Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,044 signups
Equipment Type: Health/Golf Tracking
Vendor: Garmin

Testers Wanted!

2.jpg
Last year, we had a Forum Testing Opportunity for the Garmin S70 watch, which received great results for its high-end feel, look, and of course, performance. For this member testing opportunity, we are taking a different angle and combining the Garmin S70 watch with the Garmin Approach CT10 sensors for a full on and off-course tracking experience.

A Different Kind Of Member Test
The Garmin S70 Life Series member test is going to take performance and tracking to a new level. While we still want to know how the products perform for our selected testers, this opportunity is just as much about how these products set you up to perform at your best. The selected testers will go through this long-term testing opportunity (8 weeks) tracking their Body Battery, Sleep Score, and HRV (heart rate variability) throughout the testing period. They will take these measurements before rounds, after rounds, and even on off days to see how they can help prepare their bodies for success, but also see the effects of their preparation (or lack thereof) on the scorecard. Combined with the Approach CT10 tracking sensors, the selected testers will have access to a full suite of data, stats, and more.

1.jpg

The Testing Opportunity
For this Forum Member Testing Opportunity with Garmin, we are looking for four golfers who are willing to share and explore the full Garmin experience with the S70 watch and Approach CT10 sensors. These golfers will test, review, and keep the watch and sensors as part of the member test, all while tracking their results to see how their day-to-day lives affect their golf rounds or how their golf rounds affect their day-to-day lives! We want to know how they score on good days and bad days, how the whole system works together, and if using the Garmin health tracking systems can affect their game to lower their scores.

Think you are ready for the challenge of this long-term member test?

6.jpg
*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum Members living in North America
*Registration closes May 15
*Testers announced on the Forum May 21

4.jpg

258 Comments

Such an awesome test idea! I’ve only heard great things about the S70 but would love to see for myself. I’m typically a pad and pen tracker of shots, distances and mistakes on the course and do the same with my workout routine. It would be awesome to bring those two things to one place with Garmin!

Previously, I had the full Arccos Connect set up and used that for my first full golf season and liked it fine but didn’t enjoy the interface and found the sensors to be less that ideal at times. From there I switched to tracking rounds on the Golfshot app and supplementing with my own journal. From what I’ve read, Garmin may have the best solution to shot tracking paired with a sweet watch and interface. Looking forward to seeing how this test goes!

This would be interesting since I have CAD and high blood pressure. I do have some measure with a fit bit but this would take it to another level.

Have been using Apple Watch plus the GHIN app. Has been less than ideal and kills my watch battery. Seems like this would be a massive upgrade 

What a great opportunity to try the new S70, especially for a tech junkie like me. Currently using a SkyCaddie to track my shots and haven’t been able to track other fitness related information (steps, Crossfit related stats) since my Apple Watch broke. 

Have signed up to test the S70 and would be able to compare to my current Arccos tracking system. The health tracking is a bonus as then wouldnt need to do a woop additionally. 

I'm a huge fan of these watches.  I had an S62 that I used religiously for 2 years, then it stopped working.  I called Garmin support, and even though I was past my warranty they said to send back and they would send me a refurbished model.  Unfortunately the refurbished model only worked for 2 rounds before it died.

Would love to test the crap out of this watch.

When I used the S62 I used it for club tracking, virtual caddie, the wind direction thingie, the gps of the hole, heart beat monitor, pedometer, stress monitoring thingie, etc.  Love the course stats, and performance stats, and tracks the total distances for each club.  I also loved being able to get text messages on it as well.

These watches have everything a golfer or fitness nut would want/need.  Whomever gets chosen will love the watch I'm sure.

Thank you Garmin and MYGolfSpy!

I am a current Arccos user (have been for about 5 years).  So far this year, it has been failing at tracking even though I have a couple of new sensors.  I am not sure what is going on with my arccos.  It worked well until last year and this year it is failing.  I was leaning toward getting the shotscope, but if I could test out this combination, that would be great.

I’m a big fan of having a dedicated ecosystem for tracking data. Would be awesome to give this a shot vs the multi watch+phone app extravaganza I have going on now.

I currently wear a Garmin Vivoactive, but honesty use it more for connectivity and alerts more than fitness.  I have found that the HR sensors aren't nearly accurate when compared to a chest band, so I never really explored digging into the fitness aspect.  The S70 though has their new sensors and I would love to give them a try as I've heard from a friend that lost over 50 lbs with his new Garmin that the sensors are very much improved compared to past models. 

