Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,706 signups
Equipment Type: Virtual Golf
Vendor: GOLF+

TWGOLFfeature.jpg

Continuing our trend of bringing varied opportunities to the MyGolfSpy Forum community, we have one that brings the golf course and your game to your living room with GOLF+ and the world of virtual golf.

About GOLF+ 

GOLF+ is the official VR golf game of the PGA Tour. Take a stroll through St Andrews, test your game at Pinehurst No. 2 or immerse yourself in the raucous excitement of the 16th hole at TPC Scottsdale. GOLF+ offers daily tournaments, a variety of multiplayer modes, 20 different real-world courses (and counting) and physics engineered by tens of thousands of real-world swings. GOLF+ is built BY golfers, for golfers.

TWGOLF2.jpg

The Testing Opportunity 

We are searching for three golfers to test and review the full GOLF+ experience. GOLF+ is available exclusively on the Meta Quest platform. Don’t have a headset? Not to worry. Testers will receive a Meta Quest 3 headset as well as a golf club controller attachment to bring the game to life.

For this testing opportunity, we want golfers to not only review the product and its features but also to compete against each other in tournaments and matches with members of the GOLF+ team.

We want to know how this virtual experience compares to your real-life experience. Can it take the place of a weekly round if the weather isn’t cooperating? Can it help provide accurate feedback on your swing and even improve your game?

The final portion of this testing opportunity includes the GOLF+ TOUR where our testers will compete with the rest of the GOLF+ community to see where they stack up.

Think you are able to take on fellow members in a virtual tournament? Are you ready to chronicle your journey through the GOLF+ virtual experience and provide feedback to our community?

TWGOLF!.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum members.

*Registration closes July 11. 

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on July 16.

153 Comments

What an amazing opportunity to test such an amazing piece of equipment.

I have never used VR headsets before so this would be an all new experience for me. 

Fingers crossed to everyone for this one. 

Not gonna lie, this looks pretty cool. But I stink at video games. LOL I'd probably just destroy my living room in the process. 

This is a great opportunity to test out some VR, especially when it's 100° out and so muggy.  Play St. Andrews in your living room in the a/c? Certainly!!  🥽+🏌️‍+🆒=😁

Watched a few YouTube videos on this and it looks way too fun. Would definitely be good for those who can't golf all year and don't wanna deal with those pesky simulators. 

14 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

GOLF+  is also working on a special bundle price for a variety of courses just for our Forum Members. 

This will be great. I just ordered a Quest 3 a few weeks ago to give VR golf a try. If I can get a deal on it even better

As a dad that tries to “squeeze” as much golf as I can while enjoying family time, this would be AMAZING! 

looking forward to the test and testers. 

My wife has taken a new job and we're about to relocate to France. We currently live in UT now and i'm carrying a 10 handicap. Once we move, I'm going to lose alot of opportunity to play, and genuinely would love to see if this would satiate the itch that I have for the game. I've played since I was a kid, all through school, and after a back surgery and some time away from the game have fallen more in love with it than ever. It is one of the things I'll miss most. Don't get me wrong, I'm brining my sticks for the local pitch and putt/driving range; but the distance and accessibility to proper golf courses is less than desirable. 

Good luck to all but wanted to express how cool this would be, and if not chosen, I look forward to the reviews. 

This is absolutely awesome!!! I grew up playing Tiger Woods on Xbox. My golf partner would come over and we'd play all night. I'm sure my 2 young proteges(9 & 12 year old sons) would school me on this, but regardless...what a great way to spend winters in Iowa!!! 😃

This i really cool opportunity and a bit out of the norm. Welcome to the future of video games.

Being a 1 legged man this could real be fun. I normally play 4 days a week and the Trec can be daunting. I also play an awful lot of PlayStation Golf. I would love to see how it compares.

This would be awesome to test as I don’t have room for a simulator.  Good luck all

Good luck to all on this one. As an avid golfer and gamer I have been keeping my eyes on the golf+ reviews. Looking forward to hearing golf spy feedback!! 

As a New Englander I am restricted by the weather when it comes to playing golf.  It is July and I am just getting my swing to a steady place.  This VR golf game system would be a god-send.  As a hobby, years ago, I have built a stand alone computer from the ground up.  So, VR will not be beyond my Hi-Tech level.

This looks really cool. I love simulators especially to practice/golf in the off season. I really would love to try this out!!!

I would appreciate the opportunity to test one of these units.  I live in Hong Kong where it is difficult at best to get on “grass”.  An opportunity to test this device in my fairly small apartment would be wonderful and I am sure I can do give an accurate review.  Thank you for the opportunity.

Sky

I would love to compare this to the play of

EA SPORTS PGA TOUR 

I love the Road to the Masters

MGS is killing it with these simulator-type testing opportunities! What a dream for those fellow number nerds that spend entirely too long at Golf Galaxy while their significant others get increasingly annoyed! Good luck all.

On 7/6/2024 at 2:26 AM, Wolfstrum said:

I will be curious to hear from the testers how realistic the golf mechanics of the simulation are. Does is correctly capture your slice and other miss hits?  How does it or doesn’t it translate to the RL game of golf. Either way getting a chance to virtually play some major bucket list courses is a cool opportunity. 

Good luck to those that register for this test. I will definitely be following the results. 

Exactly!! I’m super curious if the equipment will be able to capture face angles, slight wrist action, and any other overall swing quirks. If someone always has to play a slice, would they have to in VR or is that a setting possibly? Looking at equipment vs SIM golf you can own the META 3 and Golf+ for what you’d spend for maybe 10-12 hrs in a SIM? Very interested in this test… really hope to get selected (not gonna lie)

This Test is now closed to further comments.