Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,002 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: PXG

TW_PXGAllan.jpg

Introduction
PXG’s Allan Putter introduces innovative technology aimed at helping golfers achieve greater stability and control on the greens. Featuring Zero Torque Balance Technology, the putter is designed to minimize face twisting during the stroke, helping to keep the putter face square at impact. This technology is beneficial for all stroke types, making it versatile for golfers of varying skill levels. The putter also boasts an S-hosel design for enhanced balance, a Pyramid Face Pattern to improve roll consistency, and a convenient Pick Up Pocket for easy ball retrieval on the green.

Key Features:

• Zero Torque Balance Technology: Reduces the twisting of the putter face during the stroke, promoting more consistent, square impacts.
  • S-hosel Design: Aligns the shaft above the center of gravity, further enhancing stability and reducing the tendency for the putter face to open or close during the stroke.
  • Pyramid Face Pattern: A uniquely milled face pattern designed to improve the interaction between the putter and the ball, providing better distance control and a smoother roll.
  • Pick Up Pocket: A thoughtful design feature that allows golfers to pick up the ball easily without bending over.

PXGAllan1.jpg

What You’ll Be Testing
We’re looking for golfers to test and review the PXG Allan Putter, focusing on its performance and the effectiveness of its key technologies. Does the Zero Torque Balance Technology really help keep the face square? How does the S-hosel design influence your putting stroke? Testers will put these claims to the test, providing detailed feedback on everything from the feel of the putter to the ease of use of the Pick Up Pocket. Your insights will be crucial in helping the MyGolfSpy community understand whether this putter can make a real difference on the green.

Apply Today!

PXGAllan2.jpg

• Open to all registered forum members worldwide.
  • Registration opens Aug. 31 and closes Sept. 6.
  • Selected testers will be announced on the Forum on Sept. 10.

This is your chance to see if the PXG Allan Putter truly elevates your putting game, delivering on its promises of increased stability, control, and convenience on the greens!

287 Comments

I would love to test this putter.  I tried the original lab directed force and could not get past the looks.  This is a normal looking package that does the same thing.  Brilliant!  Count me in to try it if selected.

I have 25+ LABs, a LAB revealer, several putting mats (airbreak, birdieball, others), a Capto, and a putting robot (Iron Archie).  I would be willing to pick up an Axis 1 Rose (out of pocket) to compare against the 3 claiming zero torque in their own way.

I believe I would be best able to review this comparing it against LABs.  I would remain unbiased and give kudos for everything this putter does right while showcasing how it is different.

I would love to compare my Odyssey Backstryke 2-Ball to the PXG Allen putter. I was bummed when I didn’t get the L.A.B DF3 tester. I’ve been playing the Odyssey Backstryke since it came out in 2010 and became a firm believer of the zero torque concept. My putts rolled true and stayed in line. This putter was so good that I even sold my Scotty Cameron Delmar putter. I still can’t believe that the Odyssey Backstryke  putter still occupies a space in my golf bag to this day.   I even went as far as emailing Odyssey to see if they would introduce a new version of this putter to compete against L.A.B.  Of course, I never got a response back. Odyssey was a pioneer at the time of the Odyssey Backstryke release but it wasn’t well received. During that time most players still used blade putters, while mallets were slowly gaining popularity. I always said that the Odyssey Backstryke came out a decade too early. It’s nice to finally see manufacturers like PXG are getting into the zero torque concept. Hopefully, one day I can upgrade to a new zero torque putter.

This would be a great opportunity to try out a different concept and engineering accomplishment.   I would love to try this and see if it helps me sink more putts cause while a strength,  I struggle returning my putter to square at times. 

1 hour ago, manVSgolf said:

I have 25+ LABs, a LAB revealer, several putting mats (airbreak, birdieball, others), a Capto, and a putting robot (Iron Archie).  I would be willing to pick up an Axis 1 Rose (out of pocket) to compare against the 3 claiming zero torque in their own way.

I believe I would be best able to review this comparing it against LABs.  I would remain unbiased and give kudos for everything this putter does right while showcasing how it is different.

Photos of all of them please!!!

Must see this collection 

This is a very interesting design, I am intrigued!

My current putter is a Ping Nome, 41 inch shaft used as an armlock putter.

If this PXG can beat out the Ping that would be really saying something!

Thanks for the chance MGS.

I would love to test this against my Odessey Doublewide.  I have heard so many good things about Face balanced and feel this could really change the game of putting.

3 hours ago, manVSgolf said:

Hell. I want to try this putter but even I want to see you get one just so we can see your collection and hear your thoughts. It sounds pretty darn impressive 

Man, would I be eternally grateful for an opportunity to test this incredible looking putter out! Anything that can help my putting would be phenomenal and I’m sure those of us with weak putting games would be interested in hearing if this type of putter could help us. I don’t enter all the testing opportunities because I’m happy with the current equipment I have and it also gives others who would benefit from the testing a better shot of being picked. Keeping my fingers crossed I’ll get a shot at testing this baby 🤞

The hosel here seems super interesting. A cool way to act like a center shafted putter without actually going thru the middle of the head. Excited to hear what the testers feel about it. 

Interested in this for sure.  Switched from a blade to a Taylormade Spider Tour X looking to gain strokes.  It's been OK, but feel it could be better.  Wondering if zero torque would help even more

I was pumped when I saw PXG release this guy and the initial article dropped by MGS. I'm excited to see what other brands do. It seems the "zero torque" craze is here to stay. 

Wow. Been wanting to try the lab putters for a while. From what I've read, people seem to like this putter a lot. The only club in my bag that isn't PXG is the putter. They have great clubs and are often overlooked due to how brash the company is. I was telling my nephew yesterday that I should just buy the Allan. Putting has been a nightmare of late 😒

This Test is now closed to further comments.