Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,427 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: Volvik

TW-Volvik.jpg

Volvik makes the best, highest-performing golf balls with a matte finish. Or at least, this is what they claim. We are already in the process of having the tour-level Volvik Condor and Condor X golf balls tested, but not all golfers want or need a tour-level golf ball. This is where the Volvik Vivid golf ball enters the market.

The newest version of the Vivid series was released in February of this year and is available in seven colors, all of which are sure to catch the attention of playing partners.

The Volvik Vivid golf ball is a 3-piece golf ball designed to be longer and more accurate with better visibility. It features a patented Nano Bi Core blend that adjusts in different temperatures to provide maximum energy transfer. The mid-layer is made of ionomer construction to further enhance ball speeds and reduce side spin. Then there is the infamous cover: a patented SF Matte surface finish that is highly visible and offers improved spin and durability. The last feature on these golf balls is their V-Focus alignment aid. Featuring a triple-line design, Volvik states the narrow line works as a multidirectional visual key system to better help golfers with alignment.

VividCombo.jpg

The Testing Opportunity 

We are looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep two dozen Volvik Vivid golf balls in a color of their choice. Are you a golfer who uses matte or colored golf balls? We want to see how these compare to others in the same market space to determine if these are really the best-performing golf balls with a matte or colored finish.

If you are a golfer who uses colored golf balls, this may be the perfect test for you!

*This testing opportunity is open to registered forum members worldwide.

*Registration ends July 17.

*Testers announced on the Forum on July 23.

79 Comments

I've tried the Callaway and Titleist offerings and Matt balls are definitely my go to, this would a good opportunity to motivate myself down to the SIM Golf centre and get my numbers done for the first time 

I'm getting older, and the bright colored balls are easier to track.  I'd love to give them a try.   I've played the red matte tru-feels and they are terrible around the greens.   Thanks for the oppurtunity. 

I played a personalized Vivid for a couple years and still have a soft spot for them. It would be awesome to try the current model after pandemic and model changes. I have bounced from Titleist to Maxfli S to Snell 3.0 to now a firmer Srixon Z Star in the heat of the summer. I used to love the older series  matte yellow.

Eyesight an issue, colored balls very helpful. in past have used Volvik, very good distance!

Best to all that apply and are selected.

Looking forward to seeing how these compare to others in the marketplace.

As some folks have seen by my posts, I’m starting to look at “hi viz” balls but also reconsidering the ball I use. Volvik wasn’t on my radar, so I’m looking forward to this test!

I'm a big fan of colored golf balls. Specifically matte finish. I'm looking for a matte ball that doesn't have spin issues.

Oh my!  Looks like every company will be pushing yellow/colored balls mid year!!!  I love it!  Good luck everyone 

I've tested these balls before, the original version. They were extremley long but pretty low spinning. Felt a bit harder off the face and didn't spin a while bunch around the green. Very straight ball though I'll give it that. I'd be interested to see if they have made any improvements.

I recently read that matte balls were not good and Ifor one will try anything to see if it will improve my game and i do see the ball better if colored

I love the yellow colours, and have been looking at their Marvel range also, really like them!

It will be a treat to test these!

Look forward to participating in this trial.  Eyes are not what they used to be and would like to try a some different colored balls.  Also interested in the spin performance as I've read that matte balls are not that great on spin.  

I normally play ProV1X but would like to compare more affordable and visible alternatives. Especially when it's cloudy.

I played the Vivid years ago, but eventually moved on to the Supersoft. I would like to revisit that choice.

I have played Volvik balls and liked them. I live in a Southern CA coastal area and the bright color ball is much easier to see in flight on the hazy mornings.  I would be curious to see how this new ball matches up with my current ball (Callaway supersoft). 

YES a golf ball I can test. I don’t sign up for them because of the color. In my old age, I can’t play a white ball. So it is great to see testing of color golf balls. Looking forward to the overt unity to be chosen.

Happy Golfing!! 

I'll be curious to see if the ball has improved spin and increased ball speeds as advertised.  They are easy to see especially when clouds make it tough to see the white golf balls.  Good luck.

This Test is now closed to further comments.