Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,012 signups
Equipment Type: irons
Vendor: PXG

Testers Wanted

TWFeature.jpg

MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to announce a new release testing opportunity from PXG. This is the first time PXG has ever participated in member testing, and there couldn't be a better product than their newly announced Gen 7 irons and Black Ops irons.

About PXG

It’s no surprise that PXG is a polarizing brand. Since their inception in 2013, they have been bold and, for some, brash. The evolution of PXG has been fascinating to follow as they transitioned from a boutique, high-priced, exclusive brand to a company offering a range of options with price points that will suit most, if not all, golfers.

PXG places significant focus on fitting, ensuring customers have the proper products to get the best performance from their game. This is evident with their various in-store fitting options (at PXG-specific or partner stores) and the option of over-the-phone fittings.

PXG also offers their PXG for Heroes program, which provides first looks, discounts, and more for active duty, veterans, first responders, and law enforcement personnel. It is a “Thank You” to all those who have served and is a core pillar of the brand.

0311P.jpg

The PXG Perception

As mentioned earlier, PXG is a polarizing brand. This was evident in the 2022 Brand Perception Survey done by MyGolfSpy, where results were varied. PXG ranked high with related words such as Modern, Premium, Engineering, and Innovation, while also ranking high with less positive keywords such as Hype, Follower, and Gimmick.

When brands are louder, there will be more people on each side of the fence, compared to those straddling it, which is why these results are not surprising.

This brings us to a key point: does it matter? If a product performs or outperforms what is in your bag, will it, or can it, change your perception? Could it make some of those negative associations fade away?

BlackOps.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are looking for six golfers to test, review, and keep a set of PXG Gen 7 irons or PXG Black Ops irons. We will be selecting three for each, and while we have no specifications or further details to share with you (those will be released soon), we are thrilled to provide this early opportunity to our members.

What is your brand bias towards PXG? Do you think it will make you the perfect tester?

Let us know!

0311XP.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to registered forum members in North America.
*Registration closes August 4.
*Testers will be announced August 6.

393 Comments

The lack of accessibility to try PXG has always been something that has steered me away from them. Be great to try them but also to hear others opinions on how they feel compared to their current set.  

My first fitting was with PXG. I made the mistake of getting a full bag, which narrowed the aperture of what I would hit better. However, I’ve gamed the hybrids and 0211 irons for the past five years and love them. Even the 0211’s are very forgiving while allowing a fairly consistent shot shape.  This would be an amazing opportunity to see if the irons have improved on an already good thing. 

The quality of the build and fitting process will surprise many I believe. I predict the brand will stay in the bags of most testers

Love a company that proudly supports heros of all kinds!!! Good luck to all who entered! 

Would love to test out PXG irons! I don't have the opportunity where I am at to test them in person, so this would be a heck of a chance to compare them to my current setup. Everything I hear about PXG's iron line has me wanting to try them more and more, would love to be chosen!

I would say it's been a while since I posted here, but testing these PXG irons would make my year! I am an unapologetic PXG fan, with their 0211 irons I purchased sight unseen while I was traveling in Myrtle Beach, to my twice-fitted Gen 6 driver (long story). Even after getting fitted for their Gen 6 driver, I used to go hit other drivers at my local Golf Galaxy to see if there was anything better or with faster ball speeds. I just wasn't sure if PXG equipment could really hang with the "big boys", especially as the chorus of praise continually gets heaped on Paradym, G430 or Stealth. The 0211 irons have been amazing, and it is my first foray into graphite shafts. I would be keen to try steel shafts again as my game is certainly more than enough to handle them. How good could these Gen 7 or Black Ops irons be when the lowly 0211's are unbelievable? I'd be excited to find out.

I go back and forth on PXG. I’ve hit their clubs a few times, and I always feel like they’re missing one small piece when compared to the established OEM’s like Titleist, TaylorMade and Ping. As for the perception, they started out as a flashy, in your face type brand being played by every Golf Bro out there. But people have an undying love for them, almost reminiscent of the die-hard Mizuno lovers (and that’s coming from someone who swears by Mizuno irons).

