MGS community SIM forum?

Is there a place within MGS to discuss in-home SIM set ups, drills, or competitions?

Moved north from Texas where I could play most of the year and bit the bullet on a home sim for my son and I.  I couldn’t really find a section of forum I hoped existed, but the dream would be driving range data with ideal ball, club data (launch conditions) for each club to skills challenges and competition play (software dependent).

WITB:

Playing MAXFLI TOURX

PXG GEN5 0311 driver, Ping 425 LS 3W, Cobra King Tec 3H, Mizuno 932 Hot Metal Pro Irons, Volkey wedges, Odessey white hot 5k putter

3 hours ago, Skymark said:

Is there a place within MGS to discuss in-home SIM set ups, drills, or competitions?

Moved north from Texas where I could play most of the year and bit the bullet on a home sim for my son and I.  I couldn’t really find a section of forum I hoped existed, but the dream would be driving range data with ideal ball, club data (launch conditions) for each club to skills challenges and competition play (software dependent).

Golf Technology forum would be where I would go:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/forum/101-golf-technology/

There has also been discussions on having sim competitions but don't know where that stands.  There is a forum for the virtual competition tour but that currently works with actual rounds.   @GolfSpy_BEN,  you seem to be running the VCT area of the forum.  

Edited by cnosil

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Skymark said:

As @cnosil mentioned I am the commissioner of the VCT. Here is a link to the current week leaderboard:

The Virtual Champions Tour (VCT) is a virtual leaderboard where our members post their scores and participate in a little friendly competition. During this current season we decided to start allowing SIM rounds to be posted and count towards the season long competition. With the caveat, that course handicaps do not apply, as there are too many variables at play with each method used to play a SIM round, so you will notice that those of us that post SIM rounds do so as "0" handicaps regardless of skill level. 

We are in the planning stages of creating a separate SIM league for next fall/winter and details will be forthcoming later this year, but for now the VCT is our solution. 

As to other SIM related content, there are number of threads about the construction of home set-ups and the flightscope test thread has fostered some discussion on this subject as well. 

Lastly, if you do not see a thread that specifically discusses what you are interested in, then please start one. 😀 If you build it, they will come...

WITB:

D: :titleist-small: GT-2 10° w/ GD Tour AD-UB 6s

3W: :titleist-small: GT-3 15 Tensei Black 75 X

3h: :ping-small: G430 18° Tour 2.0/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

4i:mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Project X io 6.0

6i-PW:  :mizuno-small: Pro 225 with Recoil 110 f4

50,54° & 58°: :vokey-small: SM-10

P:   :L.A.B.: Link.1

Ball:  :vice: Pro Plus Drip

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman