Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,957 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Clubs
Vendor: Titleist

TWFeature.jpg

Titleist has introduced the GT Drivers and fairways, signifying Generational Technology, marking a significant shift in materials, construction, and performance from their previous TS models. Despite appearances suggesting minimal change, substantial advancements lie beneath the surface.

Titleist's goal was to enhance performance without altering the familiar look and feel. This approach ensures that players have a familiarity with their clubs year over year while hopefully experiencing performance gains. The GT models feature refined aerodynamics, with changes focused on the underside to reduce drag and increase speed, notably through the raised aft section.

Tony Covey and Chris Nickel have done full breakdowns and articles on both the drivers and fairway woods which can be found here drivers) and here (fairway woods). Here is a brief overview to whet your appetite.

TitleistGT.jpg

The New GT Line

The introduction of Split Mass Construction redistributes weight to the driver’s perimeter, enhancing stability and optimizing performance. Additionally, the GT lineup incorporates a seamless thermoform composite crown, marking a departure from previous designs. This innovative crown integrates a Proprietary Matrix Polymer (PMP), improving acoustics and mimicking the sound of titanium.

The GT drivers emphasize lowering the center of gravity, promoting consistent spin rates and enhancing forgiveness. Titleist’s Speed Ring with Variable Face Thickness (VFT) face technology aims to boost speed across the face, catering to off-center hits.

Titleist offers three GT driver models models (GT2, GT3, GT4) and two GT fariway wodo models (GT2 and GT3)

Each model maintains a familiar look but with significant improvements in speed, consistency, and overall performance. Titleist's approach ensures that while much has evolved, the essence of the driver remains unchanged, catering to both average golfers and Tour pros. The new GT family embodies the philosophy of advancing technology without compromising the core attributes that define Titleist drivers.

TitleistGT2.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are searching for four golfers to test, review and keep a GT driver and fairway wood from Titleist. Testers will be fit through a Titleist certified fitter and will receive the clubs which they are fit for. 

Titleist has made some bolder claims with this line, and the name indicates this is a big leap forward. So can it be true? We want to see how this new line performs in the hands of our members and everyday golfers. 

*Go to https://www.titleist.com/gt-metals 
*Build your set and post screenshot of results/dream set!

*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum members. 
*Registration closes Aug 7.
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Aug 13. 

1,041 Comments

I have been looking forward to the release of these clubs since I heard the positive feedback at The Memorial.

Titleist GT.png

These look amazing.  Titleist were my clubs of choice for a long time!!! I am excited to see these in action, looking forward to all of the reviews.

good luck all!

IMG_3355.png

IMG_3356.png

IMG_3357.png

IMG_3358.png

On 8/1/2024 at 1:35 PM, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Let’s go!!! T series test was amazing to follow last year and this will be no different!

Dream set up

image.png.0642cb24ac98af28350f556cc7f68260.png

Pretty much continuously gamed a Titleist driver since high school and it feels like I've been lost since I traded them in

PXL_20240806_135900984.jpg

18 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Heavy shafts defiantly don't agree with me. Too much work and effort, make others are similar?

I’ve always preferred heavier shafts. It’s more of a feel thing, and the numbers don’t change for me. I’ve especially liked heavier shafts in the titleist drivers I’ve used over the years, but I must admit, I don’t change drivers often… I played a 905s with an old Graffaloy blue x flex for 14 years 😂… went thru 3 shafts in the process. Currently playing the TS4 (for the last 4 years) with a heavy Hazrdus black 6.5. I lose 7-10 yds of carry, but gain about 8 yds in proximity, so I’m hesitant to change.

I'm so in I need it badly my driver still good I always hit the fairway,but I need something more recent from 2024..id like it sooooo.! much..in left handed. Can't wait to see if i am selected to test and make a positive review of it. Thanks for that chance. 

I just had a friend go through the fitting process on the new Titleist GT3 and it's 15 yards longer on average than last years Titleist.  I know everyone says their new line is longer but I'd still love to try it! 

Let’s go!! Driver is favorite club in the bag…and the most fun I have with golf. Would love to test this one out, but very interested in how well the 3 wood performs off the tee as well.

Very cool opportunity! It was so much fun going through and dreaming what my dream set would be.

Screenshot 2024-08-07 100108.png

This would be amazing, especially since my hybrid was pulled out of the used section of Golfsmith. Good luck everyone!

image.png.f9d912848c716cf477d6771bfe334148.png

Would love this opportunity to check out this extremely anticipated GT line. Currently gaming the TSI line in my driver and 3 wood. Would love to see how much better they can make the woods that I consider, the best I’ve ever owned!

IMG_0115.png

IMG_0114.png

This Test is now closed to further comments.