Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,787 signups
Equipment Type: Shot Tracking System
Vendor: Shot SCope

Testers Wanted!

TW-SS-Feature.jpg

The MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to introduce a new Shot Scope product to the community for member testing. Shot Scope has just released their V5, the next evolution of their most popular tracking series. It's not often we receive products this close to release, and with many people curious about the new V5 from Shot Scope, we need testers to help inform golfers worldwide about their purchases.

What's New in the Shot Scope V5?

The Shot Scope V5 comes with full-hole maps to provide golfers with a clear picture of the hole they are about to play. This added feature aims to enhance the user experience by displaying greens, hazards, doglegs, and ideal layup areas.

Shot Scope V5 also includes 15 tracking tags that screw into the end of each club for shot-by-shot tracking and post-round in-depth analysis of your game.

Other features include five color themes allowing you to customize your watch, a built-in scorecard, green view, and pin placement.

Finally, Shot Scope offers their performance tracking dashboard and game analysis, all with no subscription costs.

ShotScope2.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a Shot Scope V5 watch and tracking system. We want to understand how these new features perform, how the new watch feels, and your overall thoughts on the entire Shot Scope package.

Do you think this testing opportunity is for you? Do you believe your game could be improved by using the Shot Scope V5?

ShotScope2 (2).jpg

*Open to all golfers worldwide.

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected.

*Registration ends on April 25.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on April 30.

221 Comments

I've used Arccos for a couple of years, and am familiar with that product and can make comparison. Like some others, I've also used GolfShot, but having to manually enter/track shots is a pain. Intrigued by Shot Scope's model.

I've previously used the Accros tags and have been considering getting myself a watch which would track my shots but also help to improve my game. I was considering the Shotscope X5 but after reading the reviews I decided against it. Poor battery life, not working when the weathers wet, (when isn't it in this country) and the touchscreen issues really put me off but the V5 seems to have addressed all those issues. Fair play to Shotscope for listening to what's been said. It would be good to be able to test the V5 to see if it would help improve my game before spending my hard earned cash on one.

Looking forward to see how this test goes! I’ve been trying to find the best app that pairs well with an Apple Watch. Currently using The Grint. Thinking this would top all of them. 

I’ve been using 18Birdies on my phone for a while and have tried a few apps on my Apple Watch but it always seems more of an inconvenience than helpful. Would love to try out a watch dedicated to golfing to see how it could help my game. 

Currently use 18 birdies for most rounds. I’ve tried arccos but hated the additional sensors on the butt of my clubs. I like 18 birdies and have used golf shot plus before as well. Also use the GSGA app but it’s missing one crucial element which is ability to record where you missed the shot (short, long left right) and 18 birdies has that so I tend to default to that. 

I play golf almost a year now, and im trying to get better and improve my handicap. On the course I currently use  a rangefinder finder for some indication of distance to the pin or troubles. When I'm on the course I get sometimes a little frustrated when I hit a couple of bad shots. And forget to track where I went wrong. So a system to track my  stats during a round would benefit me. Because I can look at my stats after the round. During my lessons on the drivingrange I use InRange. So I have been looking into smartwatches with the capabilities to track my shots and see the layout of the course, like arcos and garmin. I didnt know shotscope but after some research it  would be a great alternative to arcos and garmin. And I would love to test it and see what improvements this system can make for a beginner. 

I’m currently running the Garmin Fénix 5X plus as golf GPS and the Garmin R10. Primarily using the R10 for range sessions, but I’ve used it during one round of golf since purchasing. Definitely interested in a system like this for more detailed shot tracking to improve my game. Always start the year around 11-12 hcp, got down to a 9.7 at the end of last year. 

Currently using a Garmin S60 with the Approach CT10.

Would love to have a chance to use a different system to compare the ios as well as the data that is provided.

Data is king and the only way to improve ones game. 

I would love to test this product.  I have been looking into Shot Scope and similar products to help my game and to become more consistent.

never used a shot tracker.  Figured out my distances by trial an error.  Got a new set of Callaway irons an now hitting the ball further which is putting me back to trial an error to discover distances.  So I need the help, lol.

I play 4 times a week so should get a lot of data.

I have never use a shot tracking app so I am curious how/if this technology would improve my game. Very interested in finding out!

I use the v 3 shot scope watch and the sensors. It has helped my game the past 2 seasons. It works very well . The  new version looks like a winner from what I've read. 

Mine is a bit worn out a new version would be great. 

Good luck to all, if you have never used shot scope and don't get one through the contest give it a try. No fees like Arccos.

This would be great to test. I have been using a Samsung Golf Edition watch with the Smart Caddie app and it has worked pretty well but I have been curious about how the watches that are designed for golf work compared to a dedicated golf watch.  I am a fan of technology and I have had quite a few smart watches so I thought a smart watch with golf would be perfect but now I am starting to wonder if a golf watch would be better.  I would love to test this and compare it with my current watch.

I currently use my 64 y/o eyes to about 2fitty. Further than that and I get my Bushnell RF out while my green tee partners are driving. I’m not sure about this thing. Seems like it would distract me from focusing on actually playing the game. I’ll still follow the results. You never know. 

Heard a lot of great things about the Shot Scope range finders. Currently using a Garmin S40 which seems to work great for what I need. More data metrics and features might be really helpful as I am looking to lower my handicap though! Good luck to everyone!

I have been using the V3 for the past few years and actively use the data feedback along with some spreadsheet stats for tracking my game. I think I could potentially help provide a unique prospective on the V5 since I am a PGA professional and also actively compete in multiple competitive events every month. 

Interested, was a user of the Garmin S60 paired with the Garmin Golf app.  But the S60 stopped charging and now I just rely on  a rangefinder for yardages and nothing but feel for swing and shot data.   Would love to get my hands on this to develop my game further and a little more accurately. Thanks MGS and Shot Scope for the opportunity. 

Good luck to all the entrants !

I currently use the V3 and am content with it for now, but will be very curious to see what the testers think.  Follow the SS thread for some time now, and think Shot Scope is a great company.  I do hope there are not as many "hiccups" with this release as there were for the X5.  

This Test is now closed to further comments.