So I sorted out my bin of "found" balls, into boxes marked;

Titleist

Callaway

Bridgestone

Nike/TM

Others

Guess which box was fullest?

Callaway- by a long shot

Keep in mind if I had left all the PV-1's in, Titleist would probably have won. But I also pulled all the Chrome balls too- unfortunately, not many.

I found 0 Kirkland

I also didn't find any TP5's

So a friend wanted all the callaway "super soft", so I found I had two dozens them to give him.

So out of curiosity, I dropped a super soft, and a hex black, both from an arms raised position

The super soft bounced about 5" higher, again and again.

I assumed without really knowing, that the hex black was a superior ball, but it was way less bouncy, and it had a " click" sound when it his the cement floor, whereas the super soft was more of a muted thud.

So if a ball bounces higher, does that mean it will go farther, or will that only be for slower swing speeds.

If anyone want to challenge two balls against each other to see what bounces higher, lemme know, and I'll do a bounce test for you. I think I have a few of almost all balls

IMG_2167.JPG

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Softer doesn't always mean longer. It has to do with compressing the ball with the club. The Supersoft is made for and marketed toward slower swing speeds. Whereas the Hex black is a tour type ball and is marketed toward better golfers it doesn't mean that slower swing speeds can't use it, it just may not "work" as well for them as other balls. It's really a personal preference. Some people don't try diffferent balls, but I do t get paid to play so I choose something that I like and that's what I use. I am really liking g this new chrome soft X ball.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived