Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,787 signups
Equipment Type: Shot Tracking System
Vendor: Shot SCope

Testers Wanted!

TW-SS-Feature.jpg

The MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to introduce a new Shot Scope product to the community for member testing. Shot Scope has just released their V5, the next evolution of their most popular tracking series. It's not often we receive products this close to release, and with many people curious about the new V5 from Shot Scope, we need testers to help inform golfers worldwide about their purchases.

What's New in the Shot Scope V5?

The Shot Scope V5 comes with full-hole maps to provide golfers with a clear picture of the hole they are about to play. This added feature aims to enhance the user experience by displaying greens, hazards, doglegs, and ideal layup areas.

Shot Scope V5 also includes 15 tracking tags that screw into the end of each club for shot-by-shot tracking and post-round in-depth analysis of your game.

Other features include five color themes allowing you to customize your watch, a built-in scorecard, green view, and pin placement.

Finally, Shot Scope offers their performance tracking dashboard and game analysis, all with no subscription costs.

ShotScope2.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a Shot Scope V5 watch and tracking system. We want to understand how these new features perform, how the new watch feels, and your overall thoughts on the entire Shot Scope package.

Do you think this testing opportunity is for you? Do you believe your game could be improved by using the Shot Scope V5?

ShotScope2 (2).jpg

*Open to all golfers worldwide.

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected.

*Registration ends on April 25.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on April 30.

221 Comments

3 hours ago, stevepaint said:

Love to try it ,i use the V3 which has been great be nice to see the improvements 

I just upgraded my V3 to the V5 this past week and looking forward to getting it on the course on Monday morning. I’ve had a lot of success with the V3 getting a really got handle on my strengths and weaknesses on the course. Good luck to all the testers

I would love to test a range finder like this.  I use a Scope and as I grow older its getting hard to keep it steady!

Currently using SwingU app on my phone.

While I do like the app overall, my phone frequently won't open and I have to enter the passcode.

Having information readily available with the glance at my wrist would really streamline my game and allow me to focus on the importance of distance.

I'd expect it to be a valuable tool to improve my game by providing accurate information, help manage my game and  time on the course, and giving  insights into my performance that can help  identify areas for improvement.

I love my Shot Scope V3. The V5 seems great but it's hard to tell if it's really worth the extra money. 

One thing I'd be very interested in is their claims of increased shot tracking ability. Id like to see how much it cuts down on post round review

And the testing opportunities keep on coming! Great job MGS staff! Good luck to all who apply!

Received my V5 a couple of weeks ago and have 1 round with it. Really like the convenience of the watch. 

Definitely would love to try something more comfortable than my Apple Watch paired with the grint app. 
good luck everyone!! 

Currently use a Garmin S62 and still have a Golf Buddy AIM W10.  I also use my MGI GPS.  Would be interesting to compare all of them.  As a retiree, I'm looking for meaningful ways to fill my day.  What a great way to do that!  My wife says I play too much (yes....divorce is on the table).  But this will at least stave off the complaints for a while.  "Honey....I'm helping my fellow man (or is it human beings)....and I get a free watch!".

Used Arccos w phone app and sensors last year and felt it would take some getting used to. Pulled the sensors off the clubs after my club championship tourney. I have trouble multi tasking while on the course. Would be interested to see if a watch could help w that. 

I’ve been using GolfShot Pro on my watch and thinking about getting Arccos lately. I was looking online at Costco and saw some options I was thinking about grabbing. If not selected to test this I’d love to follow the feedback and see how they stack up. 

I struggle with distance with my irons and see something like this would be a good solution to help get dialed in. 

vest of luck to those selected!

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Want to really get involved and increase your chance at being a tester? What Shot Tracking System Do You Use?

Also Tell Us Why You Should Be A Tester?

Would love to test the Shot Scope V5 after using a Apple Watch to keep score and now the Arccos system to have a dedicated watch would be ideal.

Would be nice also to see the differences between the two systems especially when it comes to cost and membership. 

Good luck to the chosen!  I've had several performance watches/tracking.  Right now I've got the Garmin Approach S62 and I've used Arccos in the past for tracking.  They all have great features and it's not hard to recommend them.  I'll be interested to hear any comparisons that may be made between the V5 and other comparables. 

This would be amazing. My range finder seems to be between 30-100yds off at any given time, my Garmin tracker never really worked, and the Arccos is a great idea with seemingly poor execution (in my experience.) so I’d love to get an opportunity to work with something that actually works.

Been mulling the idea of trying Shot Scope again. Been an Arccos user since 2014 and never had to pay the subscription as I still use Gen2 sensors. My first couple of sensors died this fall and I’m staring down $225 for the link pro and $150 for the membership…I am heavily considering the V5. 
I cant wait to read the reviews! 

As an arccos member I’m excited to see the results of this one. I hope a higher handicapper with arccos is chosen as a different perspective 

I am a fanatic on keeping stats for golf. I currently use GolfLogix for keeping stats, and GolfPad for tracking distances for my shots.  Having a tracker in each club would be ideal for tracking my shots. I feel that I will be the ideal candidate to test the V5 because of my obsession of keeping stats on my golf game.

I have an use the golf pad app! The subscription is $30 a year and they state once a member your price will not change.  Great app has tags but are not very useful! Love to see these 2 side by side! I do like with the golf pad app it gives you a club suggestion,  just like having a caddy.  Does this one have that option?

1 hour ago, GolferDad66 said:

Anyone know the difference between the x5 and the v5?

X5 is touch screen

This Test is now closed to further comments.