Cliqgear 3.5 with Alphard Club Booster V2

I would rather walk for the health of it. I’m considering a motorized bag cart, but already have an equipped Cliqgear 3.5.

Does anyone use an Alphard on their Cliqgear 3.5? If so, what do you think about the setup - good and bad?

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

• 3 months later...

This is a late reply but yes, I do, and have for about 2 years now.  I added the swivel wheels that Alphard sells to the front to make it more maneuverable.  Overall I love my set up.  The V2 is great and Clicgear carts are top notch. 

My only complaints are how cumbersome and  large the cart is while closed with the articulating front wheels and the Clicgear 3.5 itself isn't the easiest to close.  I pinched my finger so badly one time trying to get it to fold that I thought I had broken it. Its more difficult than the 2.5.   

But if youre used to the Clicgear 3.5, I would recommend the V2 motor and keep using your cart.  You have to permanently remove the hand brake from your cart and the rear wheels and brackets in order to install, so you won't be switching back to a pushcart without reinstalling.   

The battery is heavy but not overly so and its so nice to be able to just take the battery into the garage to charge vs the whole cart.  I use the remote to control it.  I have the TFS where you tether it to your belt and it follows, but it was too fussy.  They have a new system that doesn't have a tether.   I would be interested to try it but the remote works very well. 

In general the battery will last for 2 rounds.  It really depends on how heavy your bad is, the terrain it is going over, and how you use your remote.  My husband has a heavier bag and a bagboy quad and his battery runs out faster than mine.  However he also speeds his cart up more, which appears to use more battery.  There are 5 battery level indicator lights on the battery to give you a good idea of your level. If you run out, its really not that hard to push the cart with the battery attached.  It rolls well, but there is a little more resistance plus the weight of the battery.  

One more caveat.  As with any lithium, you dont want to store it in a cold car or unheated area or the battery will drain faster. We played Goat Hill Park in Oceanside, Ca early one Winter morning and had left our batteries in the car after playing 9 holes the day before.  That course is VERY hilly and the batteries had gotten below freezing overnight, so they didn't last the round.  Lesson learned! 

Hope that helps a little bit!

It's the equipment,not the player....totally convinced. 

On 5/9/2024 at 9:03 AM, WeileMom said:

This is a late reply but yes, I do, and have for about 2 years now.  I added the swivel wheels that Alphard sells to the front to make it more maneuverable.  Overall I love my set up.  The V2 is great and Clicgear carts are top notch. 

My only complaints are how cumbersome and  large the cart is while closed with the articulating front wheels and the Clicgear 3.5 itself isn't the easiest to close.  I pinched my finger so badly one time trying to get it to fold that I thought I had broken it. Its more difficult than the 2.5.   

But if youre used to the Clicgear 3.5, I would recommend the V2 motor and keep using your cart.  You have to permanently remove the hand brake from your cart and the rear wheels and brackets in order to install, so you won't be switching back to a pushcart without reinstalling.   

The battery is heavy but not overly so and its so nice to be able to just take the battery into the garage to charge vs the whole cart.  I use the remote to control it.  I have the TFS where you tether it to your belt and it follows, but it was too fussy.  They have a new system that doesn't have a tether.   I would be interested to try it but the remote works very well. 

In general the battery will last for 2 rounds.  It really depends on how heavy your bad is, the terrain it is going over, and how you use your remote.  My husband has a heavier bag and a bagboy quad and his battery runs out faster than mine.  However he also speeds his cart up more, which appears to use more battery.  There are 5 battery level indicator lights on the battery to give you a good idea of your level. If you run out, its really not that hard to push the cart with the battery attached.  It rolls well, but there is a little more resistance plus the weight of the battery.  

One more caveat.  As with any lithium, you dont want to store it in a cold car or unheated area or the battery will drain faster. We played Goat Hill Park in Oceanside, Ca early one Winter morning and had left our batteries in the car after playing 9 holes the day before.  That course is VERY hilly and the batteries had gotten below freezing overnight, so they didn't last the round.  Lesson learned! 

Hope that helps a little bit!

Great information! I purchased a V2 in March and have used it five times. I didn’t get the two-wheel front option yet, as I find the single front wheel works fine (at this point). 

I keep clubs/cart/v2 in my basement to avoid temp issues. Yeah, it’s a bit of a hassle to shlep them in and out - but it keeps them in a better ‘climate.’

It definitely helps navigate the hilly topography of central PA, and beats pushing up or hanging on going down the terrain. I prefer to walk as much as possible. It’s better for my game and me.

We’re coming into the summer course crawl period. I don’t think I’m going to hold up the snail conga line by walking. I have a CG seat attachment order in mind as a handy add-on when things stop on the course. 

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

• 3 months later...

I have the 3.5+ clicgear with the seat. I purchased the V2 motor, but don't know how to make the seat work with the V2 motor. How does the bracket attach to the rear axle while using the V2? I can't find a how to vid online.