Testers Wanted: Vortex Rangefinders ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,233 signups
Equipment Type: Tech
Vendor: Garmin

Testers Wanted: Garmin Approach S70

image.png

It is commonplace now for golfers to have some sort of GPS or Shot tracking system while on the course. There are a lot of options available as well. From apps to enhanced rangefinders to clips and of course watches. 

All have their own unique potential benefits and potential drawbacks, but the Garmin Approach S70 aims to narrow that being a premium GPS Golf Smartwatch which you can use not only on the course, but in your day to day life as well. 

The Garmin Approach S70 has a variety of features including: Bright 1.4-inch amoled touch display, pre-installed with 43,000 golf courses worldwide, optimized playslike distance, an improved virtual caddie including green contour data as well as a variety of health and fitness features. 

Available in two sizes and three different colors there is an option that should suit any golfer. Claiming to have an impressive battery life that lasts up to 14 days in smartwatch mode and up to 15 hours in GPS mode. It also claims to be waterproof for those who like to play in the rain and has a 5 ATM water resistance rating. 

On the surface there is a lot to like about the Garmin Approach S70 as it will seemingly do it all both on and off the course, which is where you come in. MyGolfSpy is looking for 4 golfers who will test, review and keep the Garmin Approach S70. 

MCE-7760_20230329_Support_ROD_1868_RGB.jpg

This testing opportunity is open to golfers in the US & Canada! It also works for both left and right handed golfers!

Interested in testing and telling us what you think about all the features of the Garmin Approach S70? Sign up before it is too late! 

This testing opportunity will close August 2nd and we will announce the selected testers August 8th on the MyGolfSpy Forum.

343 Comments

Sounds great, I'm in.   I've been using the Fenix 6 for years and the feature updates look great.  Especially looking for want to testing the green side of things. 

I've been eyeballing this Garmin watch for quite a while. Currently I use a Samsung Galaxy watch and an installed app to use as a golf GPS and find knowing distance is invaluable to me. This Garmin S70 will take it to the next level with the interface, graphics and performance. 

Currently use a Swami GPS watch that is very basic - Would LOVE to be selected for one of these beauties....Daily player that could really use the accuracy!!  Heard great things!

Awesome test. I currently use a Garmin Approach S10. it's pretty basic, but certainly got me into using a GPS as a watch. While I would absolutely love to test what the new technology of an S70 would bring, just really glad y'all are digging in. Good luck to all who apply and look forward to the reviews!

Thank you, MGS!

As someone who solely uses a rangefinder (slope is important on the courses I play) - I'd be curious to how this stacks against what I know.  The 'plays like' distance is interesting as wind quickly becomes a 1-2 club factor.   Super curious how this is relative to what I know/expect after playing our CC so much and knowing how conditions effect club choice.

Thank you guys for an awesome opportunity!!!  I am currently using the Garmin S60 with the ct10 sensors and they go well together, although the S60 is just so outdated as far as the screen and the features, I can only Imagine how awesome the CT10 sensors would work with the new S70!!!  This would be an amazing win, and my  review would definitely include the functionality and integration of the S70 with a full set of CT10 sensors 👍

I also have the S62 and really like it, A better view of the course would be great, plays like good, green read great if it's included in the cost. I use this watch every time I play and swear it daily as a watch, step counter, pulse ox, heart rate and to see texts.

Always loved using gps watches not always in line of site of green being a high handcap but do know what club should get there 75% of the time lol.  At the moment been using the Garmin S42 came from a regular garmin smartwatch and a TomTom golfer.

I would definitely try and review this product.  Have used a golf buddy voice, but it died.  Use a rangefinder frequently.

I have never done any statistical analysis of my game, but I always thought it would take up too much time.  A watch should help with the speed process.

This Test is now closed to further comments.