1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? >>> Off and On since I was 16 being in the NorthEast, then came west to CA after undergrad and started playing a bunch more. Currently a 12.0 index due to injury and lack of playing but was a 7.4 – 9.5 index for 17 years. I shoot anywhere from a 75 to a 95 but typically from high 70's to mid 80's. I like challenging courses therefore primarily play courses with slopes of 130 and up.
2. What do you love about golf? >>> the scenery, the people you meet, the challenge of playing different shots & courses and the disconnect from the hustle and bustle of the average workweek.
3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? >>> Interest in many of your articles and honest reviews. Looking for anything that will improve my game when I can play. I do not know other spies.
4. Where are you from? What is your home course? >>> I am in the San Jose, CA area, home course is Cinnabar Hills, it used to be De Laveaga for years.
5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? >>> Best is the variety and challenge of courses from the ocean to the mountains. Worst is the cost and fact many courses are disappearing in the area.
6. What do you do for a living? >>>Business guy in high-tech (former engineer turned product marketing and business development)
7. How’d you pick your user name? >>> made sense based on my last name and interest.
In summary, my only claim to fame is how low my handicap is for how little i play. I think i can attribute that to my short game and learning how to play a low bounce wedge (56* 10* bounce).