Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
9,244 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Vice

ViceIronsFeature.jpg

We are always excited when we can bring fresh, new products to the MyGolfSpy Member Testing platform, especially when said products have created buzz and questions surrounding them. The new irons from Vice Golf fit this mold to a tee, and we are thrilled to have our members get their hands on them for testing.

About Vice Golf Irons

Vice Golf made a big leap by entering the golf club market. The Wunderkind line of irons consists of the VGI01 and VGI02 irons. With many DTC (direct-to-consumer) brands producing irons, it would be easy to think these are template irons. However, that thought would be wrong.

Vice Golf partnered with the largest golf fitting and building company in Europe, called HIO. The two used all their combined expertise and knowledge to build the new irons. In addition, all Vice Golf clubs will be built in-house at the HIO headquarters in Munich, Germany.

ViceIronsTW.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We will be selecting four golfers to test, review, and keep a set of Vice Golf irons. Two testers will be selected to test the game improvement offering, the VGI02 irons. Another two will test the players' irons, the VGI01.

The VGI02 irons, as stated, are a game improvement offering. They have a 2-piece cast head with minimal offset and slight heel weighting to increase face closure. The head is also lighter to help promote increased swing speed. All of these characteristics are focused on making the game easier for mid to high handicap golfers.

The VGI01 is a triple-forged hollow body head that also boasts a milled finish. It features a low-offset design with a thin topline and slightly longer heel-to-toe construction for improved forgiveness. Built as a player's iron, it is meant for the mid to low handicap golfer who still wants a little bit of help.

Are you interested in being a tester and providing feedback on the Vice Golf irons?

ViceGIIrons.jpg

*This test is open to right-handed forum members only.

*Registration closes June 20.

*Testers will be announced June 25 on the Forum.

283 Comments

2 minutes ago, HikingMike said:

Interesting. So they aren't designed from templates or open designs. And they will be built in Munich. Out of curiosity, how much of "built" does "built" mean? Do we know where the clubheads are/will be produced, or where forging is done? @GolfSpy_APH That's great you got to see them in person already. 

2-piece hollow body for the VGI01 - interesting. Wow they look great.

Full assembly of the clubs is done in house. When I was there they were painting putters and the boxes of shafts were arriving. 

If have to ask where the heads are manufactured, but we went through various versions and iterations along with the whole process.

The brand Helix, which many won't know is clubs and shafts these guys have designed prior. They have a ton of experience to draw from. 

What an intriguing testing opportunity.  Vice makes excellent golf balls, and I have seen good reviews of the clubs thus far.  Vice is rising!  Good luck to all applicants!  

Awesome opportunity to test out these new Irons. As soon as they hit the market, I have been curious how they would compare to some of the other brands who have been producing irons for decades.  Would love the chance to try them out, but I would also love to hear other's feedback on the irons.

Wow, these irons look sharp! I love my PXGs but always consider new brands. hopefully get picked for this one!🤞

I use Vice golf balls exclusively and would love to test these irons! I have been disappointed in my TaylorMade irons and was planning on making a switch after the summer. Such a great brand!

I have experience making YouTube videos and reviews, so I would be a perfect candidate to test these clubs. 

Good luck everyone. These look like fantastic irons and whoever gets to try them out are very lucky. 

... I'm a definite fan of their golf balls, been using the Pro Shade's for well over a year and have no complaints at all! Can't wait to see how the new irons fare in a lucky handful of testers hands! Good luck to everyone who enters! 

Impressed by the looks. Will absolutely be following this one for the reviews. Good luck to the 4 lucky testers for these clubs. Cheers!

This is a sweet opportunity.  Been playing Vice golf balls since they came out in 2012.  I wish they still offered the matte finish that they had when they first entered the market.  But I've learned to live with what they offer.  Convinced quite a few friends to play them as well.  Currently playing the Mizuno MP 18.  Would love to see how the VGI01's stack up against them.  Edit: thought I would add a photo for some context. I have towels and markers too but those are harder to gather up. 

IMG_5002.jpeg

Love the vice products I already use. Curious to see if the clubs are as good as the balls they make

These irons look fantastic!  Hoping they perform as good as they look for whoever is chosen.  Thank you Vice and MGS!

I've been a big fan of Vice golf balls for years.  The clubs look awesome, if they can perform and hit a good price point, they could be a real competitor in the DTC space.  Thanks for bringing this opportunity to the MGS community.  

Excited by these. Don't seem to be fully DTC pricing with a 7 club set coming in above $1K, so my expectations are a bit higher. 

Big Vice fan here, I game the vice pro plus ball. I enjoy them but I’m nervous about buying direct to consumer clubs without testing them. Good luck to all that apply!

As an avid fan of Vice Golf balls, I would be so blessed to have the opportunity to test these new Player irons! Considering I've been playing Golden Bear Blades since 1986, it is time for an update to my irons!

I didn't even know they made clubs! I love the look of the less offset. I would definitely be interested in giving these a thorough review in my simulator and out on the course. 

Love the Vice Pro balls. Timing for this testing would be perfect with my trip to Pinehurst coming up. What better way to put clubs through a real test than 5 rounds in 4 days at one of the best golf getaways in the country?

Good Luck Everyone

The VGI01 look nice. Just got some Blueprint T's but these look the part. 

My vice wedges just shipped 2 days ago! I can't wait to get them. These would be awesome to try out with my new wedges!!

I feel like Vice is really coming into it's own as a powerhouse brand now. The new balls that came out recently have been top shelf - and I feel like these irons will follow suit. Really great opportunity to test these out and see how they compare to traditional brand names for irons.

Whoa! The number of sign ups for this one is wildly impressive! Good luck to those who are selected out of the 9000+ who signed up. I don't recall any other testing opportunity that achieved so many sign-ups! 

This Test is now closed to further comments.