Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
238 signups
Equipment Type: Driver
Vendor: Teeless

Teeless Driver

There’s a plethora of golf infomercials. Is the Teeless Golf Driver the one that actually helps golfers?

Screenshot 2023-04-05 22.50.12.png

It was tested at MyGolfSpy in the Lab Series, but we want to see what you our forum members think!

Every infomercial golf product claims it can help golfers. Teeless is no different. It targets golfers who struggle with fairway woods and swing below 100 mph.

Despite being 13 degrees of loft, the Teeless Driver is designed to limit fat or chunky shots and essentially be a better option versus your current 3-wood or driver. Hitting the ball higher is the goal, especially from tight lies. Many higher-handicap golfers struggle with this.

In terms of where you can use the Teeless, it is more of a “where can you not use it?” Off the tee box, fairway, rough sand or even out of a divot, it is supposed to be forgiving and easy to hit.

TESTERS ANNOUNCED!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

Be sure to check out the Forum Social Channels on InstagramTwitter

56 Comments

The Teeless Driver delivered yesterday. Today I was off to the driving range to practice all that it said it can do. I even had two other people hit a few shots with it. Not being one to hold my tongue and I've been told I might just be a little too brutally honest sometimes. So here it goes.  

First impressions: 

Looks. Not bad, looks like a driver at address. Mental problem is your looking at a driver. Normally you want to tee this up off the inside of your front foot. Instructions say to play it like a 7 iron. At address you just really have to focus on getting it centered in your stance which is not normal for a head this size.  Bet your wondering what happens if you play it forward a little. ( Slice ) This club has a shallow face, so it is meant to be played on the ground or on a tee flush with the grass. Anything higher will result in a skied shot. 

Did it outdrive my driver? Not one bit.

Did it outdrive my 3 wood? Was it straighter than my 3 wood? No.

It was playing equivalent to my 5 wood both in height and length. 

Did it play well off the fairway? Yes.  Did it play well out of divots? Yes. I took a video of this, and I will post it later on. 

Sound: Horrible. It sounded like a tin can. Even for someone with no ears like me it sounded bad.  

That's my first experience. Let's see what the other two testers had to say about it. 

The first person was a young woman I would guess low to mid 20's. She exhibited the same placement issue. She wanted to tee the ball up and hit it like a driver and play it off her front foot. I let her proceed to see if she would get the same result as I did. She wound up with a high slice. Once I told her how to hit it. She made adjustments and got good high launch and was finding the fairway. She did not like the sound, but she did like the height and distance from playing off the ground. 

The next person was probably a little older than the young woman. But he was definitely a player. I don't know what his swing speed is, but his driver was hitting the trees at the back of the range and that was over 250 yards. this time I told him in advance how to position the ball in his stance. He was hitting it pretty well, but they were all not towering shots. Was it as long as his driver? Not by a long shot. I mean not even close. He did say it was getting the same distance as his 3 wood. But also admitted that he didn't hit his 3 wood all that well to start. But his shots were in the fairway and did go a good distance. Roughly right at 200 yards. He was also not a fan of the sound.   

Day one, off to a good start with testing. 

Sometime next week there will be a senior shoot out at a nearby course. I'll get as many guys to hit it as possible and get their feedback.  

Day two, more individual testing. 

I played 18 today with the Teeless comparing 2nd shots on par 5's. I was making good center face contact. The Teeless was creating high shots and they were in the fairway as long as ball position was centered in my stance. Picture is a little blurry, but you get the point.  

Contact.jpg.4220c0c0391dc8aa0731abb394f8c6de.jpg

It still was not longer than my three 3 wood. From a scoring standpoint this club did not help. From my perspective I want to be as close to the green as possible for the shortest approach possible. 

Here is a clip from out of a divot.  If you look closely, you can see the trajectory the ball was taking out of the divot. 

I did measure the driver length and it is 43". So are the 3 wood and 5 wood I was comparing against. The face material is a maraging steel to give you more of a spring effect. However, after yesterday's range session I can already see scratches on the face just from hitting dirty range balls.  My partner in crime wanted in on the action too.  I'm thinking he just wanted to be part of the mile high club. So after a little bracing for impact off he went into the wild blue. I might say he did enjoy the trip because he did find the fairway.  

IMG_0259.JPG.cbe236fcbdb19566c20439c6419d192f.JPG

So far, the club is doing some of what is stated. It launches high, finds the fairway as long as you hit it from the center of your stance. You can play it out of the fairway, rough, and divots. The only thing I haven't tried yet is hitting out of a fairway bunker. I think this club would be good for a higher handicap golfer or someone that struggles getting the ball up in the air from the fairway where a wood is required on your second shot. Off the tee it might come in handy for narrow fairways. For a golfer with a handicap under 12 or so this might not be the club for them. But saying that, I'm sure this was not designed for them either. 

Looking forward to doing some mass testing from random golfers. I have a spreadsheet put together for feedback. 

1 minute ago, Yellow Ball said:

Day two, more individual testing. 

I played 18 today with the Teeless comparing 2nd shots on par 5's. I was making good center face contact. The Teeless was creating high shots and they were in the fairway as long as ball position was centered in my stance. Picture is a little blurry, but you get the point.  

Contact.jpg.4220c0c0391dc8aa0731abb394f8c6de.jpg

It still was not longer than my three 3 wood. From a scoring standpoint this club did not help. From my perspective I want to be as close to the green as possible for the shortest approach possible. 

Here is a clip from out of a divot.  If you look closely, you can see the trajectory the ball was taking out of the divot. 

I did measure the driver length and it is 43". So are the 3 wood and 5 wood I was comparing against. The face material is a maraging steel to give you more of a spring effect. However, after yesterday's range session I can already see scratches on the face just from hitting dirty range balls.  My partner in crime wanted in on the action too.  I'm thinking he just wanted to be part of the mile high club. So after a little bracing for impact off he went into the wild blue. I might say he did enjoy the trip because he did find the fairway.  

IMG_0259.JPG.cbe236fcbdb19566c20439c6419d192f.JPG

So far, the club is doing some of what is stated. It launches high, finds the fairway as long as you hit it from the center of your stance. You can play it out of the fairway, rough, and divots. The only thing I haven't tried yet is hitting out of a fairway bunker. I think this club would be good for a higher handicap golfer or someone that struggles getting the ball up in the air from the fairway where a wood is required on your second shot. Off the tee it might come in handy for narrow fairways. For a golfer with a handicap under 12 or so this might not be the club for them. But saying that, I'm sure this was not designed for them either. 

Looking forward to doing some mass testing from random golfers. I have a spreadsheet put together for feedback. 

@Yellow Ball how was the sound? Ears ringing?

This Test is now closed to further comments.