Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,044 signups
Equipment Type: Health/Golf Tracking
Vendor: Garmin

Testers Wanted!

2.jpg
Last year, we had a Forum Testing Opportunity for the Garmin S70 watch, which received great results for its high-end feel, look, and of course, performance. For this member testing opportunity, we are taking a different angle and combining the Garmin S70 watch with the Garmin Approach CT10 sensors for a full on and off-course tracking experience.

A Different Kind Of Member Test
The Garmin S70 Life Series member test is going to take performance and tracking to a new level. While we still want to know how the products perform for our selected testers, this opportunity is just as much about how these products set you up to perform at your best. The selected testers will go through this long-term testing opportunity (8 weeks) tracking their Body Battery, Sleep Score, and HRV (heart rate variability) throughout the testing period. They will take these measurements before rounds, after rounds, and even on off days to see how they can help prepare their bodies for success, but also see the effects of their preparation (or lack thereof) on the scorecard. Combined with the Approach CT10 tracking sensors, the selected testers will have access to a full suite of data, stats, and more.

1.jpg

The Testing Opportunity
For this Forum Member Testing Opportunity with Garmin, we are looking for four golfers who are willing to share and explore the full Garmin experience with the S70 watch and Approach CT10 sensors. These golfers will test, review, and keep the watch and sensors as part of the member test, all while tracking their results to see how their day-to-day lives affect their golf rounds or how their golf rounds affect their day-to-day lives! We want to know how they score on good days and bad days, how the whole system works together, and if using the Garmin health tracking systems can affect their game to lower their scores.

Think you are ready for the challenge of this long-term member test?

6.jpg
*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum Members living in North America
*Registration closes May 15
*Testers announced on the Forum May 21

4.jpg

258 Comments

This sounds awesome. Looking forward to how overall daily lives of all the mom and dads out there like myself are impacting our performance on the course. Great opportunity can’t wait to see the results. 

I've had my Approach S70 for around 6 months now and its awesome! The golf features are great and you can use the virtual caddie option even without the tracking tags. All you have to do is turn on a setting within the watch for shot prompts which has you select what club you used after each shot.

The body battery feature and fitness tracking are really good as well. It comes with a lot of different types of workouts pre-installed but you can also create custom workouts with the Garmin Connect app.

I do like the ability to receive texts on it too but I had to adjust some settings because I got notifications for other things on it that I did want to be bothered with via wrist vibrations.

Overall I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a 'best of both worlds' smart watch. Very useful and stylish off the course and amazing on the course!

This might just be the testing that I was made for. I’m the psychotic guy who has to hit his calorie burned goal 6 days per week and can’t miss a workout that I scheduled. Combining my golf playing and fitness is literally what I do. 

I use the S60 now, so would be interested to see if the S70 is an improvement.  Battery life has always been an issue for me, nothing worse than having it die mid round.  Using my S60 for golf naturally, but also use the fitness aspects of it as well, so I’m familiar with that.

What a great opportunity! I use Shot Scope right now, but of course that does not have any health tracking other than steps. I work out 4 to 5 times a week and it would be interesting to keep other statistics and then also compare the shot and capability to my Shot Scope set up. I’ve been interested in the Garmin watches for sometime now 

Hey MyGolfSpy Community,

It's a really amazing opportunity! I'm excited about it! I used GolfShot on my Apple Watch but I recently switched to the Arccos sensors with Link Pro tracker. I believe I bring a rich perspective to this testing opportunity.

Living in Québec City, I’ve played in various weather conditions, which have allowed me to test and compare the accuracy and resilience of golf tech under diverse environments. I’m particularly intrigued by how the Garmin S70 and CT10 sensors can integrate to provide not only golfing data but also health metrics like HRV and Sleep Score, and how these may correlate to performance on the course.

Thank you again for the opportunity!

I own and use the S42 model along with the Arccos system. The use of the Arccos system is brand new, so still have not decided on where I stand with keeping it. Testing this newest version of the Garmin would be a great opportunity for me to make that decision. I like my current S42, but do struggle with the outdated technology, and need to figure out where to go next. Hopefully I can test and get that new technology with this testing opportunity. 

I’ve had my Garmin Instinct watch for a few years now. I’ve worn it through mud, water during my obstacle course racing days and still love it. Would love to see how these new models stack up. 

Oh man, this is right up my alley. I currently use a Fitbit Inspire 3 to keep track of all my daily exercise, resting heart rate, calories burned, among several other things. I also use the Arccos system to keep track of club distances. These three screen shot are of this week alone. To be able to compare the Fitbit to the Garmin watch (which I have been watching and drooling over for a while now) as far as accuracy, consistency and other metrics would be awesome. Plus compare yardage on course to my laser range finder.

IMG_2120.png

IMG_2121.png

IMG_2122.png

Love my S70. I look forward to seeing how the testers like the CT10 sensors. Good luck to all that enter.

Love my S70. I look forward to seeing how the testers like the CT10 sensors. Good luck to all that enter.

Hey all,

Now, this is a very interesting evaluation/test. It concerns not only golf but also overall health. It would also replace a lot of little things I use to monitor my heart rate and such, GPS and my golf game overall. I would love to be the one to take part in this test as I am returning to play golf and be more active after some medical matters. This would help me regain what I lost and hopefully improve my golf game to another level.

Good luck to all

I'm 68, retired, and play several times a week. The idea of correlating fitness and sleep score to golf score sounds very interesting. Can you imagine the lengths golfers would go through to improve their fitness and/or sleep if they have data showing that those efforts would improve their golf scores by 2-6 shots a round?

Currently using the Garmin Descent Mk2 as I have been diving for a living for a while now, golfing with it is just too large for my wrist since the face is 52mm.  I’m excited to have the opportunity to try something a bit smaller for everyday use! 

This Test is now closed to further comments.