Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,967 signups
Equipment Type: Fitting App
Vendor: Vokey

TestersWantedWFA.jpg

Can 15 minutes and 15 swings make for better wedge play? This is what the Vokey Wedge Fitting app aims to do. Traditionally, wedge fittings are best made outside on grass, in the rough, and especially out of bunkers to see what wedges best fit your game. Between loft and grind options, wedges are one of the more complicated areas of golf, and getting it wrong can make the game a whole lot harder than it already is.

How Does This Work? 

The Vokey Wedge Fitting app, unlike other online apps, is an in-person fitting where a fitter can match you into the ideal loft, bounce, and grind combinations in a matter of 15 minutes. This starts with a player interview to go over your game and tendencies, followed by the hitting portion of the fitting session. Here, you will take a series of shots where the app will calculate the best options for you based on the launch monitor data provided.

Key areas that are focused on are a player’s angle of attack and shaft lean at impact. Combining these data points with the various shots they hit (roughly 15 in total) is enough for the Vokey Wedge Fitting app to provide a full assessment of what wedges the golfer should be using.

TVWFA-studio.jpg

The Testing Opportunity 

Don’t worry; there is more to this test than just the app and fitting experience. We want four testers to go through the Vokey Wedge Fitting app with a certified Titleist fitter and share their experience, including what it was like and how accurate they feel the results were. The testers will then receive the wedges chosen by the app to put them through on-course testing to see how the results match up.

We want to know if this could really replace a full wedge fitting. Can an indoor wedge fitting on a mat with only 15 swings really be just as good as an outdoor fitting? Let’s find out.

VWFAComputer.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum members.

*Registration closes July 17.

*Testers will be announced on the Forum on July 23.

141 Comments

It's amazing how fast technology has advanced the game of golf. From gps devices, scopes, flight monitors, & apps. I remember the "old" days of using a tape measure, and marking tape to fit yourself!!!

My kids have it so much better, but part of me wishes they had experienced the OG trials & tribulations!!!

Good luck to all testers!

With 10 years of Digital UX experience, I’m excited to see how this app performs and if it meets expectations and delivers users the confidence in club selection. 

Great test for the complete buyer’s journey. Will there be buyer’s remorse…or user evangelism?! 

Good luck everyone! 

I signed up. I am curious to how this works. Hoping it does so I can avoid the high fitting fees these days. A little skeptical that 15 swings (without a pro looking at my swing) will produce a wedge for me. But willing to take a chance and try it.

Love the opportunity you guys are offering on multiple test. Excited to hopefully try this. Got back into the game 4 years ago and playing some taylormade milled grind wedges, been in the market and ready for an upgrade!

Would really love to get some new wedges!  I currently game some SM6 wedges which I bought off the rack when I was very new to the game and didnt really understand the benefits of fitting.  Since then, I have done an iron fitting, putter fitting, and driver fitting respectively as I have upgraded my bag.  At this point my wedges are the only thing that has not been fit to me!

A little skeptical that they can fit you in 15 swings and completely narrow down the grinds, lofts, bounce that you will need, but I would love to try it out and test them on the course!

I have all Vokey's of varying ages grinds and bounces. I don't know what they'd do with me considering I'm a one club, multiple shots with the 60 and use the 52 and 56 almost exclusively for full shots. I'd need 15 shots just to play the variety of ones I use for the 60 and another 15 to match up my 56 and 52 usage.

On 7/13/2024 at 12:05 AM, Josh Ross said:

Super cool test here! As a wedge free agent now, I'm super interested in this and how well it works.

Really want to get fit for wedges. I have played around with too many brands over the years.

Really want to get fit for wedges. I have played around with too many brands over the years.

Wedges are a huge weakness in my game this would be a great opportunity to see if something like this could make a difference.  I lose easily 5-10 strokes inside 100 yards / round.

Would love to try an updated wedge fitting. I feel like mine are outdated and my lofts may be slightly off. This is a HUGE area of the game that small improvements can make a big difference in score.

Good luck to all who are selected. 

Interesting timing. I am in need of a new set of wedges. Would love to experience the Titleist fitting. I was previously able to test a set of Cleveland wedges, and would love to compare the two experiences.

This is a really great opportunity!  I much prefer the idea of an actually fitting over answering a few questions online.  I've been thru the Vokey online questionnaire and was quite skeptical that it could select the best lofts and grinds for my game.  I have one Vokey wedge (SM6) and love it.  I have been interested in replacing my other two wedges for more consistency.  It would be really great to be able to hone in on my entire wedge game all at once.  Best of luck to those selected.

Would be a great opportunity to be fitted for a wedge. I've done driver and iron fittings but never fitted for a wedge. Good luck all!

Very interesting for someone like me who lives in the middle of nowhere with a 4 hour drive to get fit.  Could save a ton of time and money.

This Test is now closed to further comments.