubs with bag; really like the putter and different club options  https://www.amazon.com/Callaway-Womens-Premium-Complete-Right/dp/B08CQ4LJFV/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=callaway%2Breva&qid=1706670891&sr=8-1&th=1

I've tried a few swings with both sets and they both feel good.

What suggestions do you have? What additional factors should I consider?

Thanks for your help!

I would lean towards the cheaper set. If you love it all again then you have saved some for future updates.

$400 is a decent enough difference that I would lean toward spending $600 and finding a decent bag used.

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

9 hours ago, PCSmith1313 said:

Requesting input. I'm buying women's clubs and narrowed my choices down to Callaway Edge and Reva.  While I golfed before kids, it's been years since I was on the course regularly so I'm more of a beginner. As such, I'm looking for input from seasoned golfers to help with my decision..

Edge: $600 from Costco - 10 clubs no bag  https://www.costco.com/callaway-edge-10-piece-golf-club-set%2C-right-handed---regular-flex.product.4000230276.html

Reva: $1000 from Amazon - 11 clubs with bag; really like the putter and different club options  https://www.amazon.com/Callaway-Womens-Premium-Complete-Right/dp/B08CQ4LJFV/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=callaway%2Breva&qid=1706670891&sr=8-1&th=1

I've tried a few swings with both sets and they both feel good.

What suggestions do you have? What additional factors should I consider?

Thanks for your help!

I bought a set in December on line. They are closing them out for $449. I am a senior golfer and bought a set. Calloway’s Paradigm set was 1200 for just irons. I live in Kansas so no golfing yet but go to Golf Galaxy and rent an indoor range. I like the clubs very much  feel free to direct message if you want

Dennis

• 3 months later...

I've been using the Callaway Edge set for a year now, and I'm either at the range or on the course a few times per week. I bought my wife the same set with the softer graphite shafts. Here's a few notes from my experience.

(1) At 44 degrees loft, the pitching wedge behaves more like a 9 iron (I call it my "10 iron"), and the sand wedge might be fine for beginners, but I grew frustrated with it pretty quick. The Kirkland wedge set was a perfect addition, and made a huge difference in both our short games.

(2) The putter is great. My wife have both used ours for a year, and our friends have been impressed with our putting. As we have improved, just this past week we bought new putters that fit our unique stroke styles even better than the Odyssey putter that comes with the Edge set. So we got a solid year's use from the putter before we grew out of it, and only because we take lessons and golf a few times per week.

(3) The driver has been solid, and we're both still using it. I consistently hit 200+ yard drives with it, sometimes longer. Hitting with my son's and a friends drivers, I've learned that I can squeeze out another 20, maybe 30 yards from a higher-end driver, so that's the next piece I'm going to replace.

(4) The 3 wood is good, and the 5 hybrid is great! It's my wife's go-to club, and I'm surprised and satisfied how well I can hit it.  We both love it.

(5) At this point I have little interest in replacing the irons. If this golf obsession continues, I suppose I'll get fit with a custom set, maybe next year. I'm so satisfied with how these irons perform, I'm not that motivated to replace them. Maybe I don't know what I'm missing.

The bottom line is that this is a great starter set, but I recommend filling it in with better wedges. So $550 plus $180 Kirkland wedges gives you a solid set for around $800, and can meet the needs of anyone of fairly average build until you're good enough to care about a more advanced set.

In my Side Street Back 9 bag (<--love this bag!):
Callaway Edge, regular flex, from Costco (D,3w,5h,6,7,8,9,P,S)
Pinseeker TPW 50°
Pinseeker TPW 60°
Odyssey White Hot putter with Flatso 17" grip (reverse arm lock)
TaylorMade Tour Response + found balls
Shot Scope PRO L2 Rangefinder

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing beginners set! Got it for my birthday at the end of April and have been loving them. I’ve hit the driving range once and have played my first 5 rounds ever. Just broke 100 today! I recommend for anyone getting into golf.