I also do a lot of yoga for mobility on the course to make my swing fluid and long without sacrificing control, so I wonder how my yoga days impact my readiness.  And I hit the gym with some pretty basic weight routines about 2x a week.  I've never really paid attention to when/how to prepare my body though, so this could be very cool if the Garmin can sort of "coach" you through your weekly routines in preparation for golf.  Would love to see how it impacts my scores in my weekly league. 

Should be a good test!

Awesome opportunity. I've had the S70 for almost a year and freaking love it. Golf stats and tracking is amazing, and the health tracking is also super accurate and useful. I've been looking to add the CT10 sensors to get better data/improvement out of my short game, which is the only gap the S70 has.

I have been thinking about the upgrade for a while now.  Both my oldest son and I have the s42 from Garmin. To be honest we got them because of the price difference.  I am a Garmin guy though all my fishing and hunting stuff are Garmin from the sos, an instinct, hand held gps, 

4 hours ago, ccorea75 said:

I am a big believer that in order to play your best you should be at your top fitness levels..........that is until I put away a few cold ones and shoot lights out......I would be interested in seeing how my fitness changes my game. Thanks for all you do to bring these new items to our forum!!!!

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink, because when they get up in the morning, it's as good as they'll feel all day." - Sinatra

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for this incredible opportunity. 

I'm a big believer in the saying, "if you can measure it, you can improve it." I've seen it work in my academic and professional life, but I really need to start doing it for my own health and to improve my golf game. The Garmin S70 seems like the perfect all in one tool for just that and I'd love to be able to put it to the test. 

Good luck everyone! 

Would love to see how this stacks up to other trackers I've used like WHOOP and the Apple Watch.  Using 3 separate apps at the moment to track sleep, activity, and golf. 

Great opportunity! Thanks MGS and Garmin. I currently use a S62 and CT10 sensors testing the S70 would be easy. I love the Garmin systems I use many of their products around health tracking. I was diagnosed with a heart condition a few years back and Garmin has helped me track many aspects ofy life to get healed and enjoy life to the fullest while staying safe. 

I’m really excited about this test!  For the past 4 years I’ve worn a Whoop device which measures cardiovascular strain, recovery (through Sleep score, HRV, respiration, RHR, etc. through different activities) and I love the data I get from it, including the sometimes surprising difference between how I feel vs what my body is prepared to tackle any given day.  

I’ve used a Bushnell rangefinder for years because I like the ability to shoot distances to things other than just the flag: bridge, water’s edge, trap… I started using ARCCOS sensors about a month ago because I also wanted more on course round data and club info without dragging my Rhapsodo all over the course or having to manually enter the info myself like I did for The Grint and in my daily golf journal.  They have been great so far, especially helping me figure out where to best focus my between round practice sessions by checking the SG for each part of my game.

My golfing buddy in town has a Garmin and loves it, and it gives him almost everything I’m getting from four devices, and he can check messages, look at weather, etc.  The Whoop is all app driven - there’s no screen on the body worn unit, which is honestly better for someone like me who has severe ADHD and OCD - I’d probably be looking at it too much during the round.  But I can’t help thinking about what it would be like to have everything in one comprehensive connected system instead of my current Inspector Gadget/shanking-Tin-Cup setup.

Good luck to everyone - if I can’t be a tester I’ll be eager to hear feedback from the lucky ones who can!

I use the second gen Arccos and they drop shots every round. Would be interesting to see how well these do 

I've been using my Garmin Approach G8 for years. I also use a Garmin Smart watch. However I've been considering getting a golf GPS watch for a few years now. This would be a good opportunity for me to have the benefits of both worlds. Good luck to everyone!

Currently use a Apple Watch series 3, with the Hole19 app for GPS and golf tracking.  This still requires juggling between the watch and phone to use all the (free) features.  Watch is only good for distance.  Phone is used for scoring and visualizing the hole and distances to hazards.  I don't have the subscription premium version that provides the shot tracking, but have always been interested in how the golf club sensors might be able to improve my game.  I feel like the sensors make things more hands off, and just allow you to golf.  I've golf with others who use a Garmin watch for golfing, and they were definitely happy with it.

Very interesting opportunity! Golf is definitely more than just a swing, the mental and physical elements are truly important. Can’t wait to see results!

This is an interesting one. Not just gps and shot tracking, but testing a holistic approach to the game and life. 
Can a good night’s sleep help your game?  Will playing alter that night’s sleep patterns?  And could other physical activity play a role in either or both?
I am intrigued.

This Test is now closed to further comments.