Amazing opportunity!  I hit a friend's PXG iron many years ago and it felt incredible.  I will be in the market for a complete bag replacement before long and planned to check out everything including PXG.  Excited to hear the results of this testing opportunity.

Would love to test and compare a new set PXG irons to my current ping iron set. Looking to upgrade anyways. Good luck!

Excited to potentially be apart of the test. All the guys I know who play PXG have gained distance and accuracy. Maybe the same could be true for the testers

be interesting to try these out or follow this thread.  PXG has always been an after brand thought for me. I keep forgetting about it when looking for club options.  Had at one time heard they were beyond expensive- which would be too rich for me.  But love how the brand gives back to the vets. kudos for them to do that.

Always wanted to try PXG irons but always ended up with a more established brand like Mizuno and Titleist irons, this is  because they are not available to demo anywhere near me the couple of times that I am in the market for a new set so I ended up getting that one that I can actually demo and try out. 

I bought a set of Gen3 irons from a buddy when he upgraded a couple of seasons ago, have gamed them ever since. I can assure you, the quality is legit. Personally, I’d love to see how these newer generations of irons compare. May the odds be ever in your favor 🙂

I was a PXG naysayer in the beginning based on the price tags.  But since then and after buying a used set of Gen 4 irons and woods, I am drinking the kool aid! 

I would love to be a tester of the Gen 7 irons!

This WILL be interesting!

It is great they are going to open themselves up the the MGS world of real-people testing.

I have a Gen 4 driver, not at all happy with it (but I rehosted on a ladies shaft and my wife does like it).

It has been a couple of years since I tried the irons (probably also Gen 4) at a demo day.  I was definitely more drawn to the Mizuno, Wilson Staff and Titleist options based on feel. 

And torn by the look!  I are an enguneer so like the look, but not as much as a razor sharp blade.

Having lost my mind I just bought a set of the Cobra RF copper MBs and they are VERY pretty and feel like butter when I strike pure (perform minor dental work when I don't).  The Cobras are way prettier but may only make it into my game on special (foolish) occasions.  My normal gamer is the TourEdge C721s which tolerate my heel strikes a little better.

I love that the PXGs are made in Amurica and have such a strong focus on Military and First Responders. 

Maybe between some grass-roots testing and (hopefully) some less stratospheric pricing this will be a boost for PXG.

This is going to be a cool test!

Fantastic!!  These are so new I can't even find them on the PXG website. I did a fitting at PXG last year and was super impressed by the facility, personnel, and... most importantly... the product.  Their GEN5 and 6 irons outperformed my ZX5's by a little bit and they have been on my watch list ever since.  So I would expect the GEN7's to be similar but with further fine tuning.  But what about these "Black Op's" irons?  What is the construction and key design attributes?

Big shout out to PXG and our MGS staff for making this test opportunity available! 👏 

Just bought a set of Gen 5 311P irons and really like them. Looking forward to seeing the gen 7s and Black Ops reviews and feedback.

4 hours ago, CFreddie said:

Awesome news - excited to have PXG grow the (growing) stable of tests here! Good luck to all the entrants!!!

1 hour ago, pkowski said:

I play 3 sets of clubs for homes in CO, FL and NY my most recent purchase was a full set of PXG Gen 5 clubs, irons, woods, putter bag... they are my favorite and the ones I use most often.  

16 Handicap, 71 years young, fit and active.  Would love to test and compare PXG's latest offering to my current PXG sticks and could evaluate against my Mizuno Irons/Ping Woods set and Wilson Irons/Ping Woods set.  thanks. Paul C

Playing PXG Gen 5 driver and 3 wood and would love to try the new black ops lineup 

I've heard great feedback on the Gen 5 irons from a friend, so I'm interested on what the testers think. Love the look of both and hoping the bark can deliver the bite.

This Test is now closed to further comments.