Fitting at TPI

EMJL

Short version: I have a full bag fitting at the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) in a little more than one month. I have seen a lot of information about fittings generally and have been fit once before at a True Spec in the Chicago area, but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions/thoughts specific to TPI. 

More detail:

I live in the midwest and am tacking the fitting onto a trip to California. ...sadly it's not a golf trip and so I won't be bringing my clubs with me. I know my current distances with a Pro V1X when hitting off of grass, and because I have a simulator, I know my spin rates and descent angles when hitting off a mat. Anything else you think might be particularly helpful to brush up on before the fitting? I understand that my current numbers might be slightly off for how I'm swinging on that particular day. Because of that, I am considering putting my 7 iron in a very solid tube (with padding) and checking it as baggage on the plane. 

My main focus for the fitting is the wedges. A friend of mine has had a fitting at TPI and he said their wedge fitting was great. The secondary focus is testing out the T-series irons to see whether the stated reduction in distance dispersion pans out for me. My home course has a number of smaller greens that are oblong and are set up front left to back right (on an angle relative to the center of the fairway) -- so the extra distance on a slight pull makes it very likely you will be off the green as does the distance lost on a slight push/fade. If those changes in distance could be minimized, then there'd be a better shot of catching the putting surface.

Any thoughts much appreciated. 

Driver:  Callaway Mavrik 10.5->9.5, Paderson KinetiXX Launch R

Wood:  Callaway Mavrik 3, Paderson KinetiXX Launch R 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 4H, Graphite Design Tour AD R

Irons:    Miura CB301, 5-gw, Aerotech Steelfiber I95 R

Wedge: Vokey SM8 54 and 58, 12 bounce, D grind, Shimada tour black

Putter:  Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

don’t brush up on anything and let the fitter do his/her job. Communicate well with the fitter and these fitters are top notch so they will be able to communicate well with you.

Being open minded and letting go of any preconceived notions or thoughts is going to help the fitting be better

Thanks for the thoughts @RickyBobby_PR. ...though I might be misunderstanding your intent.

I completely agree that I should let the fitter do their job. What I had in mind is that after the fitter has put together their recommendations, I'll want to compare the recommendations against my current set of clubs to figure out whether I should pull the trigger and purchase something. I'd like to base that comparison on quantitative things that will translate into scoring on the golf course. I know some of my numbers, but not all of them and so wondered if there were particular numbers/features other find important.

Or maybe you primarily meant that I should let go of prioritizing wedges/irons over the other clubs?

Driver:  Callaway Mavrik 10.5->9.5, Paderson KinetiXX Launch R

Wood:  Callaway Mavrik 3, Paderson KinetiXX Launch R 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 4H, Graphite Design Tour AD R

Irons:    Miura CB301, 5-gw, Aerotech Steelfiber I95 R

Wedge: Vokey SM8 54 and 58, 12 bounce, D grind, Shimada tour black

Putter:  Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

4 hours ago, EMJL said:

Thanks for the thoughts @RickyBobby_PR. ...though I might be misunderstanding your intent.

I completely agree that I should let the fitter do their job. What I had in mind is that after the fitter has put together their recommendations, I'll want to compare the recommendations against my current set of clubs to figure out whether I should pull the trigger and purchase something. I'd like to base that comparison on quantitative things that will translate into scoring on the golf course. I know some of my numbers, but not all of them and so wondered if there were particular numbers/features other find important.

Or maybe you primarily meant that I should let go of prioritizing wedges/irons over the other clubs?

I’m saying the fitter is let the fitter get you in the right clubs. There are variables that may make what your numbers are to be off especially on sims, mats, indoor, ball. Swing that today