Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,787 signups
Equipment Type: Shot Tracking System
Vendor: Shot SCope

Testers Wanted!

TW-SS-Feature.jpg

The MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to introduce a new Shot Scope product to the community for member testing. Shot Scope has just released their V5, the next evolution of their most popular tracking series. It's not often we receive products this close to release, and with many people curious about the new V5 from Shot Scope, we need testers to help inform golfers worldwide about their purchases.

What's New in the Shot Scope V5?

The Shot Scope V5 comes with full-hole maps to provide golfers with a clear picture of the hole they are about to play. This added feature aims to enhance the user experience by displaying greens, hazards, doglegs, and ideal layup areas.

Shot Scope V5 also includes 15 tracking tags that screw into the end of each club for shot-by-shot tracking and post-round in-depth analysis of your game.

Other features include five color themes allowing you to customize your watch, a built-in scorecard, green view, and pin placement.

Finally, Shot Scope offers their performance tracking dashboard and game analysis, all with no subscription costs.

ShotScope2.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a Shot Scope V5 watch and tracking system. We want to understand how these new features perform, how the new watch feels, and your overall thoughts on the entire Shot Scope package.

Do you think this testing opportunity is for you? Do you believe your game could be improved by using the Shot Scope V5?

ShotScope2 (2).jpg

*Open to all golfers worldwide.

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected.

*Registration ends on April 25.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on April 30.

221 Comments

Been using arccos for a while. Recently got a Garmin Fenix 6 from a buddy. I had a Fenix 3 that I would attach to my cart to get a quick front/center/back, but the Fenix 6 is a huge upgrade for me (both in golf and outside of golf). I'm currently testing the functionality both as an individual solution and to supplement arccos. I'm a tech guy. I work in IT and I love this kind of stuff. Everything from the big rocks, like basic UI and functionality to the little rocks like things the device doesn't clearly show you how to do or makes difficult. Garmin, for example, lets you customize the clubs in it as expected. Well when you add the name of the club, it drops of the club type during a round. So all of my irons show up as "PXG 0311 XP GEN6" with no club number. Not a deal breaker, but simply worth noting another manual step that could make your next round quite a bit annoying until you manually fix it.

I have tried the Accros system but found it sorely lacking in accuracy and ease of use. Cost way too much for me considering the performance..

Interested to see the reviews of this.

Currently an Arccos user for all tracking and also use a Garmin watch for GPS distances.

Good luck all

Being selected would be awesome. Currently I’m using the Hello Birdie app with my mobile phone trying to get my distances down pat which is a struggle. 
With the Shat Scope V5 I think that will help me immensely and hopefully improve my game. 🤙🏽  

On 4/20/2024 at 2:33 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Want to really get involved and increase your chance at being a tester? What Shot Tracking System Do You Use?

Also Tell Us Why You Should Be A Tester?

Math geek who’s been playing golf for 40 years. When I learned about shots gained a few years back, I was all in. Tried arcos and Gamin but didn’t love the user experience. I now use the Golfmetrics app and right down my yardages old school on the scorecard. I would love to test out the Shot scope V5 and see if that might be a better solution for me and others who have been unhappy with competing products

Currently using an old Garmin  X10 with a very short battery-life. I would love to test the V5 Shot Scope. The display looks really appealing and I'm curious to learn how the tracking tags and analysis  will improve my overall game.

Ive been using the 18birdies and golf shot apps for the apple watch/phones. Yardages can be a little wonky so constantly checking against a range finder and neither account for slope. 

Been using Arccos since I started playing, but I've always wanted to see/do a head to head between the two systems since they seem to offer similar things.

Good luck to everyone! I currently use the BlueTees app. I’m be very curious on how it compares to the Shot Scope. I have been really trying to dial in the iron distance and dispersion.

Currently using Garmin but I would love to explore other options and get familiar with other products.

I currently use the the V5 range finder and love it. I can only assume the watch is just as good. 

I had the Shot Scope X5 but moved to the Garmin Approach S70 which I think it better not only on the course but off as well. Would love to see how it compares to the new V5!

I currently have a Garmen S40 and have used Arccos extensively without and with the Link over a 3 year period. I believe that I would be able to give a very detailed comparison of the Shot Scope vs. both the Garmin and Arccos. I play a lot of rounds during the season and am able to test it at various courses. I would love to see if Shot Scope handles picking shots up better than arccos and without having to use the link to do so. This could be a great switch of having a watch and a separate tag system. If it works well, this could be a future purchase for the kids to use for their own clubs.

I use a version of shot scope at the moment so would be good to compare the old gen to the new gen 

I currently use my Garmin Fenix 5x with the Garmin Golf app.  As a higher handicap golfer, using something more specifically made for golfing and yardage would help drastically. 

Just got a shot scope H4- clips to my belt or magnet to clip to cart/bag/etc. It has all the features of the watch here except doesn't have the actual hole view. I wanted to use all the shot data, and first round of 9 holes I only got 5 holes recorded. The second round of 9 holes I got all 9 holes recorded but did miss a 5 shots- you can go in and edit- add the missed shots which was pretty easy to do once I figuered out how to do it. I loved all the statistics- I keep track of some already, but this was so easy and should help me improve my game this year.   
good luck to everyone entering

Heck, I'm never chosen/win anything, but Super curious to try this one out be it chosen or not. I'm a high handicapper, but love the game with a fault. High handicapper or not, I am addicted to stats and keeping track of my game and seeing where I am improving. Data is fun, and if this thing is reasonably accurate and easy to use, it is a big win for guys like me.

Cheers!

This Test is now closed to further comments.