Testers Wanted: ExPutt! ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,515 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Clubs
Vendor: Takomo

Testers Wanted!

1.jpg

Many direct-to-consumer brands are praised for their irons and the value they can bring to those looking to spend a little less while still getting a high-performance product. The long game clubs, on the other hand, are often overlooked. Still aiming to provide superior performance but for a lesser price, this is where we want to see where the Takomo golf clubs stack up.

About Takomo

A Finnish company, Takomo, has made splashes by signing various golf influencers recently, significantly boosting their profile. They are a direct-to-consumer brand that offers a variety of golf clubs at competitive prices. In 2023, our Forum Members reviewed their iron series with high praise for their performance, adding that their simplistic but generally pleasing aesthetic appeals to many golfers. Since then, Takomo has ventured into the long game clubs, releasing UDIs, hybrids, fairways, and drivers, all with similar claims of being able to compete with the best of the best.

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep their choice of two Takomo long game clubs. The included golf clubs for this test will be the UDI and fairways offered from Takomo. We want to know how these golf clubs perform and how they stack up against others with significantly higher retail prices. We want the selected testers to review the on-course performance, get data on how they compare to the clubs currently in their bag, and ultimately tell us if these will make their bag long term.

4.jpg

Do you want to be a tester for the Takomo long game clubs?

*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum Members worldwide.
*Registration closes May 7
*Testers announced on the Forum May 14
*RH Only

227 Comments

My long game is improving, and to be able to test a new line of clubs would be right up my alley. Thank you for this opportunity. Good luck to all participants.

As a new fan of the Takomo 101Ts (bought on a whim along with Srixon Zx5s), I would really like to see what Takomo have done with the longer clubs!

Very cool test opp! I have the 101Ts in my bag currently. They are so clean and are quite forgiving set of irons. I'm sure that Takomo has done the same with the Driver and Fairway metal / DI options. Best of luck to everyone that's signed up. 

I would love to test these clubs and compare them to my Srixon Utility Irons!

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to test the new Takomo clubs and see haw they stack up to what's currently in my bag.

My current bag, Cobra LDX Driver and 5W, Darkspeed 3W, Callaway 4+ HB, Callaway Apex 19 (5-PW) and Jaws wedges.

I am always looking for something that fits a little better.

I have been shopping for a driving iron to add to my bag! Looking forward to what these tests bring.

The driver is earmarked for an update next season and have been shopping for udis to fill some distance gaps in the bag. Would love the opportunity to participate in this test!  

I would love to try these out against my current clubs, Always been interested, but it's hard to buy something you can't physically look at and hold before hand. 

Very intrigued and I would be a great candidate. I prefer a 2 iron (Akira UDI) over a driver on most par 4's. Always preferred irons and my 2 iron goes 240 with a slight cut, more than enough on most Par 4's in So Cal. I gotta get my hands on one of these! In a typical round I'll hit 2-iron twice as much as a driver off the tee. 

Nice! Another amazing opportunity to put a DTC to the test versus likely name brand gamers. Good luck to all who apply!

Such an awesome opportunity! I’ve been YouTubing takomo golf clubs for the few months watching countless reviews on them ! And in all honesty have yet to hear anything bad ! Would love to get the opportunity to try some out myself !

I looked these up on their web site and they are very reasonably priced.  Will be looking forward to the chosen testers results.

I've never gamed a UDI so probably not the right test for me but good luck to everyone applies! I'll be interested to see how the fairway woods do!

Oh my gosh yes. I could desperately use new Fairways. Had looked into Takomo for new irons and seem impressed with their entire lineup. 

I have been wanting to Save up and buy some Takomo clubs. This would be an awesome opportunity to see if I like them

Well... what can I say?

I've got the Takomo 101s + Skyforger wedges and they are an absolute joy to play with.

They've done a great job making sure the clubs feel just right. The 101s are game improvement irons, still, I can get a decent stopping power on longer irons and I'm able to to control the flight shape. It will be interesting to see how the long game clubs perform.

Good luck everyone!

Man, I’ve been looking at adding a driving iron to my bag so I’m excited about these!

Have a Takomo 101 set that I really enjoy would love to try the UDI as I’m playing a Hybrid for Fairway finder

This Test is now closed to further comments.