Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,233 signups
Equipment Type: Tech
Vendor: Garmin

Testers Wanted: Garmin Approach S70

image.png

It is commonplace now for golfers to have some sort of GPS or Shot tracking system while on the course. There are a lot of options available as well. From apps to enhanced rangefinders to clips and of course watches. 

All have their own unique potential benefits and potential drawbacks, but the Garmin Approach S70 aims to narrow that being a premium GPS Golf Smartwatch which you can use not only on the course, but in your day to day life as well. 

The Garmin Approach S70 has a variety of features including: Bright 1.4-inch amoled touch display, pre-installed with 43,000 golf courses worldwide, optimized playslike distance, an improved virtual caddie including green contour data as well as a variety of health and fitness features. 

Available in two sizes and three different colors there is an option that should suit any golfer. Claiming to have an impressive battery life that lasts up to 14 days in smartwatch mode and up to 15 hours in GPS mode. It also claims to be waterproof for those who like to play in the rain and has a 5 ATM water resistance rating. 

On the surface there is a lot to like about the Garmin Approach S70 as it will seemingly do it all both on and off the course, which is where you come in. MyGolfSpy is looking for 4 golfers who will test, review and keep the Garmin Approach S70. 

MCE-7760_20230329_Support_ROD_1868_RGB.jpg

This testing opportunity is open to golfers in the US & Canada! It also works for both left and right handed golfers!

Interested in testing and telling us what you think about all the features of the Garmin Approach S70? Sign up before it is too late! 

This testing opportunity will close August 2nd and we will announce the selected testers August 8th on the MyGolfSpy Forum.

343 Comments

I was using a phone app for scoring and GPS. I found it to be very inconvenient.  A watch would be great. Would love to test this watch!!

Would love to test this.  I actually use a scope that’s meant for bow hunting. Hard to grab the flag sometimes.  Thanks for the opportunity!

Currently using garmin Approach 80.  Would like to try the watch, eliminate the need to carry the Approach.  Currently play 4 times a week, practice 2-3 days.  

I use a Garmin Sapphire 5 running Garmin Golf for shot tracking today, and use a range finder on a shot per shot basis to validate certain distances when Front-Middle-Back isn't enough.  I would love to test out this product!

I’d love to try this . I’m a garmin guy  I use the s62 and I have an R10. Been looking at the s70 since it came out and wanna see if there is a big difference 

Another great company product to be tested by MyGolfSpy  testers.  Hoping I may be one.  Thanks for the opportunity to be selected.

I’m currently using an approach 10 with broken strap. I would love to test the new version. Looking forward to the feedback. 

I've been using the Approach S62 for nearly the last two years and have been very happy with it.  Very interested to compare it to the S70!

Feel like I have way too much tech. I have a bushnell wingman view with front middle and back distances on the small screen, using the gps on the bushnell connected app and my bushnell rangefinder. It’s quite the set up but can’t blame a bad distance on anything but me. 

Oh man, this would be perfect for my home course.

Cell signal gets wonky when in the low parts of the course, and my phone GPS ain't cutting it.

Range finder is great, but would love visual reminders of my actual desired landing spots on some of the tough greens.

I would love to be selected to review the new S70. I currently wear the S60 daily and on the course, and I love it but there are things that could definitely be improved on or added. The s70 intrigues me with the brighter display, virtual caddie, "playslike" heart monitoring, and garmin pay. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

I’m a watch guy… LOVE watches, so the fact that this one can be used for more than golf, and then within the golf capabilities it can detect wind, weather, and elevation is HUGE! I only use a laser on-course, and sometimes use Golfshot to see green to-front/back, so it would be great to compare this with those two.

I'm currently using the GHIN Gps system.  Previously had a sky golf sg5, that they stopped supporting this year.  I'd like to give this a try--particularily becauseit is something worn on the wrist.

I’d be thrilled to try it out!

I currently use a Garmin Vicoactive 4, with CT sensors on the putter and wedges. Have often wondered how the higher end dedicated golf watch would compare/benefit golfers to an all around Garmin watch. I play on a league that goes to ten different courses and my biggest beef with my current Garmin watch is it has a hard time “finding” the new course whether I download it ahead of time or just try to search it through gps at the course. 

Good luck to everyone signing up. Have had my eye on these Garmin watches for awhile now. Can’t wait to see what the testers think 

I have been using a Garmin Fenix 6X Sapphire for years along with the Garmin CT10 sensors. The sensors kept falling off so I removed them but the Fenix watch has been a solid performer. It will be very interesting to see how the Approach S70 measures up!

Interested in the reviews, I walk most of my rounds now and hate pulling out a rangefinder.  Would be way more convenient to take a look at my wrist and be close on numbers.

I would love the opportunity to give this a try! Currently use bushnell hand held range finder, this would make a great addition to my game.

I would love to test this newest Garmin GPS device as I believe my old Approach S6 is on its last days, (dark spot on screen)

Thank you for considering me.

This Test is now closed to further comments.