Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,625 signups
Equipment Type: Launch Monitor
Vendor: SkyTrak

7.jpg

Introduction
Skytrak+ is an advanced golf launch monitor that combines photometric and Doppler radar technologies to deliver comprehensive shot data. It provides accurate measurements of key metrics such as ball speed, launch angle, and spin rates, making it a valuable tool for golfers who are serious about improving their game. The device includes features like the Shot Optimizer, which offers instant feedback on shot quality, and a multi-camera system that allows for detailed shot analysis from various angles. Designed for both indoor and outdoor use, Skytrak+ is versatile and portable, catering to golfers at all levels.

8.jpg

Key Features:

Comprehensive Data Tracking: Measures ball speed, launch angle, and spin with high accuracy using dual tracking technology.

Instant Feedback: The Shot Optimizer provides real-time insights into shot consistency and performance.

Detailed Analysis: Multi-camera functionality captures shots from multiple angles for a thorough analysis.

Practice Versatility: Suitable for use both indoors and outdoors, offering various practice modes, including virtual simulations.

Subscription-Based Enhancements: Access to advanced features and simulations through different subscription tiers.

About the Testing Opportunity
We are looking for two forum members to test, review, and keep the Skytrak+ launch monitor. Selected testers will assess the device’s accuracy, ease of use, and overall effectiveness in improving their game. This is an opportunity to see how well the Skytrak+ performs in real-world settings and to provide feedback that will help other golfers make informed decisions.

*Open to Forum members in the U.S.A. only. 
*Must be able to provide indoor and outdoor data. 
*Registration closes Aug 20. 
*Testers to be announced on the Forum Aug 27.

258 Comments

Holy cow!!!! Thank you MGS and Skytrak! It would be super fun to put this to the test against the FlightScope Mevo+.

And with the cooler weather coming, plenty of rounds of golf in the garage and testing at the range. Good luck to all. Interested for sure

18 hours ago, MattF said:

I have one so I will be sitting out this test.

You need to make sure your computer will be able to handle the program that you need to run the ST+, especially the graphics card. An integrated card will not work well, you need a stand alone graphics card for the system to run well.

I'm in the process of putting together a PC just for the ST+ that will run the program because my laptop just won't do it since the last update.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Best of luck.

Following you and you will be my guru on the info I need if selected !

18 hours ago, BLSkee said:

I also have the ST+ already, so won't apply.

I run my sim on an iPad Air, but agree the gaming PC route is probably best, especially since the release of the updated driving ranges and course play. 

(FYI @MattF I'm told these updates may rollout to the iOS users in the fall.)

Anyway, I love my ST+ and use it several times per week. (My only real issues are battery life and the red laser reflection off my clubs.) The sim has been a game changer for me. I'm interested to see what these testers come up with.

Eventually they will be but there's been no firm date mentioned. The new ranges and course play are pretty good when you have the right setup. Unfortunately mine is just unworkable, hence the upgrade I need to make,.

I currently have an OG Skytrak and have used it to reliably see ball data for years with my own YouTube channel. I would love to try the new one, as I've been looking to upgrade. I am especially interested in the club data (without stickers) since the BLP needs these.

This is exciting! I frequently play in a Full Swing simulator and learning the numbers has helped my game immensely. Full Swing setups are pretty pricey and it would be interesting to compare the numbers of SkyTrak. I've been researching launch monitors for home use.  There aren't many lower priced options if you want face/path data and spin axis. Those metrics are key when making swing adjustments.  Good luck to all, but keeping my fingers crossed that I get picked! I would probably use this thing every day of my life, lol. 

PXL_20240103_015501792.jpg

I have one of the previous SkyTraks and would love to compare the new version. I have a simulator room that features an overhead projector, Real Feel mat, TP5 pix balls (they seem to pick up better om the SkyTrak), and an overhead light. My friends gather and play several times a week during the off season so I will be able to get plenty of input from a variety of people. Good luck to whoever gets this nod, it sounds like a great chance to try out what was already an excellent product.

On 8/15/2024 at 5:28 AM, MattF said:

I have one so I will be sitting out this test.

You need to make sure your computer will be able to handle the program that you need to run the ST+, especially the graphics card. An integrated card will not work well, you need a stand alone graphics card for the system to run well.

I'm in the process of putting together a PC just for the ST+ that will run the program because my laptop just won't do it since the last update.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Best of luck.

Sounds like a good excuse for me to upgrade my current PC or build a new one! 🤔

Super excited to have an opportunity to test this product. I have been researching set ups for a garage simulator to use in the winter months in South Dakota. Good luck to everyone.

What a great opportunity! I’m in the middle of researching for a new monitor and this one is on my short list!  Unfortunately I can’t sign up because I live in Canada but looking forward to the reviews since it will help with my decisions!! Thanks MGS staff

What an incredible opportunity for the forum group - thanks mods - I thought you knocked it out of the park with the opportunities last year - turns out that was batting practice or range time compared to this year's tests.  Plus it gets so many of us involved that it keeps more people around on the forums.  

Whoa! This is a big one! A buddy of mine has been dreaming of setting up a SkyTrak simulator in his house. I'll be jealous of the those who are selected for this one!

Given that I currently go to Golf Galaxy to use their simulator, I'd more than welcome the opportunity to use and review the SkyTrak! Good luck to all the spies and from all I've seen thus far, whoever gets the opportunity will surely do a fine job!

On 8/15/2024 at 2:02 AM, Wolfstrum said:

Whats is your opinion for the most forgivin Irons The Callawy Big Bertha Tusgten or the Ping 730 I am 18 HDC and 74 Years Old

They had one of these in one of the bays at the GolfTec I went to last winter. It was a great unit and gave me the same numbers I was seeing on the Trackman in the next bay. Good luck to those that enter!

An opportunity like this is a fleeting moment, take advantage of spending a little time to improve your game, while commenting on and testing one of the best in the business golf capture and gaming devices. Count me in!!

This Test is now closed to further comments.